Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilton Roughing Penalty
Certainly wasnt the reason they lost(allowing a bajillion yards on defense was) but it certainly cemented the win for the jets
Reply/Quote
Funny part is the game still was not over. Our defense allowed them to do what they were doing all game which was get a first down
Reply/Quote
That call made me not want to watch football anymore. But I love the Bengals so I can't.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s not the reason we lost, but dang, I haven’t seen a call dictate the end of a game like that in a while. What a killer. Who knows what happens if we get the ball back there.

We know what happens if the Bengals get the ball back. All the “same old bengals” people on this board look like clowns.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:24 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: We know what happens if the Bengals get the ball back. All the “same old bengals” people on this board look like clowns.

I disagree.. Burrow gets the ball back with a minute or so and he drives to Tie or win this year
Bad call yes,,We were in that spot because our defense went vanilla and took plays off..
Lou needs to address the motivation of his players no matter the opponent or the score
It was a leaky D today
Hope its fixable
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:47 PM)Spider Wrote: I disagree.. Burrow gets the ball back with a minute or so and he drives to Tie or win this year
Bad call yes,,We were in that spot because our defense went vanilla and took plays off..
Lou needs to address the motivation of his players no matter the opponent or the score
It was a leaky D today
Hope its fixable

I mean Lou needs to look at himself as much as the players. All the Jets did was dump the ball off the majority of the game and he seemed to never adjust the defense to stop it. Seems like he decided to make sure they didn't hit any deep shots, which worked, but gave them dink and dunks all game. 
Reply/Quote
I'll just leave this here. Hopefully it links properly.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:47 PM)Spider Wrote: I disagree.. Burrow gets the ball back with a minute or so and he drives to Tie or win this year
It was a leaky D today
Hope its fixable

I get it. The game shouldn’t have come down to that call. We lost this game, period. I’m not taking anything alway from that. I’m just saying that the “fans” who packed it in early and gave up on the team would have looked like idiots if we got the ball back. I’m not saying that we deserved to win.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean Lou needs to look at himself as much as the players. All the Jets did was dump the ball off the majority of the game and he seemed to never adjust the defense to stop it. Seems like he decided to make sure they didn't hit any deep shots, which worked, but gave them dink and dunks all game. 

Agreed, this was a piss poor gameplan. And on the last play the defense should have stopped them twice, despite the shitty call. This was a game we deserved to lose. The question is can the team/coaches recover? I think the answer is yes. We’ll see against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
I think it actually balances out in the end. I remember that fumble at the end of the Vikings game being very questionable, and that call was the only reason we win that one.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:33 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I get it. The game shouldn’t have come down to that call. We lost this game, period. I’m not taking anything alway from that. I’m just saying that the “fans” who packed it in early and gave up on the team would have looked like idiots if we got the ball back. I’m not saying that we deserved to win.

Todays Defense reminded me of Marvin and companys defense every time they had a lead and were playing a team that they were  expected beat easily
Play not to lose.. But they seem to always do in these situations
Hoping we have the players to take the blame and learn from it
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:05 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Absolutely brutal call. Honestly I think refs should get fined when they make such aggregious calls. That said we never have should be in that position. I just hope this game was a fluke and the D shows up next week.

That's the way the game is called. It doesn't matter that the offensive player lowers his head while Hilton's trajectory doesn't change. It's been that way for years, and they got Reggie Nelson with it more than once.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Refs were dying to give the jets that game.
Reply/Quote
May not have been the reason we lost but it sure as hell was the reason we didn’t get another shot to win. Horrible freakin call. Horrible game all around. Just hope this game didn’t open the flood gates on how to beat our defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean Lou needs to look at himself as much as the players. All the Jets did was dump the ball off the majority of the game and he seemed to never adjust the defense to stop it. Seems like he decided to make sure they didn't hit any deep shots, which worked, but gave them dink and dunks all game. 

Yeah I forget when it happened but there was a 3rd and 11 and we blitzed and he just checked it down to the RB who went 15yds untouched and got the 1st. I think this team was a little too hyped by all the press and thought this game was already won. But the gameplan on defense was terrible. We should've been taking away the short stuff and dared them to beat us deep.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:52 PM)jason Wrote: That's the way the game is called. It doesn't matter that the offensive player lowers his head while Hilton's trajectory doesn't change. It's been that way for years, and they got Reggie Nelson with it more than once.

Except Hilton didn’t initiate contact. He basically received him. It is also illegal for the ball carrier to do it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 08:28 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'll just leave this here. Hopefully it links properly.

I can’t read everything, but that’s a joke. What an arrogant prick.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Burrow's INT cost us the game.
Reply/Quote
Man, looking at some of the officiating from around the league today...ouch!
Reply/Quote