Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary wants to unemploy hard working Americans
https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/hillarys-binders-full-of-miners/

Quote:“We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business,”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yeah, well the right wing wants to make sure the unemployment line is full of abortion doctors, too. Man, people always trying to put hard working Americans out of work!
(03-19-2016, 09:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, well the right wing wants to make sure the unemployment line is full of abortion doctors, too.  Man, people always trying to put hard working Americans out of work!

Someone as educated as a doctors most likely has other opportunities available; to include diffrent disciplines in the medical field. perhaps even devlivering the ones they used to abort. Coal miners of KY, WV, PA, ect.... not so much.

Part of the industry I work in works with mines.

While regulation get a LOT of the blame for the coal mine problems it is really the tip of a big iceberg.

Consolidation killed the small mines.
Cheap natural gas caused more and more power plants to switch over, or at least change to dual forms.
Warm winters have kept usage low and stock supply high forcing down prices.
Lax safety control have added to the government involvement when accidents occur.

The list goes on and on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-20-2016, 12:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Someone as educated as a doctors most likely has other opportunities available; to include diffrent disciplines in the medical field. perhaps even devlivering the ones they used to abort. Coal miners of KY, WV, PA, ect.... not so much.

Coal mining is just a thing of the past.  It's like fighting the emergence of chemistry because all the alchemists who strive to transmute lead into gold are going to lose their jobs.
How long did they think their jobs would be safe? Cleaner alternative energies are the future.
Henry Ford put all the wagon and carriage makers out of business.

How evil was that?
(03-20-2016, 02:04 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: How long did they think their jobs would be safe? Cleaner alternative energies are the future.

My ol' man worked western PA industry since he got back from 'nam until he died and when I was a kid he told me (I was born in 1981) that not only did his job suck, but that people of my generation wouldn't be able to get that kind of job even if they wanted to.
(03-20-2016, 02:04 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: How long did they think their jobs would be safe? Cleaner alternative energies are the future.

You mean like Natural Gas?

WTS, regardless if there is a discovery made tomorrow that everything in the world can run on sea water. You have to be a special kind of disconnected to say you are going to but a segment of the country out of work. 

(03-20-2016, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You mean like Natural Gas?

WTS, regardless if there is a discovery made tomorrow that everything in the world can run on sea water. You have to be a special kind of disconnected to say you are going to but a segment of the country out of work. 

Meh, people lose jobs all the time when the industry peters out.  I knew and older guy who was scanning tickets for a baseball team because he ran a printing press for decades and suddenly people didn't want printed media on a regular basis.  I am one of the few people I know who actually purchases and employs media of a tangible nature.  I still buy LPs and CDs and books and most people I know just don't see that as remotely relevant.  It comes down to the notion that many people not only prefer to get their music/media via the internet, but that people simply don't see WHY anyone would still buy stuff that takes up room and/or has a monetary cost.

But I recall when manufacturing jobs were being sent to Mexico and China the response from many was "Well, you shouldn't rely on a job someone with no skill can do" or there was the notion that manufacturing was being outsourced to 3rd world countries and only a fool would expect an American to be able to make a living doing such a thing.

There was a time when my ol' man worked in a Pittsburgh-area factory and he was the sole income earner for a middle-ish class family, but those days are long gone.  I can sit here and complain that our demographic and lifestyle was phased out, but I want my cheap electronics and cars all the same, so what's the point?  Hell, I'm more surprised that mining and burning coal is still as relevant as it is in this day and age; it just seems so archaic as both a job and a fuel source.
(03-20-2016, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Henry Ford put all the wagon and carriage makers out of business.

How evil was that?

Henry Ford offered a better alternative that didn't need the weight of the government to force it on the people.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-20-2016, 04:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Henry Ford offered a better alternative that didn't need the weight of the government to force it on the people.

Yea it was pretty sweet we had individuals pave roads make highways and put up traffic lights. And the reduction of public transportation had nothing to do with it either.
(03-20-2016, 04:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Henry Ford offered a better alternative that didn't need the weight of the government to force it on the people.

So what.  If the government had supported the auto industry back then does that mean people like you would have still rode horses.  It is foolish to oppose a good idea just because the government is involoved.  The Chinese government is devoting billions of dollars to solar power.  if we don't do something they will own our asses in 20 years.

Meanwhile here in the US the fossil fuel industry has finally admitted that fracking is the cause of the 900% increase in earthquakes in Oklahoma over the last few years.  Then there is the increase in disease caused by air pollution and the effects on our environment.  If we continue to tie our future to fossil fuels we are doomed.
No Fred, it means the government has to unvolve itself because it is not a better alternative.  People didn't buy cars because the government ran the horse business out of business.  If the government needs to clear out competition, you don't have a better alternative yet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-20-2016, 04:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea it was pretty sweet we had individuals pave roads make highways and put up traffic lights. And the reduction of public transportation had nothing to do with it either.

Im not sure what you ars talking about in relation to my comment.  

(03-20-2016, 08:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No Fred, it means the government has to unvolve itself because it is not a better alternative.  

It is a better alternative.  

It is cleaner.

It is renewable.

It does not cause millions of dollars of earthquake damage in Oklahoma and other western states.

It does not pump billions of tons of a greenhouse gas into our atmosphere.

We don't have to fight endless wars in the middle east because of our dependence on it.

If we ait until we run out we will be screwed.
(03-20-2016, 08:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Im not sure what you ars talking about in relation to my comment.  

The auto industry benefited greatly from the government building roads.

Initially they tried to get private industry to build major roads (research Lincoln Highway), but that failed.  It was the availability of infrastructure that made the automobile so popular in America.
Fred, we were talking about coal, but same with oil. If the alternatives were better, then there would be no need for the givernment to force it upon us, and brag about putting coal mines out of business.

(03-20-2016, 09:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The auto industry benefited greatly from the government building roads.

Initially they tried to get private industry to build major roads (research Lincoln Highway), but that failed.  It was the availability of infrastructure that made the automobile so popular in America.

Roads were built as a response to the boon of the car.  They didn't build a bunch of roads in the hope that people would buy cars.

If the alternatives are better, why doesn't every liberal have an electric car for example? Because at this time, for most people, electric cars are not a better alternative to gas cars. When the time comes that they are, then they will become the predominate vehicle.