Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary vs Trump vs Clinton vs Donald
Just for fun pay attention to how many people call her by her first name and him by his last.

It's a good psychological move by the "news" people.

When talking about them it is usually "Hillary" and "Trump" or "Donald Trump".

Less frequently it is "Clinton".

Never is it "Hillary" and "Donald".

It's fun to watch who does it and why.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
They/we/I call her Hillary to separate her from Bill just like everyone separated the Bush's by calling the dad Bush and the son "W".

There's no animosity or anything against Hillary, people are just distinguishing between the two.
(07-31-2016, 01:41 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: They/we/I call her Hillary to separate her from Bill just like everyone separated the Bush's by calling the dad Bush and the son "W".

There's no animosity or anything against Hillary, people are just distinguishing between the two.

But but but the patriarchy.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(07-31-2016, 01:41 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: They/we/I call her Hillary to separate her from Bill just like everyone separated the Bush's by calling the dad Bush and the son "W".

Is Bill running for office?

No.
(07-31-2016, 03:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is Bill running for office?

No.

You're going to see what you want, no use arguing about this with you. No matter what anyone says, you're right, they're wrong. So, you win, now let the thread die.
(07-31-2016, 03:37 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You're going to see what you want, no use arguing about this with you. No matter what anyone says, you're right, they're wrong. So, you win, now let the thread die.

While that is generally true this has been a tactic even in the primaries.

Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, Trump.

Some of that is that way each campaign is ran.

Feel the Bern took off so that made it easier to call him Bernie.

Hillary uses a Yuge H in her campaign so why no call her Hillary?

Nonetheless it is a media tactic too.

Just pointing it out.  Folks can ignore it.
I've actually been considering calling them by their properly titled names. Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton. I try sometimes, but I often forget.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
You are seeing persecution where there is none.

Do a search for Hillary Clinton signs and most say "Hillary".

Even the candidate is distinguishing herself from her husband.
(07-31-2016, 04:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've actually been considering calling them by their properly titled names. Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton. I try sometimes, but I often forget.

That would be the proper way.  I agree.

(07-31-2016, 04:31 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You are seeing persecution where there is none.

Do a search for Hillary Clinton signs and most say "Hillary".

Even the candidate is distinguishing herself from her husband.

I'm not seeing persecution.  I'm seeing manipulation.
Well, people referred to the Bush running this time as Jeb....his campaign slogan was "Jeb!" (seriously, no wonder the guy lost)
--------------------------------------------------------

This is the problem with political dynasties.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Hilldog used her first name, to soften her ice queen image.
That's why Fox usually uses her whole or last name.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk