Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hills "accepts responsibility" for loss
At least that's what it says in the title:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/clinton-blames-misogyny-fbi-russia-herself-for-2016-loss/ar-BBAExJV?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Quote:Hillary Clinton said Tuesday that she's taking responsibility for her 2016 election loss but believes misogyny, Russian interference and questionable decisions by the FBI also influenced the outcome.
The former Democratic presidential nominee offered extensive comments about the election during the Women for Women International's annual luncheon in New York. Clinton said she's been going through the "painful" process of reliving the 2016 contest while writing a book.
"It wasn't a perfect campaign. There is no such thing," Clinton said in a question-and-answer-session with CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "But I was on the way to winning until a combination of (FBI Director) Jim Comey's letter on Oct. 28 and Russian WikiLeaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me but got scared off."
She reminded the enthusiastic audience packed with women that she ultimately earned 3 million more votes than President Donald Trump.
"If the election were on Oct. 27, I would be your president," Clinton said.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yeah, that sounds like the exact opposite of accepting responsibility. Lol

When you have to cheat to win the primaries, clearly it's everyone else's fault that you lost the main election.

Shit... we need to just get rid of both parties. They are both awful.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/hillary-clinton-planned-parenthood-women-for-women/

Quote:"I take absolute personal responsibility. I was the candidate, I was the person who was on the ballot. I am very aware of the challenges, the problems, the shortfalls that we had," Clinton said, before adding that she was "on the way to winning until a combination of Jim Comey's letter on October 28 and Russian WikiLeaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me and got scared off."

Clinton, who is currently writing a book that partly reflects on her 2016 loss, added, "The reason I believe we lost were the intervening events in the last 10 days."

The event marks the latest where Clinton, in a stinging rebuke to Trump, both blames herself for the 2016 loss but also casts the current President as someone aided by outside factors, including the Russian government.

After Clinton noted the 3 million more votes she won than Trump, Amanpour joked that the President would soon tweet about the comment.

"Fine. Better than the interfering in foreign affairs," Clinton said. "If he wants to tweet about me than I am happy to be the diversion because we have lot of things to worry about. He should worry less about the election and my winning the popular vote than doing some other things that would be important for the country."

Clinton, aides and friends say, has grown more at peace with her loss in recent months, but is still focused on the interference by the Russian government, especially the fact that WikiLeaks began releasing John Podesta's hacked emails hours after the damaging "Access Hollywood" Trump tape was released.
ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-02-2017, 10:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/hillary-clinton-planned-parenthood-women-for-women/

ThumbsUp

Guess we just have different thresholds for accepting responsibility.

WTS, not sure I can blame her. You are sure and everybody has told you that you are going to be a figure that goes down in history for generations. Centuries after you are gone folks will read about you in history books. Then you lose it and still have folks that don't know how it works saying you should have won because you got more votes.

Can you imagine losing all of that and then realizing that you lost to a President that many loathe? Hell, I'd say it's not my fault too.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-02-2017, 10:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/hillary-clinton-planned-parenthood-women-for-women/

ThumbsUp

"I was the candidate and take the blame for the loss, but I wouldn't have lost if other people hadn't done x, y and z".

Your support for such blatantly two faced statements was eminently predictable.
Yeah... you can't claim to take full responsibility and still try to blame Comey and Russia in the next breathe. The only people buying that are the rubes that voted "for" you and not the ones that voted against the other guy.
(05-03-2017, 12:25 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah... you can't claim to take full responsibility and still try to blame Comey and Russia in the next breathe. The only people buying that are the rubes that voted "for" you and not the ones that voted against the other guy.

Nah, the "rubes" aren't buying it either.  They'll deny it, but they know better.  Trump was one of the least qualified, most divisive, candidates in history and he pulled off a victory, winning states that haven't gone GOP in several elections.  Hillary blew it, and if you'll all recall, I called her as the next POTUS not long after Obama's election.  Bfine and I argued about that claim for some time.

I think her statement that we should "look into" Australian style confiscation was a huge factor as well.  Several Dems warned her against this, but Hillary knew better.
(05-02-2017, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess we just have different thresholds for accepting responsibility.

WTS, not sure I can blame her. You are sure and everybody has told you that you are going to be a figure that goes down in history for generations. Centuries after you are gone folks will read about you in history books. Then you lose it and still have folks that don't know how it works saying you should have won because you got more votes.

Can you imagine losing all of that and then realizing that you lost to a President that many loathe? Hell, I'd say it's not my fault too.

The same folks who worked so hard to remove the Pledge of Allegiance from schools. Not that I care too much about keeping it, but even in the pledge it says "...United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands..."

If they weren't so busy fighting it, maybe they would have actually looked at the words and learned how the government works. Instead we have people in ignorance thinking we're a pure democracy. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Hillary is so "responsible."
(05-03-2017, 08:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: She sure is "responsible."

