Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
History is about to repeat (almost)
(04-20-2019, 10:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: It'd be a storyline that would help the league sell a Bengals Superbowl appearance.

Now that fits right along with all the NFL league-wide conspiracy theories. Cue Brian Tuohy's entrance on the great Bengals entrance to greatness.. or something like that..

I'd be willing to bet hard currency that if the Bengals go to and win the super bowl every Squeeler fan and their uncles would be screaming C O N S P I R A C Y ! Investigate it and prove Mike Brown paid off Roger even if there's no evidence at all.. It would just have to be..just because.  and damned! I left out Browns fans in the conspiracy mongering game.. Ya think Browns fans would be on that bandwagon as well? After all, they've won the off season super bowl already. It just wouldn't be fair now would it?  I'm already preparing to feel sorry for Browns fans by proxy..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 02:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, yeah Kittle, watched him once last year and he caught a pass and went for like a 70 yard TD. Dude is big, fast with great hands.

Could be the next great TE to compete with Kelce.

BTW, wouldn't mind it if we took Hoch at 11 if we could get an OT like Tytus Howard or Sharping late along with a LB like Mack Wilson, Germaine Pratt or David Long Jr. Hochenson is a rare talent that could change games and he is a great blocker that would help the O-line.

I have no idea how good we will be, but i will say that i believe that we needed a coaching change badly and who knows how our players will respond after having such a stale ass staff for all these years that couldn't motivate a rabbit to jump.
Make no mistake, I'm probably as excited about a new coaching staff as anyone! I'm just thinking they'll have growing pains as they develop, and it could take awhile. Still, beats watching "Groundhog Day" with Marvin year after year.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 10:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly what everyone would have said before the '81 season if anyone mentioned the Bengals going to the Super Bowl after just winning 6 games and being on a three year losing streak.

Right, because no one would have realistically expected it or predicted it.  But you've now predicted it.  The universe does not like when a mere mortal out guesses it.  If you try, it reverses course just to prove you wrong (unless you predict something good won't happen, like you won't win the lottery or get buried in a sudden naked cheerleader avalanche.  Then it ignores you just to **** with you).

Translation: you robbed us of a SB appearance next February Sad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 12:52 PM)Benton Wrote: I can see the headline:
Third time a charm for Bengals

I can also see the subhead:
Cincinnati wins in dirtiest SB ever

is Pittsburgh hosting the SB?
Reply/Quote