• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson Speaks on Ross
(11-07-2017, 05:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bust.

Seriously? He is not a bust.

yet
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 06:49 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Posted this in another thread but probably more relevant here
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know he had the injury and NCAA rules over him but the way they're all talking its like he let his base fitness slip too much even before he got to formal practice...that's unacceptable to me from both the player and the coaches - way too complacent and does not seem like anyone is really busting their asses to get him out there despite the talk.

I don't care if he can only run 10-15 plays in the game...that's enough for him to be threat (or a perceived threat at the least)and actually see proof he can translate it to the NFL.

I swear if we go into next season  and I have to read a Hobson article about how we 'don't really know what we have in Ross",  or 'its essentially his rookie year so we have to ease him into year2" I  will go bat sh*t crazy [Image: XZFYgOJ.png?1]

Unfortunately that is easy to have happen with injuries to the knee.  Injuries to the core, hips, or back would cause similar issues.  As I've been saying for a while now, get him two more weeks of full practices and he'll be up to speed enough to contribute.
Reply/Quote
With a shoulder injury too...he likely couldn't lift. It's kind of all of the above with him.
Reply/Quote
None of that read positively...not even like, "He is making great strides..." it all read like, "Well, he isn't doing this well...he looks out of shape..." Not exactly good news.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He probably keeps getting open and the coaching staff don't know how to handle it.  Whatever

Ross open... Dalton throws ball out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It looks like John Ross won’t be rushed into the lineup to replace A.J. Green after various publications reported Monday that Green won’t be suspended following Sunday’s ejection stemming from a fight with Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey. But Ross, the fastest combine prospect ever, is finding the race doesn't always go to the swift.

Excerpts:
“John has had three weeks of practice now. Let’s let him practice and let’s get him comfortable playing football again before we put him back in there,” Lewis said. “When he knows what to do and how to do it all the time, and when he can play productively, then he’ll play fast, he’ll play with confidence. But he wouldn’t be very confident (right now). Each day, he gets more confident with playing football. He hasn’t been playing football. That’s the thing. You have to (practice) 11-on-11 enough to be comfortable with it.”

“People can line me up all day and tell me to run 4.22,” he said of his combine record time. “But after the first one I probably won’t get back to that 4.2. It just depends how I’ll condition myself. That was hard for me to see. I thought in my head, I’m fully healthy. I need to be out there. But after I sit down and evaluate the film and I’m like, I don’t look the same as I did on the last play.”

When he saw that …

“That’s what they mean. (Wide receivers) Coach (James) Urban always tells me, ‘You’ve got to get your legs back.’ I’m starting to get them back. It’s starting to show up.”

More in the article here:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Green-set-free-as-Ross-paces-own-return/7b2a2d1b-363f-4dee-be14-d74b269c12a9

I called out Marvin for the Ross "issue" on Mo's show the other day.  I pointed out Marv's history on drafting LBs (Spikes, Simmons, Pollack, Rivers....all first rounders) and how he likely wanted to try and get Reuben Foster, knowing that he may not be able to rely on Burfict and this is his way of cutting off his nose to spite his face.  

Ross is a enormous talent.  Anyone that watches what Tyreek Hill does for KC (and that is without an AJ Green on the opposite side of the field) knows what an impact this guy could have.  I don't want to hear about injuries, either, when from DAY FRIGGIN ONE Ross has said things like "you never feel 100% in football, but I will play when they tell me I can play".  

Now, it is Hobson trying to spin it toward his conditioning?  Are you serious?  When Lafell gets zero separation on ANY snap and Ross can't keep his wind?  Anyone that buys this shit is a moron.  

Marv is being a douche because he feels he deserves a contract extension (he is alone in this sentiment) and he is pouting his way to a 5 win season.  

It is no different than Lawson sitting in favor of MJ (really?  Back at RDE?  What the hell for?), Willis not getting pass rush snaps, when he actually averaged a sack every 10 snaps he played in preseason and has blocked a punt...yeah, keep that guy on the bench.  We will have none of that playmaking.  WJIII sitting in favor of Adam (play 15 yards off the WR and then miss a tackle) Jones.  

But, hey, Marv is playing Cethan Carter...so we have that going for us.

You are gone, Marv, and you have taken the 2017 season with you.  Good riddance.  I just hope the next coach is truly a fresh start and not an internal candidate so just like Buffalo and the LA Rams, a young coach with some passion and creativity can show the world that getting rid of you was the best decision in the world.  You, Alexander...all of them at this point.  The team is so pathetic right now it is an embarrassment....and it IS NOT the talent.  It is the coaching staff.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Except Malone, Lawson, and Willis are playing.

Not nearly enough...
Reply/Quote
If they can't even get Ross to run simple slant and screen routes, basically "check-down" plays, then that's sort of troubling. Especially for a top-10 wide receiver selection.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
It's very frustrating because it's either they don't like what they see out of him, or they are incompetent enough to slide some "Ross" plays for him. It's not like you can't put 7-10 plays in for him, only make them be crossing routes or fades, or slants and drags... I don't care. Simplify the playbook so he can at least get the feel for an NFL game for 20 or so plays a game.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
This kid is being Bengalized. It sounds like the coaches are stripping him of any confidence that he actually had. It sounds like they are pretty much telling him he isnt good enough just because the coaching staff isn't ready to play him or because they have their own agenda. Stop brainwashing this kid and let him play.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Also, this hasnt been mentioned:

Then why was he playing in the Texans game (game he fumbled)? So he was good enough to play in the second game of the season when we were still in the hunt but now hes not even good enough to be on the active roster heading into the game?

