Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hip Drop Tackle banned
look for an uptick in 15 yard penalties next season. It will take a while for the defensive players to make this change and just as longif not longer for referees to be able to call it consistantly

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This happens after the NFLPA said not to ban hip drop tackles lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Phantom hip drop flag agains the Bengals in a huge moment for the season incoming.
Reply/Quote
This is bullshit. Even Mark Andrews would say so.

Logan Wilson getting punished along with all defenders, just bogus man.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is bullshit. Even Mark Andrews would say so.

Logan Wilson getting punished along with all defenders, just bogus man.

Just another step closer to two-hand touch..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What are we suppose to use man Harsh Language?
Reply/Quote
I just hope this doesn't turn into one of those penalties that gets ignored most of the game and then suddenly starts getting called during important moments toward the end of the game.

I am not a football player so I'm not sure how a defender is supposed to tackle a player from behind without somewhat doing what is described as a hip drop. Especially a smaller player tackling a larger one. Jump on their back and hope for the best I guess? Then next year they will ban the piggyback tackle. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Well that's a disaster hahaha.

We'll probably lose a game because of some nonsense penalty on Wilson late in the game, but we'll never benefit from this penalty.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just hope this doesn't turn into one of those penalties that gets ignored most of the game and then suddenly starts getting called during important moments toward the end of the game.

I am not a football player so I'm not sure how a defender is supposed to tackle a player from behind without somewhat doing what is described as a hip drop.  Especially a smaller player tackling a larger one.  Jump on their back and hope for the best I guess?  Then next year they will ban the piggyback tackle.   Tongue

Say goodbye to Knees
Reply/Quote
John Harbaugh must have been really pushing for this, sumbitch. Whatever
Reply/Quote
On a good note, the proposition for being awarded a 3rd challenge after getting only 1 of the first 2 correct was passed. (no 4th challenge for getting all 3 correct)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On a good note, the proposition for being awarded a 3rd challenge after getting only 1 of the first 2 correct was passed. (no 4th challenge for getting all 3 correct)

Should be able to challenge till you get 2 wrong....   cause if you are getting that many right how much more are the refs missing
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just hope this doesn't turn into one of those penalties that gets ignored most of the game and then suddenly starts getting called during important moments toward the end of the game.

I am not a football player so I'm not sure how a defender is supposed to tackle a player from behind without somewhat doing what is described as a hip drop.  Especially a smaller player tackling a larger one.  Jump on their back and hope for the best I guess?  Then next year they will ban the piggyback tackle.   Tongue

Instead of Hip drop defenders now will play through the ball carrier and roll coming off the other side. It will look closer to a front shoulder roll tackle which won't solve the issue but will allow more yards. Could also cause more defensive head and shoulder injuries. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This is pretty bad for football.

I imagine there will be more injuries because players will have to target offensive players lower--so more ankle and knee injuries.

It's honestly getting to the point where two hand touch or flags would make it so you can actually play defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 06:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Instead of Hip drop defenders now will play through the ball carrier and roll coming off the other side. It will look closer to a front shoulder roll tackle which won't solve the issue but will allow more yards. Could also cause more defensive head and shoulder injuries. 

If you are chasing down an offensive player, it’s going to be hard to get enough momentum to “play through” to the other side. This play really is only about open field tackling while chasing down a ball carrier. Considering that most skill players are already really fast, I don’t see your solution as a realistic option. But I could be missing your point a bit.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 12:03 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: If you are chasing down an offensive player, it’s going to be hard to get enough momentum to “play through” to the other side.  This play really is only about open field tackling while chasing down a ball carrier.  Considering that most skill players are already really fast, I don’t see your solution as a realistic option.  But I could be missing your point a bit.

Hip drop tackles came from angles not directly behind. 

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 05:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Hip drop tackles came from angles not directly behind. 

Which should be completely legal, it is pretty much saying you cannot use your weight to bring a player down.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just another step closer to two-hand touch..  Ninja

I believe it will eventually turn into basically that, before it's over.
Reply/Quote