Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson on Injuries
Thought I would put this here:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-leaders-in-training-/781cd9df-5e23-4ba2-bc18-7cec738f314a

He really doesn't have anything promising to say about Burfict's status and says we most likely won't see Ced-O in pads until week 7.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if ced ends up ir'ed before its said and done. A player who can't practice until midway through the season isn't going to give us any depth if there's an injury, not any more than most veteran free agents that will be lurking around then.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:20 PM)Benton Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if ced ends up ir'ed before its said and done. A player who can't practice until midway through the season isn't going to give us any depth if there's an injury, not any more than most veteran free agents that will be lurking around then.

I think this year we will be more concerned about the rules of PUP (I know there's 2 different types) and the IR designated to return rules. It looks like Ced and Burfict will be candidates for both, plus the news on Eifert is not overly promising.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think this year we will be more concerned about the rules of PUP (I know there's 2 different types) and the IR designated to return rules. It looks like Ced and Burfict will be candidates for both, plus the news on Eifert is not overly promising.

Eh? The last I'd read, eifert was feeling better and ready for camp?
Reply/Quote
Every team has injuries every year, but last year seemed especially bad for the Bengals. It sucks even more that some of those big injuries are carrying over into this season. Hopefully Burfict and Eifert are ready early on.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:40 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh? The last I'd read, eifert was feeling better and ready for camp?

Could be, It's just Hobs said Marvin Jones will be the only one we'll probably see in the May-June mini's

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Could be, It's just Hobs said Marvin Jones will be the only one we'll probably see in the May-June mini's

Ah, hadn't read much from jobs in the last couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:45 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Every team has injuries every year, but last year seemed especially bad for the Bengals.  It sucks even more that some of those big injuries are carrying over into this season.  Hopefully Burfict and Eifert are ready early on.

Be nice to see Burfict figure out how to tackle without hurting himself. The crap part is if he starts to try and change his play style he may lose his intensity and instincts, just over thinking it. Unfortunately, if he doesn't change a little, might end up having a very short career.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 12:20 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Be nice to see Burfict figure out how to tackle without hurting himself. The crap part is if he starts to try and change his play style he may lose his intensity and instincts, just over thinking it. Unfortunately, if he doesn't change a little, might end up having a very short career.

Burfict had 298 tackles in his 1st 2 years in the NFL without hurting himself. He knows how to tackle without hurting himself.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 12:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Burfict had 298 tackles in his 1st 2 years in the NFL without hurting himself. He knows how to tackle without hurting himself.

He got a concussion sacking Flacco. Then a second concussion on another tackle. He does lower his head, 298 times lower it can equal head injuries.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 12:20 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Be nice to see Burfict figure out how to tackle without hurting himself. The crap part is if he starts to try and change his play style he may lose his intensity and instincts, just over thinking it. Unfortunately, if he doesn't change a little, might end up having a very short career.

100% agree with this.  I'm more concerned about his concussion issues than the knee.
Reply/Quote
This makes me very nervous.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Tiger Seems to me Hobson is only one saying Burfict is doubtful. Everything I've heard has him being OK by TC, even from his doctor.

Eifert seems to think he'll be ready for TC. He just can't swing a golf club...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote

Sorry, but this doesn't add up. The dude is a Pro-Bowl outside LB in the NFL. Saying he needs to "figure out how to tackle without hurting himself" is a bit shortsighted. You don't get to this level of play by not knowing how to properly tackle someone.

Does he need to STOP leading with his head? Well of course he does. But he knows how to properly tackle someone.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Could be, It's just Hobs said Marvin Jones will be the only one we'll probably see in the May-June mini's

Yep, they are taking it easy with him but I heard in a presser he should be good to go by camp. I'm sure they will not push him to, to much... But at least he should be ready by opening day. If not, that is no bueno
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 03:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Sorry, but this doesn't add up. The dude is a Pro-Bowl outside LB in the NFL. Saying he needs to "figure out how to tackle without hurting himself" is a bit shortsighted. You don't get to this level of play by not knowing how to properly tackle someone.

Does he need to STOP leading with his head? Well of course he does. But he knows how to properly tackle someone.

This last statement is a contradiction.
Proper tackling involves keeping your head up, not down.
So which is it?

And yes you can get to that level, it happens quite a bit.
You'd be surprised at the number of guys coming out of college actually have good form tackling.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 03:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Sorry, but this doesn't add up. The dude is a Pro-Bowl outside LB in the NFL. Saying he needs to "figure out how to tackle without hurting himself" is a bit shortsighted. You don't get to this level of play by not knowing how to properly tackle someone.

Stop leading with his head is exactly what I meant. And, that to me is not form tackling. Dude is a beast, and a monster and I am glad we have him and want him to be a part of this team for a long, long time. But, he has to keep his head up or those concussions will add up.

Reply/Quote
He is out because of micro fracture surgery on his knee. That is the reason he may not be ready and that is even more concerning then the concussion issue. The concussion thing has no bearing on his immediate availability, now long term maybe, but I am worried about the knee.
Reply/Quote
I don't really trust the Bengals medical staff when it comes to injuries.

Said Marvin Jones would be fine after the BYE week. Out for the year.
Eifert will (most likely) be back by week 8, gone for the year.
Burfict's head is fine. Concussion the next week, pretty much completely miss his knee issue.
Gresham is fine, he's just being a baby. Back issue that he had during the season, was missed until free agency.

And that's just this past season. They tell us one thing and it ends up being worst case scenario.

I don't trust this medical staff. I just don't.

And I'm not bringing up Antonio Bryant because they hired a new staff after that mess; to my knowledge.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 02:49 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger  Seems to me Hobson is only one saying Burfict is doubtful. Everything I've heard has him being OK by TC, even from his doctor.

Eifert seems to think he'll be ready for TC. He just can't swing a golf club...

"Only Hobson"? Who does Hobson work for, again?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote