Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(02-02-2020, 06:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not only does Burrow have a really quick release, he’s great at avoiding pressure, and making plays on the run.

A quick release is great, but if you stand there like a statue at the first hint of pressure it doesn’t let WR’s get open. Something we’ve had a TON of trouble with the last few years.

If Jonah works out that Burrow’s blindside, and up the middle covered with Hopkins. Just need to replace Hart, and see if Jordan can continue to develop. We’re never going to have 5 All Pros across the line, Burrow will have to make things happen himself at times.

Yep and Burrow doesn't panic like Dalton does. Shit, Dalton panics and scrambles out of the pocket even when plays DON'T
break down. It is in his head and evidently isn't something he can get out. Burrow is there mentally which is probably the 
biggest compliment you can give a QB. Let alone all his other intangibles he has to make him great.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 06:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Burrow knows a little something about being pressured, as he was pressured more than all but one SEC QB this year. Although people keep claiming that LSU had an unbelievable line and Burrow had all kinds of time, it simply isn't true. He was pressured and forced to go off script quite a bit...and his stats were unreal when doing so. 

Not only that, but when you look at his numbers versus zone and man, or being blitzed versus no blitz, etc. there's virtually no difference. It didn't matter the defense, the scheme, clean pocket, under pressure...it simply didn't matter. He adapted, adjusted and continued to dominate in every situation and circumstance.

Given all that, combined with his knowledge of the game, ability to read defenses and being able to create something out of nothing...I don't think he'll have the issues behind this line (whatever shape it takes) as some think. I actually think he could potentially make a line look better than it actually is.

Great post Holic. I see the same thing with Burrow and these are facts. Joe

(02-03-2020, 12:17 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I remember them having bad field position, and quite frankly nerves may have been an issue early on. I texted my buddy, who's an OU alum, and was driving the Joe Burrow to the Bengals bus as early as you were. I told him Burrow is throwing some ugly balls. His response... Your balls are ugly.

But yeah; he settled in nicely, and brought it against a defense full of NFL caliber players. I just watched a game where a mediocre QB couldn't get it done in crunch time. We can only hope we're a couple of years away from from our guy getting the job done.

LMAO
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 12:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yes but in all honesty they haven't been far off. Going to the playoffs 5 times in a row indicates to me this team can punch a ticket to the show. We are down on the franchise because of the last 3 years but 2010-2015 was a great run for us. 

I mean, we all try to blame Andy Dalton for our playoff woes, but then make it sound like it's the franchise that can't get it done.... which is it???

Who's this "we all" you refer to? I've watched enough of Mike Clown's shit show to know better than to blame it on one player.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 04:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who's this "we all" you refer to? I've watched enough of Mike Clown's shit show to know better than to blame it on one player.

Yeah, it has been coaching, Mike Clown, Tobin, Katie, Troy and the players to blame...

Lot of blame to go around on why we haven't won a Playoff game in forever.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 09:19 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: is jordan palmer the best trainer? lol

I bet he is at least 15 million cheaper than keeping Dalton to train him like a lot of people have suggested.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I can't see him sitting out a whole year.  And I can't see Mike Brown letting Carson Palmer dictate what happens to his team.  

If a broken Jonah can "sit out" a year, a healthy-er Burrow will be even better.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 09:19 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: is jordan palmer the best trainer? lol

Well, hopefully the guy we are about to anoint as our franchise savior isn't willingly hanging around with the brother of a Bengal-hater for any reason other than him being the best.  
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Love Housh, but he just needs to close his pie hole. Trading Burrow for 3 first round picks would be a terrible move.

I get that Bengals ownership is bad, but the "trade Burrow" talk is already beyond stale and was NEVER a good idea for the Bengals.

Lets face it, the media sees a potential star in Burrow, and they don't want him going to a place they rarely talk about.

But in the end, the move would make 0 sense from the Bengals'  perspective. It'd be akin to the Colts trading away Luck.

Agreed Shake.

Everyone wants to say if they offer enough draft picks you just have to go with it.

If he is as good as everyone (despite the 1 year wonder concern) thinks he is there aren't enough draft picks to bump me off of Burrow without the guarantee of getting a truly good to go Tagavaloa and just a crap load of picks.

And no one will be able to guarantee Tua's there when we make our new pick.

When you have the potential for a true franchise QB (not a dim wad like Akili Smith that everyone I talked to knew was unlikely to be good) you just pick him.   How the Bengals missed the tea leaves on him I'll never know.   But I'm pretty sure they're not going to blow this decision.  The really interesting thing will be how they go about building the team around him.   And I have no certainty about how they will do it.
Reply/Quote