Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobson Gets Red Pilled
(05-05-2018, 04:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also about Zamp knowing how to coach up QB's, i never liked how his QB's threw so many pick 6's.

Once a QB throws a pick I don't think there is any coaching technique that will control how far it is returned.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: PA can go cry in Dallas for all i care. Cry

Lol, just absolutely love having Pollack here, everyone says he is intense, everyone.

Lazor has a great guy to work with, your Offense can only go as far as the O-line can take you honestly.

Gotta give Lazor a pass for last year with Zamp's shitty frankenstein scheme and that shitty O-line.

Yeah, PA will not be given decades to develop a strong line in Dallas.  With Zeke and that line, he will be given a short rope compared to the "wait til next year" fight song of Cincinnati.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 07:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, PA will not be given decades to develop a strong line in Dallas.  With Zeke and that line, he will be given a short rope compared to the "wait til next year" fight song of Cincinnati.  

He will be lucky to make it through the season. J.J. Has a very low tolerance for losing.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 08:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He will be lucky to make it through the season. J.J. Has a very low tolerance for losing.

Except Jason Garrett is still a coach... Hilarious

But compared to Deadpool Marvin, you are absolutely right.  
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Except Jason Garrett is still a coach... Hilarious

But compared to Deadpool Marvin, you are absolutely right.  

Several years ago, I would've agreed about Garrett, but the guy has been to the divisional round of the playoffs twice in the last 4 years.

Something Marv has failed to do once in 15 years on the job.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 11:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Several years ago, I would've agreed about Garrett, but the guy has been to the divisional round of the playoffs twice in the last 4 years.

Something Marv has failed to do once in 15 years on the job.

Look at it this way.  Marv has went through 4 or 5 coordinators on each side of the ball, a couple sets of position coaches, and about 3 roster rebuilds.  If he can't lead them to victory this time?  No one else that the blame could even remotely fall upon. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 11:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote:   No one else that the blame could even remotely fall upon. 

Mike Browns record with Marvin Lewis as HC......  .527 win%, 5 losing season in 15 years, 7 playoffs
Mike Brown record with all other head coaches...  .286 win%, 11 losing season in 12 years, 0 playoffs
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 11:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Browns record with Marvin Lewis as HC......  .527 win%, 5 losing season in 15 years, 7 playoffs
Mike Brown record with all other head coaches...  .286 win%, 11 losing season in 12 years, 0 playoffs

Neither is very good.  However, I don't expect Mike Brown to relieve himself of duty any time soon.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 12:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Neither is very good. 

Despite being handicapped by the worst owner in the league Marvin has a winning record against other NFL coaches.

Marvin is a good head coach.  The question is "Is he good enough to win a playoff game under Mike Brown?"
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite being handicapped by the worst owner in the league Marvin has a winning record against other NFL coaches.

Marvin is a good head coach.  The question is "Is he good enough to win a playoff game under Mike Brown?"

We've been down this road so many times, but again - when Marv has had enough talent to make the playoffs 7 times, have a home playoff game 4 times and get double-digit wins in regular season 6 times, he should have some playoff wins mixed in their somewhere.

That particular issue is more on Marv. The primetime struggles seem related IMO. I do think Marv would have more playoff appearances if not for Mike's often frugal and conservative ways in the off-season, but if you're good enough to kick tail all season, you shouldn't be getting embarrassed in playoff games. Something is wrong there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There's always the fallback position that the league is rigged and somewhere along the way the Mikester decided to accept riches and team ownership in exchange for never winning a playoff game. 
Yeah , I know .. It's impossible to rig the league except when it's rigged.  I like certain conspiracy theories. It makes losing easier to digest ..
We can always celebrate having the most corrupt team owner . Yey us.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 01:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We've been down this road so many times, but again - when Marv has had enough talent to make the playoffs 7 times, have a home playoff game 4 times and get double-digit wins in regular season 6 times, he should have some playoff wins mixed in their somewhere.

