Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson Sits With MB As Well
“We had a down year,” Brown said. “We think we’ll bounce back and whatever issues with the team will be cured if we win enough.”

Confirmation that he is happy with just winning enough ........ never mind a Lombardi??

“I made the call for more than one reason,” Brown said. “It gives us our best chance to be successful this coming season. Marvin gives us continuity. That’s important in this league. I also made the call because I felt he deserved consideration for all the time and effort he has put in here. He’s been our head coach for 15 years. That ought to be to his credit.

“In my book (this season) was an aberration.  I think it’s correctable. I think we can rebound quicker with Marvin than with anybody else … I think he deserved to be back because he’s put a lot of his life here and that matters to me.”

Confirmation that he is more committed about family than the business of winning?

But they will talk to Eifert about re-signing. Since making it to the 2015 Pro Bowl, Eifert has played in just 10 games because of a bevy of injuries. Since they took him in the first round in 2013, he’s played in 39 of a possible 80 games.

“We want to talk to him and see if we can make a deal that will bring him back,” Brown said. “He’s a very good player. The problem is he’s been injured so much he’s literally played less than half the time. Whatever deal we offer we have to take that into consideration.  But we know he’s a player that makes us better when he’s on the field. We plan to talk to most of our (free agents).”

Will Eifert play with the pay cut or take his chances on the FA market?

“I played a role in bringing it here. I played a role in keeping it here. I don’t know if there’s much more I can do,” Brown said. “I would hazard to guess the Bengals will be here when I’m not.”

Uh .... Mike ..... can you give us a ballpark of when that might be???
Reply/Quote
I really hate that man...
Reply/Quote
I don't hope that he leaves the earth. I just want him to leave the job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 04:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I really hate that man...

I don’t hate the man, he’s seems like a great person. I hate that he is the GM of my favorite football team 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 04:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t hate the man, he’s seems like a great person. I hate that he is the GM of my favorite football team 

Maybe "hate" is too strong of a word... Maybe "strongly dislike". I see several people saying he's a "great person" but what is that based on? I can only think of the help he gave Devon Still and his daughter and yes, that was a great thing to do. 

But everything else? He mostly seems like a smug, entitled prick to me. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 04:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Maybe "hate" is too strong of a word... Maybe "strongly dislike". I see several people saying he's a "great person" but what is that based on? I can only think of the help he gave Devon Still and his daughter and yes, that was a great thing to do. 

But everything else? He mostly seems like a smug, entitled prick to me. 

It's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 04:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: But everything else? He mostly seems like a smug, entitled prick to me. 

[Image: correctamundo.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If this season was an aberration what was last season?

How exactly is turning out a few wins going to cure this abysmal OL?

Mike Brown meddling in the draft gave us John Ross, who should be rated as the season's biggest draft flop. One touch, one fumble, zero receptions for a top 10 WR pick. Maybe Ross will be good some day, but this team needed someone who could play this year.

Reply/Quote
Everything that exits the man's mouth is so incredibly out of touch...Or just plain stupid. Yet he comes off as very arrogant and egotistical about his way. Mike needs someone around him to check him. He's been surrounded by yes men his whole life. I doubt anyone close to him has informed him that he's an idiot. A very thoughtful idiot, but idiots have thoughts, too. They're just not very good or smart thoughts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm about as interested in reading or hearing a Hobson interview with ebenezer as I am watching my toe hair grow or my car rust.

Such thought provoking questions as favorite fast food joint? How many miles on the lumina now? Shouldn't free agency be abolished?

I'll pass
Reply/Quote
He’s one healthy old fart.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 04:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don’t hate the man, he’s seems like a great person. I hate that he is the GM of my favorite football team 

How does he seem like a great person?
Reply/Quote
This season was an aberration. What about 2016?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 09:48 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: This season was an aberration. What about 2016?

Logic and reason do not apply to Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 04:52 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

Agree and know this is what he is about. 

Sure would think winning SB's would bring in plenty of extra monetary compensation in long haul. 

Know I would be good for several Bengals SB Champion shirts. 

In 1990 I went to about 50 Reds games. Would just go to Kroger and buy field level seats right before game time. 

Then they won WS that year and you could not buy a field level seat even in advance hardly. Winning pays more than losing. 

Bet if someone looked at who the highest revenue teams are, you would notice quickly that it is the winners.

So just do not get his angle.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 01:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree and know this is what he is about. 

Sure would think winning SB's would bring in plenty of extra monetary compensation in long haul. 

Know I would be good for several Bengals SB Champion shirts. 

In 1990 I went to about 50 Reds games. Would just go to Kroger and buy field level seats right before game time. 

Then they won WS that year and you could not buy a field level seat even in advance hardly. Winning pays more than losing. 

Bet if someone looked at who the highest revenue teams are, you would notice quickly that it is the winners.

So just do not get his angle.  

Yep all he has done is piss off the fanbase. Honestly think the guy isn't bright but people want to believe he is trying to screw us over because it gives them a sense of hope that one day he will turn good like Scrooge on Christmas morning and lead this team to a championship. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Worst part is that the group that buys them to bring them to their city in a few yrs will manage them better and have more success. And this bastards lawn will never be defecated upon enough to balance out the pain and financial liability his incompetence bestowed on this beautiful Queen City.

He's a grand embarrassment without any sort of entertaining side effect. **** em.
Reply/Quote
He should really just keep his mouth shut. These interviews are worse than the Marvin Lewis re-hire in terms of killing fan morale in Cincinnati (for those of us that bother to read/hear them).
Reply/Quote
"I also made the call because I felt he deserved consideration for all the time and effort he has put in here. He’s been our head coach for 15 years. That ought to be to his credit."

[Image: wtf042.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: "Marvin gives us continuity. That’s important in this league. I also made the call because I felt he deserved consideration for all the time and effort he has put in here. He’s been our head coach for 15 years. That ought to be to his credit."

[Image: wtf042.gif]

0-7 in playoffs and 2-14 at home against Steelers "ought to be to his credit."
Reply/Quote