Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson's Media Mock
(01-14-2019, 10:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: To be fair Vander Esch was a late riser last year. Most saw him as a late 1st maybe early 2nd then he ended up going 19th which most people would have said was a bit high. There could be a late riser or two here, especially after people were tepid to pull the trigger in the 1st on Leonard last year because he came from a small school but see how big of an impact he made.  I could see Devin Bush of Michigan being the late riser this year with a blazing combine, sneaks into the bottom of the 1st or beyond.

People have undervalued stack linebackers for a while now but the rejuvenation of Dallas's defense on the back of two young fast linebackers may cause a bit of a rebound effect.

All very good points. There could be a late riser, especially after the Combine.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:01 AM)Goalpost Wrote: This draft just smells of trade down sometimes.  Get Mack Wilson later and then trade up for an OT.

I like that idea. Or perhaps not even have to trade down, just use the early 2nd rounder perhaps on a guy like Dalton Risner (looks like a solid choice for RT) and then you'll also have an extra Day 2 pick to help get another solid player. The Bengals would have to play it by ear since we've seen a run on certain positions that were deemed unexpected (e.g. WR in 2017).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 05:22 PM)Takedown Wrote: While we're cleaning house, could we get a new Bengals.com writer too?

But then who would tell us about those great late 7th round wide receivers who will be the greatest thing since sliced bread every season?  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:13 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I like that idea. Or perhaps not even have to trade down, just use the early 2nd rounder perhaps on a guy like Dalton Risner (looks like a solid choice for RT) and then you'll also have an extra Day 2 pick to help get another solid player. The Bengals would have to play it by ear since we've seen a run on certain positions that were deemed unexpected (e.g. WR in 2017).

I like Risner at this point for round 2.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote