Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson needs to rewrite his Bengals.com article
Right now the article reads like it was written by a schizophrenic. It reads in areas like the Bengals lost in a blowout but then in another place you see that....oh yeah....they won.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/5-0-Bengals-muffle-Legion-of-Boom-with-20-straight-points-win-in-OT/7db3a3c4-59d5-4b67-9df8-494421c122b9
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just read it, you're right - like every other NFL Writer that was being set up for a loss... But they won! How incredible was that?!!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: Right now the article reads like it was written by a schizophrenic. It reads in areas like the Bengals lost in a blowout but then in another place you see that....oh yeah....they won.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/5-0-Bengals-muffle-Legion-of-Boom-with-20-straight-points-win-in-OT/7db3a3c4-59d5-4b67-9df8-494421c122b9
Sounds like somebody I know in the gameday thread. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sounds like somebody I know in the gameday thread. 

Lol.  IKR?
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sounds like somebody I know in the gameday thread. 

Somebody? There are a handful of us with that attitude in there. One guy went fishing (literally) and came back, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Somebody? There are a handful of us with that attitude in there. One guy went fishing (literally) and came back, lol.

If you ever want a laugh just go back and read a gameday thread. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: Right now the article reads like it was written by a schizophrenic. It reads in areas like the Bengals lost in a blowout but then in another place you see that....oh yeah....they won.

To be fair, it was kind of a schizophrenic game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you ever want a laugh just go back and read a gameday thread. 

Absolutely, lol. I sometimes think what it'd be like if we were all watching the game together in a bar. Could you tell who is who. I think we'd be able to pick out the guy who literally went fishing and came back, lol.
Reply/Quote

Probably everyone writing articles on this game had their reports mostly done by the beginning of the fourth quarter, then had to scramble and change them.
Reply/Quote

He most likely wrote part of it while the game was in progress, and then had to do some editing as the comeback occurred. I wouldn't be surprised if he edits it further in the next 12-hours or so.
Reply/Quote
Somebody should probably go check on Hobson. I think he may have started hitting the bottle a bit to early. [Image: 10_7_4.gif]

Reply/Quote
His game articles are always that way, at least for as long as I can remember. It's continually added to as the game unfolds, but the newest segments are first instead of at the end of the previous segment.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Somebody? There are a handful of us with that attitude in there. One guy went fishing (literally) and came back, lol.

It's not my fault the fish weren't biting. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
To be fair I don't think that a whole lot of us were feeling uber confident during the 3rd quarter. I wish I had a nickel every time I was ready to give up on a game, but just couldn't walk away despite them looking horrible. I've admitted to being wrong and have already beaten myself with a whip over it. Forgive me board for I have sinned.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:10 PM)Utts Wrote: He most likely wrote part of it while the game was in progress, and then had to do some editing as the comeback occurred. I wouldn't be surprised if he edits it further in the next 12-hours or so.

He probably should pull it completely until he rewrites it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you ever want a laugh just go back and read a gameday thread. 

I tried taking part in a gameday thread..............once.

It was nuts.  Nothing but knee jerk hysteria.  I could not imagin actually watching a game with some of those people.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: To be fair I don't think that a whole lot of us were feeling uber confident during the 3rd quarter.  I wish I had a nickel every time I was ready to give up on a game, but just couldn't walk away despite them looking horrible.  I've admitted to being wrong and have already beaten myself with a whip over it. Forgive me board for I have sinned.

I turned off the Tennessee-Georgia game with 3 minutes left in the first half after Georgia went up 24-3.

The next time I turne it on Tennessee was up 31-24.  The first play I saw was a 50 yard td pass by Georgia to tie the game. For a moment I actually considered turning the TV off so that tennessee could come back.  But then I realized how stupid that was.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: To be fair I don't think that a whole lot of us were feeling uber confident during the 3rd quarter. I wish I had a nickel every time I was ready to give up on a game, but just couldn't walk away despite them looking horrible. I've admitted to being wrong and have already beaten myself with a whip over it. Forgive me board for I have sinned.

Yep, I imagine quite a few in Bengaldom were ready to shovel dirt on the team today, including yours trully. After that fumble recovery/TD by Seattle with about six minutes left in the 3rd it just did not look like it was going to be our day. Told my buddy at the start io the 4th quarter that if they didn't score on the next drive we were going to beat traffic. So glad we stayed, as did 99% of the population. Few took the escalator of shame home early today.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: watch-out-we-got-a-bad-ass-over-here.jpg...=584&h=451]
I tried taking part in a gameday thread..............once.

It was nuts.  Nothing but knee jerk hysteria.  I could not imagin actually watching a game with some of those people.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I turned off the Tennessee-Georgia game with 3 minutes left in the first half after Georgia went up 24-3.

The next time I turne it on Tennessee was up 31-24.  The first play I saw was a 50 yard td pass by Georgia to tie the game. For a moment I actually considered turning the TV off so that tennessee could come back.  But then I realized how stupid that was.

Let's not compare inferior college sports to professionals. You know, where RBs routinely run for 250 yards and 60-0 happens a few games every Saturday.

And you're missing out on the fun if you don't go up and down during games, that's like not having fun on a roller coaster - lol.

Yeah, if you read the gameday thread (or the chat which is superior when it's functioning), you'd be surprised some of us survived the gloom and doom of the game.
Reply/Quote