Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobson talks about Hill, FA & HOF
(02-21-2017, 05:54 PM)3wt Wrote: Which begs the question, Why?  If this is such a good locker room and good collection of talent,. What is the disincentive for staying - besides the money??
Gotta narrow it down by process of elimination

Cant be the older vets getting on his nerve because our vets are mostly model guys

Cant be play time

Cant be poor QB play discouraging him because Dalton is fairly consistent

COULD definitely be the shitty RB play. Open up plenty of holes and Jeremy Hill ignore them and shits out a 1 yard gain every other play.

Could be horrible coaching by Paul Alexander.

Shitty drafting of backup lineman. Makes his job harder because he basically can never come out if we want the o line ran correctly.

Its definitely got to do with our horrible playoff record

Ownership is shitty and lowballed him once already

Its probably a mix of all of this. If I were drafted to the Bengals id honestly take the first plane outta town
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:57 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I live in Seahawks country so I know where you're coming from. I know a lot of their fans are frustrated by the sucky OL play, but the Seahawks have taken some steps to try and fix it. They went out and drafted 3 OL in the draft. If a guy isn't working out, they're willing to move them around to see if they click in any other position. They took Justin Britt with the intention of him being their RT of the future. He didn't work out there so they moved him to LG and he still had some struggles. Now he's their center and looks to have a promising future.

They know they have a weakness and are cash strapped, but they still experiment to see if they solve the issue.

They are cash strapped with like 10 big stars on the same team and were cash strapped with like 4 total? That don't make no damn sense.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals cut some dead weight like Maualuga and Jones how much would that free up ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 06:03 PM)Housh Wrote: Gotta narrow it down by process of elimination

Cant be the older vets getting on his nerve because our vets are mostly model guys

Cant be play time

Cant be poor QB play discouraging him because Dalton is fairly consistent

COULD definitely be the shitty RB play. Open up plenty of holes and Jeremy Hill ignore them and shits out a 1 yard gain every other play.

Could be horrible coaching by Paul Alexander.

Shitty drafting of backup lineman. Makes his job harder because he basically can never come out if we want the o line ran correctly.

Its definitely got to do with our horrible playoff record

Ownership is shitty and lowballed him once already

Its probably a mix of all of this. If I were drafted to the Bengals id honestly take the first plane outta town

Yeah, its one of the bottom jobs in the NFL. 

Really, give me a break.  He made the playoffs his first 4 years in the league.  If its about anything, its money, because he's not going to get picked up by a contending team and get the kind of money he is looking for.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 06:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, its one of the bottom jobs in the NFL. 

Really, give me a break.  He made the playoffs his first 4 years in the league.  If its about anything, its money, because he's not going to get picked up by a contending team and get the kind of money he is looking for.

I don't think he gives a damn about just MAKING the playoffs especially seeing how badly we lose every time.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 06:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, its one of the bottom jobs in the NFL. 

Really, give me a break. He made the playoffs his first 4 years in the league.  If its about anything, its money, because he's not going to get picked up by a contending team and get the kind of money he is looking for.

I'm sure he'll proudly display his participation trophies in his den and be beaming telling his grand kids about em.

Don't you guys ever get tired of banging that weak drum as if it really meant something ? We've gotten our butts handed to us or imploded in every one of those games !
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 06:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm sure he'll proudly display his participation trophies in his den and be beaming telling his grand kids about em.

Don't you guys ever get tired of banging that weak drum as if it really meant something ? We've gotten our butts handed to us or imploded in every one of those games !

I wouldn't choose it as a bragging point.

Honestly as a Bengals fan I am constantly trying to make people FORGET that weve made the playoffs so much without winning. Other teams' fans tend to find that HILARIOUS. The next question is always why do you root for them?

My response is I have no idea
Reply/Quote
Look Z wants to test free agency and i don't blame him. He has a chance to make some amazing money this year being the best guard and a lot of teams need pro bowl guards. This just happens in free agency you can't keep everyone. Last year we lost guys because they wanted to be more involved with bigger roles like sanu and jones. What I need to see is the Bengals stepping up to replace these guys with quality free agents and stop acting like they don't have money. That said I don't want us to overpay so its a real balancing game.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's a piss-poor excuse.

1.  If the cap goes up 4-5 million, that will take care of most of Tez's extension.
2.  If Whitworth retires after next year, that immediately frees up $10 million.
3.  Rey's contract is up - that frees up $4 million
4.  If Pac-man is gone, that frees up another $4 million

That's $22 million in money that could very realistically be freed up without any rollover.

