Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobson Gets Red Pilled
I just saw this and OMG, what the hell is going on with Hobson, Gio, and all the outing of how bad Paul Alexander sucked? 

Quote:The kind of change they needed on offense went beyond players. I’ve been banging on this since they started out with three field goals in the first two games. The offense was broken beyond repair and the schemes up front just weren’t cutting it. You’ve got to go a long way to stop A.J. Green and Joe Mixon and their own system did.
Shocked
Quote:They made the biggest changes they had to make. They ripped up the scheme. They brought in new coaches. They’re changing the culture up front. I think guys like Jake Fisher and Clint Boling and even Cedric Ogbuehi will be different, better players. Those kinds of changes were more valuable than any player they could have brought in, except for Glenn and Price. If you are last in the league with Green, Dalton, Mixon, Bernard, something is structurally wrong. Thank God they blew it up.
No Shite.

Or maybe he's just stroking Pollack. LOL
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 03:44 PM)Shady Wrote: I just saw this and OMG, what the hell is going on with Hobson, Gio, and all the outing of how bad Paul Alexander sucked? 

Shocked
No Shite.

Just goes to show that maybe some of us "dumb fans" weren't just talking message board myths when we said Piano Man should have been gone years ago. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just goes to show that maybe some of us "dumb fans" weren't just talking message board myths when we said Piano Man should have been gone years ago. :andy:

Yep, it's kinda looking like Mr. Loyal to a Fault, sitting in the big chair, got voted down on keeping PA around any longer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, it's kinda looking like Mr. Loyal to a Fault, sitting in the big chair, got voted down on keeping PA around any longer.

Yep.  Someone got in Mikey's ear.....and I'm sure glad of it. You gotta play nasty in the AFCN trenches....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just goes to show that maybe some of us "dumb fans" weren't just talking message board myths when we said Piano Man should have been gone years ago. :andy:

I was thinking the same exact thing this morning while reading CO thread, almost the same words came out of my mouth, we dumb fans don't know anything.... Maybe we don't know the exact X's and O's or what is going on inside the building, but damn, all you had to do was see what was happening on the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 03:44 PM)Shady Wrote: I just saw this and OMG, what the hell is going on with Hobson, Gio, and all the outing of how bad Paul Alexander sucked? 

Shocked
No Shite.

Hobson is a company man. As long as someone is a part of that company, it's nothing but praise. As soon as someone is no longer with that company, they become fair game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Passive blocking doesn't work. Pollack's scheme should fit the players.

The thing that remains to see is how well as Pollack had 3 All Pro's when he became the Dallas O-Line coach.
Reply/Quote

Amen. This Oline has sunk many a good RB. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

It should be an interesting case study this year.

Dallas has lost Dez Bryant and more importantly Jason Witten. Prescott has regressed a little. They will need their O-line to perform at a high level like it has in recent years or the Cowboys could start losing. Paul Alexander may have his Dallas Pro Bowlers playing his style versus what they have been successful with and entrench his philosophies.

Meanwhile, our additions of Glenn & Price have closed the talent gap some between Dallas' O-line and ours. Pollack's aggressive approach may add to improving our line while Alexander along with other factors in Dallas could cause theirs to regress. I could see a few of those Dallas Pro Bowlers butting heads with Alexander should losing set in there and they don't like his style. Zeke Elliott may not like the results of Alexander's style either and could publicly express it if losing sets in.

Here is hoping and expecting that we got the better end of the exchange with Pollack.
Reply/Quote
translation..........mike browns step son-on the field spy..Paul Alexander was let go..GOOD
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:48 PM)depthchart Wrote: It should be an interesting case study this year.

Dallas has lost Dez Bryant and more importantly Jason Witten. Prescott has regressed a little. They will need their O-line to perform at a high level like it has in recent years or the Cowboys could start losing. Paul Alexander may have his Dallas Pro Bowlers playing his style versus what they have been successful with and entrench his philosophies.

Meanwhile, our additions of Glenn & Price have closed the talent gap some between Dallas' O-line and ours. Pollack's aggressive approach may add to improving our line while Alexander along with other factors in Dallas could cause theirs to regress. I could see a few of those Dallas Pro Bowlers butting heads with Alexander should losing set in there and they don't like his style. Zeke Elliott may not like the results of Alexander's style either and could publicly express it if losing sets in.

Here is hoping and expecting that we got the better end of the exchange with Pollack.
dont forget weasterman..he played lights out the last two games..he will be a good right guard
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:32 PM)Shady Wrote: Amen. This Oline has sunk many a good RB. 

should have kept jeremy hill.. he was a good banger when the offensive line was ok 3 years ago
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:49 PM)cooper Wrote: dont forget weasterman..he played lights out the last two games..he will be a good right guard

Hoping so for him and Fisher.     Rock On
Reply/Quote
This concerns me. If Hobson and I actually agree on something, is it more likely that he’s actually right for once OR that I’m wrong....
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:50 PM)cooper Wrote: should have kept jeremy hill..

I respectfully disagree ,Hill constantly tried to get to the edge on runs.He was never blessed with elusiveness or elite speed. :paul: Easily caught every time
Reply/Quote
More proof that even the most obvious changes take forever to make here in Cincinnati. Gaah
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 04:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.  Someone got in Mikey's ear.....and I'm sure glad of it.  You gotta play nasty in the AFCN trenches....

but but but he talked at a conference once for olineman, he's gotta be the real deal.  Dude had them guys catching and being dancing bears.  
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 05:52 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I respectfully disagree ,Hill constantly tried to get to the edge on runs.He was never blessed with elusiveness or elite speed. :paul: Easily caught every time

Yep, somewhere along the line he got the impression he was Leveon Bell
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 03:44 PM)Shady Wrote: I think guys like Jake Fisher and Clint Boling and even Cedric Ogbuehi will be different, better players.

Nope, Hospin is still Hobspin, no red pill. It's just that once a guy is gone from the Bengals, they can say "nope, he was all the problem, ignore that we brought back Marvin for a 16th season. Everything is fixed, now give us your huge sums of money for season tickets, thanks."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
At least he didn't get blue pilled, for Mrs hobspin's sake
Reply/Quote