Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson Article on Chris Carter
(08-22-2015, 03:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: image052.jpg]

Looks like an interesting read! 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 05:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i liked what i saw even the plays he didnt get there he at least looked fast.

Im not sure who doesnt make the roster... to keep carter.  As would he be a LB or a DE.

If hes a DE then do we just got 3 DTs with guys like gilberry &Hardison able to slide inside (this assuming hardison is lsited as a DE)  but then theres that williams kid

I think with Burfict likely going to PUP, the one that doesn't make it is Flowers, assuming that was his closest roster candidate at LB.

I'm thinking:

Burfict (pup)
Maualuga
Hawk
Lamur
Dawson
Vinny Rey

and Carter.

They really, really need that unique skill set that our DEs don't have and none of the other LBs have either. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:37 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think with Burfict likely going to PUP, the one that doesn't make it is Flowers, assuming that was his closest roster candidate at LB.

I'm thinking:

Burfict (pup)
Maualuga
Hawk
Lamur
Dawson
Vinny Rey

and Carter.

They really, really need that unique skill set that our DEs don't have and none of the other LBs have either. 

Hawk making it over Flowers would be sad. 
Reply/Quote
He impressed me on Monday night. He is the speed rusher we have been looking for.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 01:31 AM)J24 Wrote: He impressed me on Monday night. He is the speed rusher we have been looking for.

Eh. He's a speed rusher...but it's been so long since we've had one that wasn't trash he's close enough
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 01:35 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Eh. He's a speed rusher...but it's been so long since we've had one that wasn't trash he's close enough

We're desperate for one.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 01:28 PM)J24 Wrote: We're desperate for one.

And it's self-inflicted desperation. 
Reply/Quote
Here is my deal with Carter. He can't make the team as a DE. And he can't take a roster spot at LB if he is not at least competent to play there in our scheme. With Burfict on PUP we are having trouble scraping together 3 decent starters.

Nothing wrong with a tweener if he can really play both positions.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is my deal with Carter.  He can't make the team as a DE.  And he can't take a roster spot at LB if he is not at least competent to play there in our scheme.    With Burfict on PUP we are having trouble scraping together 3 decent starters.

I don't care where he makes the team.  He gets to the QB.  Bengals linebackers last year had 0 sacks.. 
That is all I need to know.  Burfict, Dawson, and Carter with a Rey Rey sprinkle.  Hopefully, in time
this is what we will see.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is my deal with Carter.  He can't make the team as a DE.  And he can't take a roster spot at LB if he is not at least competent to play there in our scheme.    With Burfict on PUP we are having trouble scraping together 3 decent starters.

My feelings exactly. He looked great rushing the passer but suspect as a LB.
Reply/Quote