Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson still spinning the same old crap
In your opinion what do you think the offensive line combination will be week 1 Jordan Seebeck, Dayton, OH

JORDAN: I think we saw it Monday, led by left tackle Jonah Williams, which would make him the first rookie to start at left tackle for the Bengals since Anthony Munoz in 1980. Or, as he signs, Anthony Munoz, HOF-98.

Sept. 6 in Seattle would also be Cordy Glenn’s first NFL start at left guard. Billy Price centers it for a second straight year. Former Bill John Miller would be at right guard for his fifth straight Opening Day start and first for the Bengals next to right tackle Bobby Hart. Certainly Wednesday’s news as reported by ESPN.com won’t alter it. Alex Redmond, who started 15 games at right guard last year, is suspended for the first four games (violation of NFL policy on performance-enhancing drugs) and although he can practice now he’s expected not to be ready until training camp as his shoulder rehabs.

https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-change-of-pace
Reply/Quote
'I hear you. I’ve been wondering the same thing. But, also, you reap what you sow. Yes, for the last three years they’ve been crushed by injury. But they’ve also had talented rosters that underachieved and every time people were paying attention the Steelers were beating them in the last two minutes or even 10 seconds or even no time left. Usually because of something they did to themselves.

And they’ve got an unproven, young head coach that is the Bengals’ new playcaller and yet doesn’t have a full season of calling plays in the NFL.'
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 01:08 PM)NKURyan Wrote: How many team homepages are ever going to be at all critical of the team? You act like he's an independent reporter...

This
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 12:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I thought this was a nice point by Hobson:

'The stats will tell you that in the last three seasons, the Bengals were not only broadsided by injury but by the evolving NFL game. On both sides of the ball. I think the Bengals defense may get as much benefit from the new offense as the offense because they’ll have to react and respond daily to the diversity and flexibility of a scheme that seems more in step with the league.'

https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-change-of-pace

Wow...maybe Hobson is actually paying attention this year..  Who know? Maybe he'll actually be right for once, hype up some nobody who will go on to win ROY and make it to the pro bowl..  That would be different.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 08:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wow...maybe Hobson is actually paying attention this year..  Who know? Maybe he'll actually be right for once, hype up some nobody who will go on to win ROY and make it to the pro bowl..  That would be different.. 

Yeah I think it was interesting that he mentioned that about the outdated schemes. He could have just took the injuries ruined the season route.
Reply/Quote