I just dont get it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:00 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This kid is being Bengalized. It sounds like the coaches are stripping him of any confidence that he actually had. It sounds like they are pretty much telling him he isnt good enough just because the coaching staff isn't ready to play him or because they have their own agenda. Stop brainwashing this kid and let him play.

Look, I'd like to see the kid play because why not, but now we've gone from Marvin refusing to play him to Marvin intentionally sabotaging the guy's career?

I hope he plays and I really hope he's great, but in these parts we have a tendency to assume our WR bench is chock full of awesome WRs year in and year out and then only AJ Green does anything.  Look no further to how ho-hum we are about seeing Boyd/Malone/Core on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Look, I'd like to see the kid play because why not, but now we've gone from Marvin refusing to play him to Marvin intentionally sabotaging the guy's career?

I hope he plays and I really hope he's great, but in these parts we have a tendency to assume our WR bench is chock full of awesome WRs year in and year out and then only AJ Green does anything.  Look no further to how ho-hum we are about seeing Boyd/Malone/Core on the field.

For all the talk of is it Core, Malone or Ross the sad reality is that Boyd had showed more in his rookie season than all 3 of these guys.

Still, 8 games to go so plenty of time for one of them to on a run assuming they're given the opportunities
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 04:53 AM)ah5 Wrote: Ross open... Dalton throws ball out of bounds.

[Image: 7e4.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:50 PM)treee Wrote: Dude was the best receiver coming out of the draft hands down. Sounds like sitting out from injury really took a toll on him though. Another investment pick. I'm sure it'll get criticized to death but it's not always easy coming back from an injury.

If the draft was every 2-3 yrs it would make sense, but you have to draft someone who can play once drafted, every seasonbrings  new players, new talent, new trades, etc. Why put the coveted #1 draft in the incubator? Sometimes not getting the best, but the second best or third best will get you farther imho.   Coffee
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 09:09 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If they can't even get Ross to run simple slant and screen routes, basically "check-down" plays, then that's sort of troubling.  Especially for a top-10 wide receiver selection.

That is Merv tanking the season because he is a stubborn fool. The day can't come soon enough when they toss babbling idiot and his sidekick, PA out on the streets.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I called out Marvin for the Ross "issue" on Mo's show the other day.  I pointed out Marv's history on drafting LBs (Spikes, Simmons, Pollack, Rivers....all first rounders) and how he likely wanted to try and get Reuben Foster, knowing that he may not be able to rely on Burfict and this is his way of cutting off his nose to spite his face.  

Ross is a enormous talent.  Anyone that watches what Tyreek Hill does for KC (and that is without an AJ Green on the opposite side of the field) knows what an impact this guy could have.  I don't want to hear about injuries, either, when from DAY FRIGGIN ONE Ross has said things like "you never feel 100% in football, but I will play when they tell me I can play".  

Now, it is Hobson trying to spin it toward his conditioning?  Are you serious?  When Lafell gets zero separation on ANY snap and Ross can't keep his wind?  Anyone that buys this shit is a moron.  

Marv is being a douche because he feels he deserves a contract extension (he is alone in this sentiment) and he is pouting his way to a 5 win season.  

It is no different than Lawson sitting in favor of MJ (really?  Back at RDE?  What the hell for?), Willis not getting pass rush snaps, when he actually averaged a sack every 10 snaps he played in preseason and has blocked a punt...yeah, keep that guy on the bench.  We will have none of that playmaking.  WJIII sitting in favor of Adam (play 15 yards off the WR and then miss a tackle) Jones.  

But, hey, Marv is playing Cethan Carter...so we have that going for us.

You are gone, Marv, and you have taken the 2017 season with you.  Good riddance.  I just hope the next coach is truly a fresh start and not an internal candidate so just like Buffalo and the LA Rams, a young coach with some passion and creativity can show the world that getting rid of you was the best decision in the world.  You, Alexander...all of them at this point.  The team is so pathetic right now it is an embarrassment....and it IS NOT the talent.  It is the coaching staff.  

You know your shit brother. All i know is Andy Reid knows how to use his players to the best of their ability and he
adjusts in the frickin' game. I want a coach that knows how to do these things. You don't send in John Ross and then
call over an audible for him to block on the edge in the run game.

This happened in the Colts game and seriously made me sick and shown the ineptness of this coaching staff.

He is throwing the season away, just like last year when PA did with his help.

You get these type of people the hell away from your team if you ever want to win anything.

Marv, GTFO and take piano man with yah. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:47 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If the draft was every 2-3 yrs it would make sense, but you have to draft someone who can play once drafted, every seasonbrings  new players, new talent, new trades, etc. Why put the coveted #1 draft in the incubator? Sometimes not getting the best, but the second best or third best will get you farther imho.   Coffee

Fair enough. Maybe they already knew the season was going to be crap due to Oline play so they didn't need an immediate contributor? 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:47 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If the draft was every 2-3 yrs it would make sense, but you have to draft someone who can play once drafted, every seasonbrings  new players, new talent, new trades, etc. Why put the coveted #1 draft in the incubator? Sometimes not getting the best, but the second best or third best will get you farther imho.   Coffee

Especially when you're not a big player in free agency and you've been losing players.

It's highly debateable that Ross is the #1 WR in college. Many would argue that without the fast 40 time that he's a 2nd Round pick.

He is a very smallish guy with an injury history.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 06:46 PM)McC Wrote: I wonder if Oggie or Fishy would help him up.  I know one thing, I ain't taking no swings a AJ.

They have beautiful form when helping up teammates.  Possibly best in the league.

Can we get a vine of the AJ fight to real mutha ****** G.
Reply/Quote