Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson said what?
I thought this was interesting. Could he be right about this?

Quote:The Bengals aren’t expected to sign a veteran at that spot and there look to be no tackles ranked within range of their ninth pick in the April 27-29 draft. One option is to trade back and eye a top prospect like Wisconsin’s Ryan Ramczyk.

Would they actually trade down from 9 to draft an OT?

I guess this happens to teams alot these days. Good players leave for more money. The Steelers made sure that didn't happen to them. We did the same with our key pieces (Andy, AJ, Geno, Dunlap). I just hope we have a good draft and that the front office has a plan for remaining "competitive."
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:09 PM)Shady Wrote: I thought this was interesting. Could he be right about this?

I guess this happens to teams alot these days. Good players leave for more money. The Steelers made sure that didn't happen to them. We did the same with our key pieces (Andy, AJ, Geno, Dunlap). I just hope we have a good draft and that the front office has a plan for remaining "competitive."

I personally hope they stay at number nine and get an impact player.  They have plenty of draft picks this year, 11 people are not even going to make the roster.
Reply/Quote
9 rookies will make roster with cheap rookie contracts

lots of money to roll over
Reply/Quote
The better option would be to move up from the #9 spot into the late first round and grab a tackle.

There isn't one worth drafting in the top 20.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:11 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I personally hope they stay at number nine and get an impact player.  They have plenty of draft picks this year, 11 people are not even going to make the roster.

Agreed. Get an impact player like Foster or Fournette.

We now have way too many needs to fill. Chasing a Tackle is pointless. Maybe sign a free agent.
Reply/Quote
The top tackle who just had hip surgery. Another hurt 1st round tackle. In the mean time the rest of the league will be snatching up defense in one of the top defensive drafts in decade.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
i don't see this happening. I mean it could, but we have tons of picks and Im sure they can find someone to play tackle and guard in the draft or at least compete.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals never add just replace and it's Beyond frustrating. In all honesty there is no hope until Mike Brown dies. The thing is they don't have to use big money or lose comp picks to do it either they just have to try and they won't do it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:35 PM)J24 Wrote: The Bengals never add just replace and it's Beyond frustrating.  In all honesty there is no hope until Mike Brown dies. The thing is they don't have to use big money or lose comp picks to do it either they just have to try and they won't do it.

Oh shut up.  Under Mike Brown this was one of the best teams in the NFL for years.  We have had two free agencies that simply played out badly because we had top players at positions and couldn't pay all these guys.  We still have tons of talent on this team and if we have a good draft could still end up in the playoffs next year.  I'm upset we lost top players but stop acting like Mike Brown hasn't improved as a owner.  

Whats the worse that can happen ? We have another bad season and draft in top 10 2 years in a row while also getting a new head coach next year ?  Try to stay positive and look at the upside.

Reply/Quote
Prototype T who won the Outland trophy is a top half of the first round T.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:33 PM)Okeana Wrote: i don't see this happening.  I mean it could, but we have tons of picks and Im sure they can find someone to play tackle and guard in the draft or at least compete.

Bodine was the ONLY guy to start Game 1 of his rookie season from our past 3 drafts.

You think we're going to find both a starting T and Guard in this draft...that will be anywhere near as good as Whitworth and Zeitler?

Any way you slice it...our line got a lot worse.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:33 PM)Okeana Wrote: i don't see this happening.  I mean it could, but we have tons of picks and Im sure they can find someone to play tackle and guard in the draft or at least compete.
Remember they drafted Ogeebogee and Fisher. WOW!!! This draft has no really good offensive line selections. Another sad season in Cincy. This team is running headlong into Reds territory.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: Oh shut up.  Under Mike Brown this was one of the best teams in the NFL for years.  We have had two free agencies that simply played out badly because we had top players at positions and couldn't pay all these guys.  We still have tons of talent on this team and if we have a good draft could still end up in the playoffs next year.  I'm upset we lost top players but stop acting like Mike Brown hasn't improved as a owner.  

Whats the worse that can happen ? We have another bad season and draft in top 10 2 years in a row while also getting a new head coach next year ?  Try to stay positive and look at the upside.

The Bengals improvement coincided with Mike Brown little by little delegating the decision making to others. They aren't better because of him, but rather in spite of him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: Oh shut up.  Under Mike Brown this was one of the best teams in the NFL for years.  We have had two free agencies that simply played out badly because we had top players at positions and couldn't pay all these guys.  We still have tons of talent on this team and if we have a good draft could still end up in the playoffs next year.  I'm upset we lost top players but stop acting like Mike Brown hasn't improved as a owner.  

Under Mike Brown...we've also went 26+ years without a playoff win.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:35 PM)J24 Wrote: The Bengals never add just replace and it's Beyond frustrating.  In all honesty there is no hope until Mike Brown dies. The thing is they don't have to use big money or lose comp picks to do it either they just have to try and they won't do it.

What is scary to me is that Ms. Pumpkin likely has her hands in these contract negotiations...and we see how well that is going. I am losing hope faster than FAs leaving Cincy...if that's possible?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bodine was the ONLY guy to start Game 1 of his rookie season from our past 3 drafts.

You think we're going to find both a starting T and Guard in this draft...that will be anywhere near as good as Whitworth and Zeitler?

Any way you slice it...our line got a lot worse.

Since I consider Whitworth to be a top five LT who's only gotten better with age... no I don't think we will draft someone better than Whit.  That said I think our team can find serviceable players.  I think we could also move to run first with quick passes to cover up for a lackluster line.  This issue needed to be addressed sooner than later with Whit's age anyways now we are forced to deal with it. 

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:09 PM)Shady Wrote: I thought this was interesting. Could he be right about this?

Possibly. I didn't see Eifert coming or back to back OTs in the 1st and 2nd so I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. If they aren't able to get a RE at 9, I would prefer they trade back specifically to add picks to address the Oline. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:52 PM)Okeana Wrote: Since I consider Whitworth to be a top five LT who's only gotten better with age... no I don't think we will draft someone better than Whit.  That said I think our team can find serviceable players.  I think we could also move to run first with quick passes to cover up for a lackluster line.  This issue needed to be addressed sooner than later with Whit's age anyways now we are forced to deal with it. 

Valid points...and truthfully...I think Whitworth will start to decline soon.

Fournette may make a lot of sense now in the draft.

If the Richardson trade goes through...drafting Foster might make sense as we'd have a loaded defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Under Mike Brown...we've also went 26+ years without a playoff win.

Why even support the bengals then ?  Wait till he dies and then come back as a fan.  So much time spent on negative energy can't be healthy. 

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Valid points...and truthfully...I think Whitworth will start to decline soon.

Fournette may make a lot of sense now in the draft.

Now you're coming around =)  Just think this time next year we may actually get a good head coach things are looking up!

Reply/Quote