Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Draft
Obviously Devin White seems like a good fit with the Bengals but who knows if they will want to go Linebacker that early and it is also possible that White is selected before the Bengals pick at #11 so with this mock I am going in a different direction.

1st Round - Jawaan Taylor (OT) - This pick will likely piss a lot of people off on here but I think upgrading the line at Right Tackle is such a huge need that even if Jonah Williams is already off the board that we still consider drafting someone early to fill that spot.

2nd Round - Mack Wilson (LB) - Not the athlete that White is but still a very talented upgrade at the linebacker position.

3rd Round - Caleb Wilson (TE) - Known more as a pass catcher than a blocker right now but will add a dynamic to the offense we have been missing with Eifert constantly injured.

4th Round - Michael Jackson (CB) - Depth at Corner with a guy with good size.

5th Round - Derwin Gray (OG) - Competition at Right Guard (hopefully Westerman finally gets a chance also).

6th Round - Easton Stick (QB) - Young QB to compete with Driskel as backup for this season.

7th Round - John Baron (K) - Bullock did not look good last year and this is a guy that can actually kick from 50 yards compared to him.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Stick has been pretty dreadful at East/West practice....against air haha.
Reply/Quote
I actually like the pick of an OT at #11. That being said I'd rather go with Ford out of Oklahoma.

IF we somehow pulled a move off like last year where we moved back I love David Edwards out of Wisconsin and Risner out of K-State.

Right tackle is easily the worst position on this team right now. It's really not even close. We need to get either a proven NFL starter or some legit college talent to fill that hole.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 02:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I actually like the pick of an OT at #11.  That being said I'd rather go with Ford out of Oklahoma.

IF we somehow pulled a move off like last year where we moved back I love David Edwards out of Wisconsin and Risner out of K-State.

Right tackle is easily the worst position on this team right now.  It's really not even close.  We need to get either a proven NFL starter or some legit college talent to fill that hole.

I absolutely think we need to focus in on either Devin White or upgrading at Right Tackle with Williams, Ford, Little, or Taylor in the first or possibly Edward or Risner in the 2nd if they could land White. That would help this team the most right away. The draft is unpredictable though so I hope they at least try to bring in some mid-tier Free Agents at Linebacker and Tackle/Guard before the draft as well.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree I think we have to go OT or LB in the 1st round! I actually prefer the OT in the first then either OG/LB in the 2nd. If we can control the line of scrimmage it keeps our defense off the field also!!!
Reply/Quote