Is it? Or is it apart of our FO master plan to be the most avg NFL team the better part of a decade? Hmm
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 06:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If the Bengals cut some dead weight like Maualuga and Jones how much would that free up ?

Jones would free up 6.3, and Maualuga 3.7...so 10m combined.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 06:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm sure he'll proudly display his participation trophies in his den and be beaming telling his grand kids about em.

It's called reality.  I get it - we haven't won in the playoffs, but lets list off a bunch of better situations:

LA?
SF
Jets
Buffalo
Chicago
New Orleans
Jacksonville
Washington
Detroit
Cleveland
Indy

All those teams are either horrible or have serious cap issues with terrible ownership.  Trust me , it could be worse.

And, really, unless you have super bowl rings, you probably aren't talking about wins to your grandkids.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 09:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's called reality.  I get it - we haven't won in the playoffs, but lets list off a bunch of better situations:

LA?
SF
Jets
Buffalo
Chicago
New Orleans
Jacksonville
Washington
Detroit
Cleveland
Indy

All those teams are either horrible or have serious cap issues with terrible ownership.  Trust me , it could be worse.

And, really, unless you have super bowl rings, you probably aren't talking about wins to your grandkids.
Mike Brown probably uses the "It could be worse"
Logic when he runs the team.

You two could be best friends

Actually......Mike is that you?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:50 PM)Housh Wrote: lol cant pay everybody

That's why a team like the Seahawks has MULTIPLE impact players at once and we have like 2 tops on offense or Defense at a time.......BECAUSE THE SEAHAWKS ACTUALLY WANT TO WIN AND THEY PAY EVERYBODY WHAT THEY DESERVE. lol

Its so funny how Mike Brown clearly doesn't care about winning and we cheer for this team.

I decided in week 7 that id start catching Seahawks games if we had another shitty season so I guess its time for me to get that 12th man flag up and put it by the Bengals one.

My heart is with the Bengals but I did 3 years in the army at Fort Lewis and kinda fell in love with the Seahawks and its stupid of me to act like I don't like them just so I can stay exclusive to the shitty Bengals.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me for 15 straight years and go f*** yourself

This is a ditto of the dribble that I read a few days ago. Very disheartening and pisses me off. I don't blame you. I actually enjoy watching franchises succeed that aren't necessarily known for winning...Aka Saints/Seahawks type of teams and cities.
I can't stomach watching the status quo play for the title in the AFC every year.

As for the 15 years...Many of us could do that standing on our heads... Hilarious Sad
Reply/Quote
Bengals are in the rebuild process. Don't look for playoffs for another 5 years or so. Mikey knows it is time to save money and not win.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 09:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jones would free up 6.3, and Maualuga 3.7...so 10m combined.

So......Kevin Zeitler money. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
When Hobspin speaks, I turn off the radio.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He should be saying they are sticking with Rex (as the 'starter') but want Hill back as well. But nope, its the Bengals after all.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 10:38 PM)Housh Wrote: Mike Brown probably uses the "It could be worse"
Logic when he runs the team.

You two could be best friends

Actually......Mike is that you?

No, but you sound pretty bad when you keep saying that nobody in their right mind would want to sign here or that you would be on the first bus out of town.

Seriously, do you hate this team, because you don't sound like a fan.  

I'm not a homer, at all.  However I'm a logical person.  The core of this team has been to the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years.  I think they've got a better shot at getting to the playoffs and winning a super bowl then over half the teams out there, so don't make it sound like this is a bottom dweller franchise.

I don't like the way certain things are run in this organization, but it is a far cry from being a terrible team.
Reply/Quote
It was said before, but cutting guys like Peko, Maualuga, and Sims would free up enough money to keep both Zeilter and Whitworth. This goes against Mike Browns policy of honoring deals even if it means paying guys who aren't playing at a good level. We paid them, might as well pay them isn't a good way to run a team. Cutting guys is an option.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: It was said before, but cutting guys like Peko, Maualuga, and Sims would free up enough money to keep both Zeilter and Whitworth. This goes against Mike Browns policy of honoring deals even if it means paying guys who aren't playing at a good level. We paid them, might as well pay them isn't a good way to run a team. Cutting guys is an option.

Well, maybe some of that changes now that Tobin has had some time to work with Mike Brown.

There really is no reason to have Rey M on the team anymore.  He's not a fit in this defense.  I get the Adam Jones deal, but if he comes back and is in significant trouble over his issues, then I would cut him as well.

There is ZERO reason to not sign Dre, Z and Whit.
Reply/Quote