Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobson's Choice High Comedy
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-whats-next-after-the-take/0c5cef32-1cc1-456a-bc94-e71fd1cb21f6

It's like Hobson looked for the worst informed questions he could for answering.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He really thinks Hart is our starting RT "all the way" when he couldn't earn a start on the only oline worse than the Bengals (Giants).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Maybe they know something we don't, like how to run a team horribly and still make a huge profit..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I have to wonder, did he choose to respond to Peter Neefus, simply because he has an unusual name and is not from Ohio?

I will say that Rob Cline seemed to know what he was talking about, that Joey Pawnell as well, though he did seem to use the brown nosing method to illicit a response.. LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 07:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: He really thinks Hart is our starting RT "all the way" when he couldn't earn a start on the only oline worse than the Bengals (Giants).

He didn't say he thinks Hart is our starting RT all the way. He said he is A RT all the way.

As in what position he'll be competing to win.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I have to wonder, did he choose to respond to Peter Neefus, simply because he has an unusual name and is not from Ohio?

I will say that Rob Cline seemed to know what he was talking about, that Joey Pawnell as well, though he did seem to use the brown nosing method to illicit a response..  LOL

Cline maybe. Pawnell lost me with his biggest concern is the loss of Bodine followed by a really weak defense of him. Sorry but losing the worst Center in the NFL does not make my worry list  Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:38 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He didn't say he thinks Hart is our starting RT all the way. He said he is A RT all the way.

As in what position he'll be competing to win.

Oh ok. Misread that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Who was the clown who said he liked Hobsons work and liked MB and ML? Must be a part time fan who never watches any games.

Reply/Quote
I see that Hobson suggests that if McGlinchey's there at 21 we take him first, and center in R2.

Are the three centers we are likely to pick from that much different in quality? Only for me (and this is probably due to having endured Bodine being forced into Dalton's lap/RB's being tackled behind the LOS), I want the biggest, best and meanest b*stard anchoring the middle of the line as a top priority. It would just be so nice for that part of the line to be rock solid and productive.
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(03-22-2018, 07:28 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Who was the clown who said he liked Hobsons work and liked MB and ML? Must be a part time fan who never watches any games.

That particular quote reminds me of some of the obviously dodgy product reviews you see on Amazon that are clearly posted by the seller under a false name. :)
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:12 AM)dnkw Wrote: I see that Hobson suggests that if McGlinchey's there at 21 we take him first, and center in R2.

Are the three centers we are likely to pick from that much different in quality? Only for me (and this is probably due to having endured Bodine being forced into Dalton's lap/RB's being tackled behind the LOS), I want the biggest, best and meanest b*stard anchoring the middle of the line as a top priority. It would just be so nice for that part of the line to be rock solid and productive.

can Richie incognito play Center?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 10:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: can Richie incognito play Center?

That wasn't quite what I had in mind, Xeno.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:12 AM)dnkw Wrote: I see that Hobson suggests that if McGlinchey's there at 21 we take him first, and center in R2.

dont think cordys feet will hold up..take Mc Glinchey if available..can get a good center 2nd round.I dont mean to be  disruptive..but a 340lb man with bad feet and ankles is problematic
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 07:28 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Who was the clown who said he liked Hobsons work and liked MB and ML? Must be a part time fan who never watches any games.

I almost stopped reading after that crock...
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 10:50 AM)cooper Wrote: dont think cordys feet will hold up..take Mc Glinchey if available..can get a good center 2nd round.I dont mean to be  disruptive..but a 340lb man with bad feet and ankles is problematic

I doubt McGlinchey will be there when we pick but I do see him as being a guy that can begin his career as a Right tackle and then become a long term Left Tackle in the league. After calming down some after the Bodine gone news, I would take McGlinchey over a Center in round 1.

We would still almost be assured at least getting Frank Ragnow in round 2.

In the 2017 Draft, it looks like Ethan Pocic was the first Center taken with pick #58 in round two and then Pat Eiflein went with pick #70 in round 3.

There probably will be at least one Center going in round 1 this year but I doubt 3 will go by our pick #46 in the 2nd round. The Bengals probably even have a 4th Center that they like which may mean a round 3 pick is used.

In my mind, Legit Left Tackles are harder to come by, so I would take McGlinchey who former NFL GM Charlie Casserly says is a top 15 player and even recommended him for the Bengals to play on the right side early and then switch with Cordy Glenn later putting Glenn at right tackle maybe in McGlinchey's 2nd or 3rd year.

Glenn, Boling, Ragnow, McGlinchey  - (with Hopkins, Westerman, Fisher, Hart etc competing for the last Guard spot) 

* This would seem like an Offensive Line overhaul to me and be done after round 2.
Reply/Quote
McGlinchey is not my first choice but would not hate it at all.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:16 AM)dnkw Wrote: That particular quote reminds me of some of the obviously dodgy product reviews you see on Amazon that are clearly posted by the seller under a false name. :)

I was thinking that's either a blatant attempt at creating a question from Hobson or it was a question written from one of the Bengal's very young fans.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

(03-22-2018, 08:16 AM)dnkw Wrote: That particular quote reminds me of some of the obviously dodgy product reviews you see on Amazon that are clearly posted by the seller under a false name. :)

(03-22-2018, 12:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was thinking that's either a blatant attempt at creating a question from Hobson or it was a question written from one of the Bengal's very young fans.

If you all noticed, that dude's name was Joey Pownall (as in "pown" "all"). I've never heard of a surname like Pownall, maybe it's real, but it just screams made up to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 11:40 AM)Go Cards Wrote: McGlinchey is not my first choice but would not hate it at all.

if he's there, then 2 options, take him or trade back (which needs a partner and we can't move back too far).
There is no reason to not take him. So what if we have him and Glenn on the line at the same time. We can cut Glenn next year if he doesn't work out with zero dead money. We can still grab another RT later and Centers will still be there in the 3rd. There's just too many quality Centers this year for them to not be, might not be THE one you wanted, but it will still be a solid one.

You want you best players on the line playing well, so If Glenn works out, then McGlinchey would be on the Right side either at T or G. The draft is really going to be crazy this year, the Giants might throw a big monkey wrench into it, just cause they have a need at QB doesn't mean they will pass on RB if Barkley is still there, which would be awesome and screw the Browns over big time, if they were planning to get him with the 4th pick. Hilarious

Say we get McGlinchey, next question is would you draft Orlando Brown Jr if he was still there in the 2nd?
I certainly would. No reason why Brown couldn't start off as a RG and move to RT later.
Reply/Quote
All those talking about McGlinch, I'd be cool with Kolton Miller in the 2nd, if he slides.

But we would need to go C in the 1st.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote