Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s
(05-23-2018, 05:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but to say you're glad that they are making mistakes is sure weird. Never seen Belichick glad his players are F'ing up. Lol
You've never seen Belichick say anything, period. The man is a master at saying nothing of substance. If one of his players screwed up and he was asked about it, his reply would simply be "We're on to the next practice snap" when pressed he'd reply "We're on to the next practice snap" and when further bothered by media his exasperated reply would be "WE'RE ON TO THE NEXT PRACTICE SNAP!!!". 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 01:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly Nate !

We need our game changers on the field as much as possible. It's not a staple of the offense where both backs are lined up in the backfield all the time, that's not what I mean. It's a wrinkle you throw in to get the playmakers on the field together !

You shift out of the two back set and send one in motion or to the slot then motion him back across the backfield or whatever.

Hewitt and Kroft and whoever else should see time as well but they're not the game breakers Gio and Mixon are !

Yes it is just a way to get all of our gamebreakers on the field at the same time while being unpredictable.

Don't have to do it all game, it is not a staple we are talking about, it is a wrinkle. Very well said. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 05:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: Bengal fans deserve to have a "Perfect Storm" of good things finally happen and I hope 2018 will be that year.

Lots of positive signs this offseason...

Don't you mean a BURFICT storm?! Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I get the skepticism with off-season puff pieces, but it's undeniable that Ross is in a better position than he was at this time last year.

We'll see if a year's worth of playbook immersion and a full off-season to train and get healthy will put him in position to make an impact in year two.

Don't forget that WR's often take a season to get acclimated (see MLJ, Sanu, Chad, Housh, etc), and Ross was dealing with injury on top of that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 02:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get the skepticism with off-season puff pieces, but it's undeniable that Ross is in a better position than he was at this time last year.

We'll see if a year's worth of playbook immersion and a full off-season to train and get healthy will put him in position to make an impact in year two.

Don't forget that WR's often take a season to get acclimated (see MLJ, Sanu, Chad, Housh, etc), and Ross was dealing with injury on top of that.

The other 1st round picks from Ross' Draft class have not done much to date either.  Corey Davis & Mike Williams.

Hopefully Ross can be the one out of these three that starts making some noise in 2018.

At least one of these 3 guys should start to emerge.

Would be nice if it's Ross...
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You said it Xeno, plus having a decent O-line that gives Dalton some time and a running game with the talented
Mixon/Gio duo could really open it all up and it could be better than 2015. Think it will take some time with the
new coaches and youth but it certainly could happen. Eifert says he feels better than ever too which honestly kind
of surprised me after two back surgeries.

Ross is that crazy speed that can really open it up. Him just being on the field should make opposing Defenses a
little uncomfortable. He just needs to gain that confidence and that sounds exactly what is happening right now.

Really tough for a rookie WR to come in injured after not playing any OTA's and not much of TC and succeeding.

Hardly every happens. Working with Housh and now having AJ and Lafell mentoring him is all huge. The good
news just keeps coming this Offseason, loving it.

I Wish i were still able to be optimistic like this.
Reply/Quote