Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hint on the offense
Just now Cameron Wolfe from NFL Network said he discussed with Zac a 01 personnel package with Hurst in the slot with Joe Mixon and Tyler Boyd on one side and Higgins and Chase on the other. If it’s second and 4 ( which with a better run game ) the opponent could easily be in their normal package. Cincy shifts Mixon to receiver. They aren’t going to be able to double team Chase unless they put a linebacker on Hurst. But regardless Joe has several guys who can beat one on one coverage. This might be where Hurst does damage.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Hurst is going to surprise people. As long as our O-Line is improved he's going to do damage.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 05:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just now Cameron Wolfe from NFL Network said he discussed with Zac a 01 personnel package with Hurst in the slot with Joe Mixon and Tyler Boyd on one side and Higgins and Chase on the other. If it’s second and 4 ( which with a better run game ) the opponent could easily be in their normal package. Cincy shifts Mixon to receiver. They aren’t going to be able to double team Chase unless they put a linebacker on Hurst. But regardless Joe has several guys who can beat one on one coverage. This might be where Hurst does damage.
I never thought about the potential of going five wide but that makes a lot of sense! 

The fact that we can do it without subbing in different personnel will be a nightmare for defenses!

ANY of those guys matched up with a linebacker will be a mismatch! Mixon won't be the biggest mismatch in running routes or making big catches but just getting him the ball in the open field against a backer would be very beneficial for us!
(08-07-2022, 09:25 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Hurst is going to surprise people.  As long as our O-Line is improved he's going to do damage.

I've said all along that he's very underrated and could do some damage this year.

Have him on Chase's side and the safety has to shadow Chase and a linebacker can't guard him up the seam and that's not to mention the other safety in the box to stop the run or leaving the other side of the field open with Higgins and Boyd!

He hasn't really been given a fair chance yet in his career.

He was kind of hurt his rookie year with the Ravens and then Mark Andrews was a surprisingly good player that was drafted after Hurst and then he was behind Pitts when he got traded to Atlanta, so I think he's going to have a BIG year for us.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 09:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I never thought about the potential of going five wide but that makes a lot of sense! 

The fact that we can do it without subbing in different personnel will be a nightmare for defenses!

ANY of those guys matched up with a linebacker will be a mismatch! Mixon won't be the biggest mismatch in running routes or making big catches but just getting him the ball in the open field against a backer would be very beneficial for us!

I've said all along that he's very underrated and could do some damage this year.

Have him on Chase's side and the safety has to shadow Chase and a linebacker can't guard him up the seam and that's not to mention the other safety in the box to stop the run or leaving the other side of the field open with Higgins and Boyd!

He was kind of hurt his rookie year with the Ravens and then Mark Andrews was a surprisingly good player that was drafted after Hurst and then he was behind Pitts when he got traded to Atlanta, so I think he's going to have a BIG year for us.

I was hinting at the advantage of going to the 5 receiver package w/o subbing. I think they do it a lot. Teams are going to struggle defending us this year
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 10:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I was hinting at the advantage of going to the 5 receiver package w/o subbing. I think they do it a lot. Teams are going to struggle defending us this year

I know....... I was agreeing lol

I'm not getting my hopes up because this team never seem to do what makes sense lol

I'm going to bring it up to Burrow or someone if I can get down to training camp because I almost always get one-on-one time with players.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 09:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I never thought about the potential of going five wide but that makes a lot of sense! 

We can only be effective running this set if we're running the ball well.  I know the thread is geared toward Hurst, but Mixon in the open field is the underutilized resource.  Screens with Cappa or Collins getting a full head of steam leads to Mixon getting mismatches.  Chase and Higgins are good blockers down field too.  The short passes to Mixon and Hurst will slowly bleed the defense leading to the occasional HR ball to Higgins or Chase.

Hurst will get plenty of PT and looks, but his run and pass blocking will be critical for this offense.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 12:52 AM)phil413 Wrote: We can only be effective running this set if we're running the ball well.  I know the thread is geared toward Hurst, but Mixon in the open field is the underutilized resource.  Screens with Cappa or Collins getting a full head of steam leads to Mixon getting mismatches.  Chase and Higgins are good blockers down field too.  The short passes to Mixon and Hurst will slowly bleed the defense leading to the occasional HR ball to Higgins or Chase.

Hurst will get plenty of PT and looks, but his run and pass blocking will be critical for this offense.  

Chris Evans could be used in this manner as well.  As far as Hurst goes, I can't wait to see him run the TE screen, but with Cappa and Collins leading the way.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote