Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobson Gets Red Pilled
(05-04-2018, 11:27 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Hobson is what he is: a paid shill by the Bengals.  He now acts like he was calling out Alexander and other coaches during last year's terrible start...I can't recall a single article where he's ever come close to questioning a Bengals' coach or player.  They could lose 70-0 to Cleveland and he'd write an article about the 2nd team defense getting great reps and holding Cleveland under 80.

Yo you calling it cat!

He's all like Zampese has a great offense. Paul A creates great lineman.

Then, they fire them and it's the lazer show! And Pollack will be making the bench guys great!

He always be acting like what's happening now iz great.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 07:22 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Mike Brown isnt going to let his staff writer trash a coach while they're currently employed by the team, no matter how incompetent they are. Everyone knew Paul Alexander was doing a trash job, Ogbeuhi and Fisher his picks, and his unwaivering faith in Bodine were ultimately his undoing.

Yeah exactly. Does anyone remember what happened to Andy Furman when he got on Houshmanzadeh for being late to his show? He was on the next plane back to New York. I dont even know if Mike Brown has pull over 700 WLW but it sure seems like it.
Reply/Quote
To break it down for you cats...

If the Bengalz owned a chia seed farm, Hobs would be like chia seeds are great. Then if the Bengalz burned the chia seed farm for insurance money$ and bought a flax seed farm, he's be like chia seeds suck but flax seeds are great.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 01:21 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: To break it down for you cats...

If the Bengalz owned a chia seed farm, Hobs would be like chia seeds are great. Then if the Bengalz burned the chia seed farm for insurance money$ and bought a flax seed farm, he's be like chia seeds suck but flax seeds are great.

Are you even speaking English?? Say What
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 01:21 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: To break it down for you cats...

That's what PR guys do.... you know...
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 07:12 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: At least he didn't get blue pilled, for Mrs hobspin's sake

Marvin Lewis has to change the way he coaches or we go nowhere. This season will be on him.If he starts that conserveative crap and slows down the game or if there is a minute on the clock before halftime and our offence has the ball and he tells them to neal down and run out the clock I hope the entire stadium boos his ass all second half.Thrown the ball to your wide receivers or tight ends and lets score you moron.Please fans,boo his butt all game.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 03:44 PM)Shady Wrote: I just saw this and OMG, what the hell is going on with Hobson, Gio, and all the outing of how bad Paul Alexander sucked? 

Shocked
No Shite.

Or maybe he's just stroking Pollack. LOL

Sure is saying something when even Hobspin is right and isn't spinning.

Coaching was what needed to be improved more than anything.

Wouldn't of happened with that shit culture that was going on with PA.

Wouldn't of brought in Glenn or Price if we still had PA here IMO.

He lives in some fantasy world where he thinks he can coach up any scrub even though the only ones he ever
had success with were polished. Dude was baffled by his own brilliance, the Cowboys have a great line but if
one or two of those guys gets injured they will know what we have known for awhile.

Dude is inept.

What is so nice is that clearly, Pollack is not. Lazor rules, this guy helped this team immensely overruling that
turd.
Reply/Quote
The cowboys used to be my favorite team as a kid haha and I'm glad it was fun collecting the cards and magazines and everything of a dynasty. But then the big 3 left and I grew up and didn't like anything about Dallas or the cowboys. And started to love the home team in 2001. So i don't hate them I just think it's weird they've sucked for so long. Now I hate the Steelers and the pats. I can't stand a team that always wins and gets helped by the refs cause they are NFL money makers.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 11:22 AM)Beaker Wrote: What does getting red pilled mean?

It’s from The Matrix. The red pill represents truth, knowledge, etc. The blue pill was blissful ignorance, illusion, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 01:20 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah exactly. Does anyone remember what happened to Andy Furman when he got on Houshmanzadeh for being late to his show? He was on the next plane back to New York. I dont even know if Mike Brown has pull over 700 WLW but it sure seems like it.

I think Andy was canned for calling Houshmanzadeh a racist...
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure is saying something when even Hobspin is right and isn't spinning.

Coaching was what needed to be improved more than anything.

Wouldn't of happened with that shit culture that was going on with PA.

Wouldn't of brought in Glenn or Price if we still had PA here IMO.

He lives in some fantasy world where he thinks he can coach up any scrub even though the only ones he ever
had success with were polished. Dude was baffled by his own brilliance, the Cowboys have a great line but if
one or two of those guys gets injured they will know what we have known for awhile.

Dude is inept.

What is so nice is that clearly, Pollack is not. Lazor rules, this guy helped this team immensely overruling that
turd.

I found it interesting that Lazor even pulled back the curtain a little bit on the "conflict" with Alexander, stating something to the effect of "We need to be able to disagree about things without being too emotional".  I have no idea what to expect of Austin, and the defense seems to go as Burfict goes....but Lazor is the key to 2018.  Can he be the attacking, high-energy offensive mind we need or will he look like he did against Chicago?  

I am sure hoping for the former, but at least the early returns in the rushing attack are quite positive.  
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, it's kinda looking like Mr. Loyal to a Fault, sitting in the big chair, got voted down on keeping PA around any longer.

Sad that it took this long. PA has been a detriment for years. It just wasn't quite as obvious up til 2 years ago. Nobody cares when the run game sucks (they should), but when the QB starts getting the snot knocked out of him, then something needs to be done. 

(05-03-2018, 06:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: More proof that even the most obvious changes take forever to make here in Cincinnati. Gaah

As happy as I am, it's also frustrating to know obvious changes take forever.
(05-04-2018, 07:22 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Mike Brown isnt going to let his staff writer trash a coach while they're currently employed by the team, no matter how incompetent they are. Everyone knew Paul Alexander was doing a trash job, Ogbeuhi and Fisher his picks, and his unwaivering faith in Bodine were ultimately his undoing.

Must have felt nice for Hobs to finally unleash his true feelings on PA. Probably why he went overboard.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes things suck and nobody seems to realize they suck until they don't. Long distance phone calls were like that for years until one day Sprint came along and upset that ATT monopoly. (I still don't like sprint as a carrier ,but it did change the long distance game) 
In the case of the Bengals many people wanted PA gone, but ol Mikey was still happy paying for long distance calls with him.  Perhaps , although I'm not betting my life on it, there is now a reckoning where coaches who cannot perform will be shown the door and as much as it pains me to say it there is the possibility that Marvin has been held back all these years with the anchor that was PA..  Only time will tell with the changes and  maybe if the team still doesn't perform Marvin will be shown the door.. 
Personally I'm kind of hoping it's been PA all along and Marvin gets to bring a championship to Cincinnati, but I'm very open to the idea that Marvin is never going to cut it.. With the abundance of nepotism in the league I wouldn't be shocked to learn in a few years about Marcus Lewis's son working as a coach on the team . Hell, his great grandchildren will probably be with the team eventually . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Quote:Must have felt nice for Hobs to finally unleash his true feelings on PA. 
Nah, Hobson probably cried while writing it. I still haven't seen nor heard anyone saying PA SUCKED from the Bengals organization.. The only thing we've heard is he's a fine coach and he'll be missed, but it was time to change things . Someone would have to have their tongue ripped out before they ever said anything bad publicly about any former long time associate..  What I'm wondering is just exactly was the brain trust in Dallas thinking . "Here! Let's move down 23 notches and be worse than the Bengals for a few decades!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 07:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I found it interesting that Lazor even pulled back the curtain a little bit on the "conflict" with Alexander, stating something to the effect of "We need to be able to disagree about things without being too emotional".  I have no idea what to expect of Austin, and the defense seems to go as Burfict goes....but Lazor is the key to 2018.  Can he be the attacking, high-energy offensive mind we need or will he look like he did against Chicago?  

I am sure hoping for the former, but at least the early returns in the rushing attack are quite positive.  

For sure and i really like how Lazor and Pollack seem to get along. Seems like great chemistry.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure and i really like how Lazor and Pollack seem to get along. Seems like great chemistry.

Chemistry and synchronicity among the coaches is a good thing to have, especially if there previously was disagreement, tension and hurt feelings in the room.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 02:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Chemistry and synchronicity among the coaches is a good thing to have, especially if there previously was disagreement, tension and hurt feelings in the room.

PA can go cry in Dallas for all i care. Cry

Lol, just absolutely love having Pollack here, everyone says he is intense, everyone.

Lazor has a great guy to work with, your Offense can only go as far as the O-line can take you honestly.

Gotta give Lazor a pass for last year with Zamp's shitty frankenstein scheme and that shitty O-line.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: PA can go cry in Dallas for all i care. Cry

Lol, just absolutely love having Pollack here, everyone says he is intense, everyone.

Lazor has a great guy to work with, your Offense can only go as far as the O-line can take you honestly.

Gotta give Lazor a pass for last year with Zamp's shitty frankenstein scheme and that shitty O-line.

I've been wondering about how much of a role Zampese played in last year's debacle vs. Alexander.  I'd heard that the organization had Zamp on a short leash after the 2016 season (heard Dehner say as much on the radio), so they were probably ready for him to be the first sacrificial lamb.  

Funny thing is, I was listening to one of the national ESPN guys talk about how Cleveland had a guy (Zampese) who "knows how to coach quarterbacks".  Maybe he does and was just out of his depth with the OC role, but I found it odd to hear him mentioned as a strength for a team.  His offense was an unmitigated disaster while he was OC.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gotta give Lazor a pass for last year with Zamp's shitty frankenstein scheme and that shitty O-line.

Yeah I gotta agree. No way he was coming in here and changing things overnight. He was just trying to turn failing crap into functional crap. Not really much can be put on his shoulders. He inherited shit!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 02:45 PM)samhain Wrote: I've been wondering about how much of a role Zampese played in last year's debacle vs. Alexander.  I'd heard that the organization had Zamp on a short leash after the 2016 season (heard Dehner say as much on the radio), so they were probably ready for him to be the first sacrificial lamb.  

Funny thing is, I was listening to one of the national ESPN guys talk about how Cleveland had a guy (Zampese) who "knows how to coach quarterbacks".  Maybe he does and was just out of his depth with the OC role, but I found it odd to hear him mentioned as a strength for a team.  His offense was an unmitigated disaster while he was OC.

It was both Zamp and PA. Thats what i meant by frankenstein scheme, cause according to Lazor and Dalton it
was a mix of Jay's and Hue's scheme and it was growing stale. Zamp just didn't have the Offensive mind i guess
to create his own playbook. Lazor certainly has the mind to do so which is awesome and now doesn't have an
O-line coach that will sabotage his Offense.

Also about Zamp knowing how to coach up QB's, i never liked how his QB's threw so many pick 6's.

Hopefully the same thing happens with Mayfield when he is playing us lol.

Good to hear from you again BTW Samhain. Cool

(05-05-2018, 02:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah I gotta agree. No way he was coming in here and changing things overnight. He was just trying to turn failing crap into functional crap. Not really much can be put on his shoulders. He inherited shit!

True that Harley, it takes time to come out of that shit.

Was honestly impressed with his Offense the last 6 games except for the Bears debacle where it seemed the entire
team quit on Marv. But the running game was just totally different and we could actually see what we had in Mixon
a bit when he was not injured. Expecting a monster year out of this man once the O-line starts gelling.
Reply/Quote