That particular issue is more on Marv. The primetime struggles seem related IMO. I do think Marv would have more playoff appearances if not for Mike's often frugal and conservative ways in the off-season, but if you're good enough to kick tail all season, you shouldn't be getting embarrassed in playoff games. Something is wrong there.

agreed...thinks getting rid of mike browns adopted son and field spy..alexander ..the hiring of two new coaches  might help
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 01:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: There's always the fallback position that the league is rigged and somewhere along the way the Mikester decided to accept riches and team ownership in exchange for never winning a playoff game. 
Yeah , I know .. It's impossible to rig the league except when it's rigged.  I like certain conspiracy theories. It makes losing easier to digest ..
We can always celebrate having the most corrupt team owner . Yey us.. 

When we win a SB, it will be like a 90lb chick in the audience at a MMA main event on menopause jumping in the ring and defeating Brock Lesnar to death with a high heeled shoe with one hand and holding Conor McGregor in a death choke hold with the other. 

Specfriggentacular.  ThumbsUp

At least for me anyway. I get tired of feeling like I'm rooting for the Washington Generals at a Harlem Globetrotters game.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 02:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When we win a SB, it will be like a 90lb chick in the audience at a MMA main event on menopause jumping in the ring and defeating Brock Lesnar to death with a high heeled shoe with one hand and holding Conor McGregor in a death choke hold with the other. 

Specfriggentacular.  ThumbsUp

At least for me anyway. I get tired of feeling like I'm rooting for the Washington Generals at a Harlem Globetrotters game.
I used to root for the Generals then one day I realized I'm a Bengals fan.. We already had our own Generals team .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 11:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Look at it this way.  Marv has went through 4 or 5 coordinators on each side of the ball, a couple sets of position coaches, and about 3 roster rebuilds.  If he can't lead them to victory this time?  No one else that the blame could even remotely fall upon. 

I'm less sold on Lazor than the rest of the forum.

I do like Austin though. Wasn't a big fan of Paulie G.

You speak da truth on Marv though!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 02:48 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: I'm less sold on Lazor than the rest of the forum.

I think Lazor will surprise you after he's had the chance to make it his offense. Last year he was dealt a shit hand and did the best he could with it. He's in charge now and this will be his offense. 

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 02:48 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: I'm less sold on Lazor than the rest of the forum.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  He took over a really bad situation and did what he could to make the most of it.  Seems to me that when he seized Rushing Game Coordinator duties from Paul Alexander, a lot of things started working better.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If we had Zeitler, Whitworth, and Jones still know one would be bitching about our offense. The front office made major mistakes and they deserve all the blame for what happened last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 01:59 PM)cooper Wrote: agreed...thinks getting rid of mike browns adopted son and field spy..alexander ..the hiring of two new coaches  might help

That's really the only hope we have left (that the main problem isn't Marv). We've already been through multiple coordinators, QBs and players.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 07:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Once a QB throws a pick I don't think there is any coaching technique that will control how far it is returned.

Sideline interceptions are what i am talking about under Zampese's coaching, unacceptable.

(05-06-2018, 07:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, PA will not be given decades to develop a strong line in Dallas.  With Zeke and that line, he will be given a short rope compared to the "wait til next year" fight song of Cincinnati.  

Watch out for an injury to that talented Dallas Line.

When it happens all will know and PA will be out of a job soon you are correct.

(05-06-2018, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite being handicapped by the worst owner in the league Marvin has a winning record against other NFL coaches.

Once you are in the Playoffs it is up to the coach, not the owner to get the job done.

You know, the guy who is supposed to know how to coach football. Mellow

(05-06-2018, 01:59 PM)cooper Wrote: agreed...thinks getting rid of mike browns adopted son and field spy..alexander ..the hiring of two new coaches  might help

Damn rights Coop.

(05-06-2018, 05:10 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If we had Zeitler, Whitworth, and Jones still know one would be bitching about our offense. The front office made major mistakes and they deserve all the blame for what happened last season.

Yeah but we would still have PA around Jake. Mellow

I am happy we got Pollack. Took some punches and it sucked but we got the guy i wanted here.

This guy is intense man. Mellow
Reply/Quote