FTFY
(05-03-2017, 08:51 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: FTFY

Thanks. Some people just can't let the election go and move on.
(05-02-2017, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess we just have different thresholds for accepting responsibility.

Merely going to the source rather than the interpretation of the article you cherry picked from.

Doesn't mean I think she was indeed taking full responsibility.

FWIW You can take responsibility for your part AND talk about what the other guy did too.

Example: "I dropped the game winning TD...that's entirely my fault.  But the other team also was offsides and had a touchdown called on the field that should have been overturned to put us in that spot."

Frankly if I was in Clinton's place I'd just be laughing at the rubes who bought the snake oil Trump sold them.

(05-02-2017, 10:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: "I was the candidate and take the blame for the loss, but I wouldn't have lost if other people hadn't done x, y and z".

Your support for such blatantly two faced statements was eminently predictable.

As is your personal attack.

Explanation above.

Have a great day!
Yeah I saw this when I got home yesterday. It was really cringe worthy, especially when she said "I am back to being an activist citizen and part of the resistance". I felt like she couldn't wait to say that line. She probably thought it was just as good as "Trumped up trickle down economics". Somehow Hillary made herself even less likable with this interview, she should just really stop.

I find it funny how she claims "responsibility" but then her explanation for why she was responsible literally amounts to "I was responsible because I volunteered". What the hell??? That's not taking responsibility. There goes dishonest Hillary being all dishonest again. If you take notice of what she said,, you can see the deflection in here "responsibility" statement. Hillary used two "I" statements and ended with a "we" statement. She said I'm responsible because "I was the candidate and because I had my name on the ballot", but then instead of saying "I had shortfalls" she says "We had shortfalls".

What Hillary is doing here is she is basically saying "Well yeah.... I mean... I guess you can say I'm responsible in the sense that I had my name on the ballot and I'm the one who gave the speeches and appeared in the commercials, but really all the other stuff is my teams fault..... oh and don't forget Russia and Comey". She makes absolutely no effort to explain what she did wrong, just that she was responsible because she was the one who volunteered.

And speaking of Russia and Comey, I'm still waiting for Hillary to provide concrete evidence that millions of people were swayed to not vote for her because of Russia and Comey. Saying people were "swayed" is stupid when you have nothing to back up your claim. How many people were swayed? Ten? Thirty-five? Six-Hundred? And where were they swayed?
(05-03-2017, 09:33 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Saying people were "swayed" is stupid when you have nothing to back up your claim.

It is pretty stupid to try to steal Trump's schtick.
"I take responsibility... but I would have won if it weren't for the FBI and Wikileaks".

Dumb. I'm sure it sucks to get 3 million more votes and lose to a tool without any experience, but maybe not bring it up every other day like he does. Move on.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-03-2017, 09:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "I take responsibility... but I would have won if it weren't for the FBI and Wikileaks".

Dumb. I'm sure it sucks to get 3 million more votes and lose to a tool without any experience, but maybe not bring it up every other day like he does. Move on.

Except she's going to get asked about it all the time.

She can start to refuse to answer...but the questions will come the rest of her life.  Heck, it will be mentioned in her obituary and any memorials.  

Admittedly a bad answer by her, but she's not going to move on until everyone else does.
(05-03-2017, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Except she's going to get asked about it all the time.

She can start to refuse to answer...but the questions will come the rest of her life.  Heck, it will be mentioned in her obituary and any memorials.  

Admittedly a bad answer by her, but she's not going to move on until everyone else does.

She takes these speaking engagements knowing they can ask these questions, putting herself in a position where she gets to vent about the election without being the one to initiate it.

I'm sure there would be less interest in having her talk if she doesn't want to talk about the election, but she can choose whether or not the talks will involve the election or at least her discussing blame. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-03-2017, 10:03 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She takes these speaking engagements knowing they can ask these questions, putting herself in a position where she gets to vent about the election without being the one to initiate it.

I'm sure there would be less interest in having her talk if she doesn't want to talk about the election, but she can choose whether or not the talks will involve the election or at least her discussing blame. 

Sure she can choose not to talk.  But she gets paid well to talk.

No one has to listen.
(05-03-2017, 09:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: As is your personal attack.

Explanation above.

Have a great day!

I saw your explanation, it prompted my response.  Keep promoting that victim agenda though.
(05-03-2017, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Except she's going to get asked about it all the time.

Yeah but I feel she keeps getting asked about it because she hasn't actually owned up to anything. If Hillary would have just came out and said she screwed up and how, instead of bringing up the stuff about Wikileaks and the FBI there would be less for people to talk about.

The fact that she can't give a straight answer is what continues to beg the question. Saying "I'm responsible because I was the candidate" is just as good as avoiding the question entirely.