Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron Idea
I know everyone has a stance on what they would take in trade for AJM.

My thought is I wouldn't take anything less than a VERY high second round pick. Which leads me to these teams: Cleveland, SF, Chicago, and the NY Jets. All need a QB big-time. All have a ton of other needs. And I think virtually all don't see a QB in the draft worth a top 6 selection. They may end up doing that regardless, but it is a struggle. Plus, as I just mentioned, they have a ton of other needs.

Why would one of these teams not offer their 2nd round pick for AJM, who they control for basically peanuts for TWO more years, and go after an impact player that is not a QB with their first round selection?

Also, if you think about it, all of these teams could be thinking about doing the same thing so maybe Cleveland is most valuable, given it is the first pick in Round 2.

The more I think about it, the more this makes sense to me if I were being honest and playing the role of GM for either of those teams.

Say what you will about AJM, he doesn't shy away from the big stage, and he seems to have that intangible leadership characteristic. Plus, he could play right away. Who among Kizer, Trubisky, and Watson are NFL ready and from NFL-style offenses? I wouldn't say any of them.

The bottom line: Some of those teams will fall in love enough with those QBs to take them, but will they all take them with their first pick and even if they do, that leaves one of those teams without a top tier draft pick.

I would sure love the turn McCarron in to a draft pick like Feeney at the top of Round 2, and then take Elflein with our original pick in the 2nd. Combine that with a top tier pass rusher in the first round and the Bengals would have a great first couple rounds of the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
makes good sense to me
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 12:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know everyone has a stance on what they would take in trade for AJM.  

My thought is I wouldn't take anything less than a VERY high second round pick.  Which leads me to these teams:  Cleveland, SF, Chicago, and the NY Jets.  All need a QB big-time.  All have a ton of other needs.  And I think virtually all don't see a QB in the draft worth a top 6 selection.  They may end up doing that regardless, but it is a struggle.  Plus, as I just mentioned, they have a ton of other needs.

Why would one of these teams not offer their 2nd round pick for AJM, who they control for basically peanuts for TWO more years, and go after an impact player that is not a QB with their first round selection?

Also, if you think about it, all of these teams could be thinking about doing the same thing so maybe Cleveland is most valuable, given it is the first pick in Round 2.

The more I think about it, the more this makes sense to me if I were being honest and playing the role of GM for either of those teams.

Say what you will about AJM, he doesn't shy away from the big stage, and he seems to have that intangible leadership characteristic.  Plus, he could play right away.  Who among Kizer, Trubisky, and Watson are NFL ready and from NFL-style offenses?  I wouldn't say any of them.  

The bottom line:  Some of those teams will fall in love enough with those QBs to take them, but will they all take them with their first pick and even if they do, that leaves one of those teams without a top tier draft pick.

I would sure love the turn McCarron in to a draft pick like Feeney at the top of Round 2, and then take Elflein with our original pick in the 2nd.  Combine that with a top tier pass rusher in the first round and the Bengals would have a great first couple rounds of the draft.

i love it but i would take the jets out of the equation. They cut darell revis, nick mangold, and brandon mashall. A combined 20 pro bowls. Also they cut eric decker as well. They are in full rebuild mode and think they go with a lot of otger positiona ala browns before going qb.
Reply/Quote