Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmm..1st Round OT bust in Tenn.
(02-23-2021, 01:21 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: While he's leaning towards it, way too early to call him a bust. Like Bernard's Watch mentioned, I'd love a late round flyer on someone like him. Low risk, high reward that doesn't force you to put him on the field if he doesn't show in practice.

true... you get his 1st round contract though but its probably manageable....  

But it wont matter if hes an upgrade if we cant actually get him on the field
Reply/Quote
His 4 years i think is something like 11mil in total?

I guess you look at the background of his issues and whether its unrepairable or just a change of scenery needed. He may want to go somewhere where he can play.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 12:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: former 1st round bust.....    But im sure we can turn him around...

Like Deltha O'Neal, Cedric Benson, Reggie Nelson, and Adam Jones?

There is always a chance, but I would not bet on it.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 07:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The draft is a much bigger crap shoot than any "expert" wants to admit.  Even the best teams miss on high draft picks from time to time, and there are always a few players in the later rounds that were passed over by all 32 teams but outplay guys drafted much higher.

However, until last year the Bengals were on one of the worst string of first round busts ever.

All true. I also really liked Isaiah Wilson a lot in that Draft. 

I was wrong with both him and Hernandez. Really tough to predict how a player is going to play in the NFL...

The best players certainly don't always come out of the first round.
Reply/Quote
Isaiah Wilson is on the block according to reports. If the Bengals had a high grade on Wilson, they'd be fools not to pursue him- after due diligence of course. His problems apparently are off the field more so than on. It almost certainly wouldn't require a high draft pick to get him.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like Deltha O'Neal, Cedric Benson, Reggie Nelson, and Adam Jones?

There is always a chance, but I would not bet on it.

LOL.. this is such a Fred post.

Deltha O'Neal had a NINE interception Pro Bowl year with the Broncos.

Adam Jones had 4 INT/1 FF season with the Titans, same year he led the league with 3 punt return TDs. He got suspended, traded, and suspended again, but the Bengals didn't bring out his talent or anything, he just stopped getting into quite as much trouble.

Reggie Nelson had 5 INT/2 FF rookie season with the Jags. Then they changed DCs. Then they changed DCs again. 3 DCs in 3 years, progressively worse each time.

- - - - - - -
The Bengals didn't bring out the talent in any of those guys, they had already shown it before, none of those were Ogbuehis/Prices. The only one I could say truly had an unexpectedly great year out of those 4 was Benson in 2009. He also followed it up with a monster postseason game performance against the #1 defense in the NFL that year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 12:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: LOL.. this is such a Fred post.

Deltha O'Neal had a NINE interception Pro Bowl year with the Broncos.

Adam Jones had 4 INT/1 FF season with the Titans, same year he led the league with 3 punt return TDs. He got suspended, traded, and suspended again, but the Bengals didn't bring out his talent or anything, he just stopped getting into quite as much trouble.

Reggie Nelson had 5 INT/2 FF rookie season with the Jags. Then they changed DCs. Then they changed DCs again. 3 DCs in 3 years, progressively worse each time.

- - - - - - -
The Bengals didn't bring out the talent in any of those guys, they had already shown it before, none of those were Ogbuehis/Prices. The only one I could say truly had an unexpectedly great year out of those 4 was Benson in 2009. He also followed it up with a monster postseason game performance against the #1 defense in the NFL that year.

Plus Benson had the Jumbo Line that year to help him out.

The coaching has been the problem here for a long, long time. Not the players.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 08:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The coaching has been the problem here for a long, long time. Not the players.

Yeah right, That is why there is such a long list of players who failed here and became stars on other teams.  Like, um,  .  .  . er, .  .  .  Help me out here Nate.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah right, That is why there is such a long list of players who failed here and became stars on other teams.  Like, um,  .  .  . er, .  .  .  Help me out here Nate.

Lol, just cause they get no credit here doesn't mean they were bad players. You know . . . um Justin Smith er..... Whit . . .

We have had some very good players like say Evan Mathis... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Just gone to miami with a swap of 7s. Some say its good for us as it takes Sewell off their board
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 05:28 AM)Bernards watch Wrote: Just gone to miami with a swap of 7s. Some say its good for us as it takes Sewell off their board

It doesn't.
Reply/Quote