Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History. Most underrated Bengal....among Bengal fans
(01-29-2016, 05:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thank you, Shake! For once, I WASN'T the first guy to mention him, lol Wink. Still, IMO, the best all-around TE this team has ever had. When all is said and done though, Eifert probably takes that title.

As for Copeland, that's also me; superb run defender, a better Robert Geathers than Robert Geathers himself. Also believe he was the last (first too?) Alabama defender that started for us, aside from Dre.

Agree as well with the above; Mack is awesome in video games at safety, too.

Anyone remember my first sig? It had:

Copeland
McGee
Wilkinson
Francis
Tovar

That's a who's who of underrated/underappreciated players.

I'm surprised to see no mention of Artrell Hawkins here, Truck.

Which reminds me, I need to go get some toast.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
John Thornton
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 05:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He was one of the few dependable Bengals. Always in position. always doing his job. 

He would have been great if he had any support. 

That was key, there weren't many dependable in those days.

(01-28-2016, 05:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I never understood why we let him go after the 06 season.

(01-28-2016, 06:27 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't either

I think he was hurt?  If not, I don't see why either.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: John Thornton

Good one....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dalton is definitely underrated. Even after the season he had this year, people were calling for McCarron to be the starter and to trade Dalton to let McCarron stay the starter.

Dalton just cannot win with a lot of fans and it's really sad.
Reply/Quote
Dhani Jones seemed under-appreciated to me, if not under-rated. At or near the the top in tackles, smart and articulate, plus had to be a good locker room guy in setting a good example for the rookies.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 07:20 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Dhani Jones seemed under-appreciated to me, if not under-rated. At or near the the top in tackles, smart and articulate, plus had to be a good locker room guy in setting a good example for the rookies.

He tackled.

I don't always think of "meh"...  but when I do, it's usually Dhani Jones.

Nobody really said he sucked. 

He just wasn't much of an aggressive play-maker.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Willie Anderson. Really good OL who suffered on some terrible teams. Very loyal guy too.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 07:20 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Dhani Jones seemed under-appreciated to me, if not under-rated. At or near the the top in tackles, smart and articulate, plus had to be a good locker room guy in setting a good example for the rookies.

Agreed with Rocker. No one thought he was bad. He was just...there. He'd make the tackle when the play got to him but wasn't exactly out there making plays. 

(01-29-2016, 09:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: Willie Anderson. Really good OL who suffered on some terrible teams. Very loyal guy too.

Shame the teams he played on were so bad. He's a HOF caliber RT
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 02:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Agreed with Rocker. No one thought he was bad. He was just...there. He'd make the tackle when the play got to him but wasn't exactly out there making plays. 

Shame the teams he played on were so bad. He's a HOF caliber RT
Yeah. Dhani was ok here. I think he was better than most people expected him to be. Sadly, he is what? The 3rd best LB of the Marvin Lewis era?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 09:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: Willie Anderson. Really good OL who suffered on some terrible teams. Very loyal guy too.

Willie Anderson is possibly the 2nd best tackle we've ever had.

Only had 4 Pro Bowls, but was a 3x All Pro. Underrated by both the Bengals and the league for sure.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 04:25 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. Dhani was ok here. I think he was better than most people expected him to be. Sadly, he is what? The 3rd best LB of the Marvin Lewis era?

Nah. He's Thomas Howard...no one would say that about him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 07:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Nah. He's Thomas Howard...no one would say that about him. 

Another guy I almost mentioned. I thought we'd found a diamond in the rough with that guy. It sucked when he got injured, and then just 2 years later the guy was dead. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 07:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Nah. He's Thomas Howard...no one would say that about him. 
Oh yeah...  I forgot about Howard.  He was nice in 2011.  I've always wondered how long Burfict would have sat behind Howard on the depth chart had he not gotten hurt.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Kenny Anderson he should be in the HOF
Reply/Quote
TO/1 year - G:14/Rec:72/Yds:983/Avg:13.7/YdsG:70.2/Lng:78/Td:9/20+:15/40+:3/1stD:47/fum:0

Yet everyone hates/blames him because he is TO.

Reply/Quote
Max Montoya comes to mind.  He was overshadowed by playing on the same line as Munoz, but the guy would probably be a HOF candidate had the Bengals been a better team during his career.  I say that because I don't believe for a minute that Russ Grimm, himself a HOF'er, was any better than Montoya was.
Reply/Quote
I have only been following the team since around 2008, but someone who I always liked, and wondered where he disappeared to was Chinedum Ndukwe. Not saying he is the most underrated Bengal, probably more a forgotten talent.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2016, 04:45 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Max Montoya comes to mind.  He was overshadowed by playing on the same line as Munoz, but the guy would probably be a HOF candidate had the Bengals been a better team during his career.  I say that because I don't believe for a minute that Russ Grimm, himself a HOF'er, was any better than Montoya was.

He played for the Bengals in the 88 SB. Then was lost to the Raiders in the first round of Plan B free agency. He played on some decent raider teams to. He was lost because the Bengals took his loyalty for granted and did not protect him. I think he was pretty much universally touted as a top G in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2016, 11:47 AM)Beaker Wrote: He played for the Bengals in the 88 SB. Then was lost to the Raiders in the first round of Plan B free agency. He played on some decent raider teams to. He was lost because the Bengals took his loyalty for granted and did not protect him. I think he was pretty much universally touted as a top G in the league.

Yes, Montoya started for the '81 team as well.
Reply/Quote