Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hills slams over 11 million American Citizens
(09-14-2016, 08:59 AM)McC Wrote: Most of those quotes are true.   Mexico is a mess.  So is Germany.  Britain does have a Muslim problem.  If it's true, how is it an insult?  

When the Dixie chicks said they were ashamed of George W Bush...that was true.  Why were they attacked for it?

If you see an obese man on the street and you walk up and tell him he has a fat ass...that is true.  Should he be insulted?

I truly believe the English language is too nuanced for Trump supporters.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-14-2016, 09:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: When the Dixie chicks said they were ashamed of George W Bush...that was true.  Why were they attacked for it?

If you see an obese man on the street and you walk up and tell him he has a fat ass...that is true.  Should he be insulted?

I truly believe the English language is too nuanced for Trump supporters.

You are just so passive aggressively insulting.  Too bad your girl will not get to fulfill her dream of being president that started in her crib.   And, to think, it will be a virus or bacteria that will do it.  Good luck coming to terms with that.  Here's hoping her replacement won't be pure evil.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(09-14-2016, 08:59 AM)McC Wrote: Most of those quotes are true.   Mexico is a mess.  So is Germany.  Britain does have a Muslim problem.  If it's true, how is it an insult?  

And what exactly is a Muslim problem? As in too many Muslims? Is there really such a thing? Would it be insulting to say America has too many Christians? Wouldn't the proper phrase be 'too many X for my tastes'?

I think Dino hit the nail on the head when he said the English language is too nuanced for some people to fully grasp.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(09-14-2016, 09:13 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And what exactly is a Muslim problem? As in too many Muslims? Is there really such a thing? Would it be insulting to say America has too many Christians? Wouldn't the proper phrase be 'too many X for my tastes'?

I think Dino hit the nail on the head when he said the English language is too nuanced for some people to fully grasp.

Considering America is a Christian nation, that argument is just so beside the point, I won't even bother with that one and your command of simple logic is just too convoluted to bother with. 

Really, this is just the liberal pattern.  If you can't refute the message, insult the messenger in passive aggressive ***** style.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(09-14-2016, 09:20 AM)McC Wrote: Considering America is a Christian nation, that argument is just so beside the point, I won't even bother with that one and your command of simple logic is just too convoluted to bother with. 

Really, this is just the liberal pattern.  If you can't refute the message, insult the messenger in passive aggressive ***** style.

Oh I forgot about that whole 'Christian Nation' thing. 

Except the whole separation of Church and State. See a Christian Nation would be called a Theocracy. America is a Democratic Republic.

So maybe check your own reasoning and logic before even attempting to insult someone else.

I also like your parting shot - painting yourself as some altruistic creature above insults after you just insulted someone. Classic Trump bullshit.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(09-14-2016, 09:09 AM)McC Wrote: You are just so passive aggressively insulting.  Too bad your girl will not get to fulfill her dream of being president that started in her crib.   And, to think, it will be a virus or bacteria that will do it.  Good luck coming to terms with that.  Here's hoping her replacement won't be pure evil.

One more try:

You said he spoke the "truth" so how can it be an insult.

I provided two (2) examples of the "truth" and asked if they should be considered insults.

I only spoke the "truth" that I truly believe the English language is too nuanced for Trump supporters.  By your own logic you should not consider that an insult.

Lastly, there is only one truly passive-aggressive poster on this board and he ain't no liberal.  However I will refrain from direct personal attacks.

Germany's problems are blown out of proportion by right-wing nationalists. Most Germans don't perceive all of the problems certain circles are claiming exist. They aren't happy with some of the policies, but the country is far from the mess that AfD and other right-wing nationalists outside of the country like to claim it is.

Britain's problems are also rooted in right-wing nationalism. Like, for example, the violence against Poles and other immigrants in the UK since Brexit. Citizens, born citizens of the UK that have been so for several generations that aren't white are facing more violence and vitriol in the UK than Muslims are producing.

But yeah, it's a Muslim problem.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-14-2016, 09:20 AM)McC Wrote: Considering America is a Christian nation, that argument is just so beside the point, I won't even bother with that one and your command of simple logic is just too convoluted to bother with. 

What is a Christian nation?
(09-14-2016, 08:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What is a Christian nation?

Vatican City ?
Brazil ?
Mexico ?
Philippines ?
Democratic Republic of the Congo ?

For one thing Trump is describing situations, you walking up to someone on the street and calling them fat, is a direct insult. Now if you said Obesity is a problem in the US, that same fat person most likely wouldn't be as offended.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-15-2016, 02:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: For one thing Trump is describing situations, you walking up to someone on the street and calling them fat, is a direct insult. Now if you said Obesity is a problem in the US, that same fat person most likely wouldn't be as offended.

Your last sentence is just PC mumbo jumbo.  Everyone is so afraid of hurting someone else's feelings now I can't call a fat person "fat" without people judging me for my language.  I gotta use words like "obese" to spare some fat ass' "feelings."  If a person is fat I should be able to "tell it like it is."
(09-15-2016, 02:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: For one thing Trump is describing situations, you walking up to someone on the street and calling them fat, is a direct insult. Now if you said Obesity is a problem in the US, that same fat person most likely wouldn't be as offended.

So if I walk up to a obese man and tell him that obesity is a Yuge problem in America...that's not an insult?
(09-15-2016, 03:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Your last sentence is just PC mumbo jumbo.  Everyone is so afraid of hurting someone else's feelings now I can't call a fat person "fat" without people judging me for my language.  I gotta use words like "obese" to spare some fat ass' "feelings."  If a person is fat I should be able to "tell it like it is."

(09-15-2016, 03:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: So if I walk up to a obese man and tell him that obesity is a Yuge problem in America...that's not an insult?

You don't have to say Obese, say fat for all I care. The point is that you were trying to compare two different situations and act like they are the same just because you are being "honest"
(09-15-2016, 04:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You don't have to say Obese, say fat for all I care. The point is that you were trying to compare two different situations and act like they are the same just because you are being "honest"

K.

How about if I explain the situation that he clearly eats way too much and is fat.  Is that an insult?

You can answer or keep "not defending Trump".
(09-15-2016, 05:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: K.

How about if I explain the situation that he clearly eats way too much and is fat.  Is that an insult?

You can answer or keep "not defending Trump".

Now you're just flat out trolling.

Comparing a Country to an Individual is not even remotely the same. I'm done with this part of the conversation.
(09-15-2016, 06:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Now you're just flat out trolling.

Comparing a Country to an Individual is not even remotely the same. I'm done with this part of the conversation.

Whoa mister!

You keep changing the definitions of how to insult people and now you want to take your ball and go home?

Stand you ground man!

At least cite the dictionary definition of insult before you stop!
(09-15-2016, 06:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Now you're just flat out trolling.

It's gone from an entire race, to a country, to an individual. All in a thread where Hills insulted over 11 million Americans. Open-minded folks are funny. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-15-2016, 07:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's gone from an entire race, to a country, to an individual. All in a thread where Hills insulted over 11 million Americans. Open-minded folks are funny. 

We're just trying to find out if anyone should/could be insulted by a sweeping generalization.

I was told that going to one person and telling them they are fat is different than telling an entire nation they are a mess...because individuals may not be insulted.

If only someone could post a dictionary definition of the word.... Mellow
If these people are adamant in their beliefs, why would it be an insult to call them what they are? Is there a preferred term for someone who thinks gay people do not deserve rights that they won't find insulting?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-15-2016, 09:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If these people are adamant in their beliefs, why would it be an insult to call them what they are? Is there a preferred term for someone who thinks gay people do not deserve rights  that they won't find insulting?

Republicans?