Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobspin - Ogbuehi change of scenery
Hobspin article on the mother ship touting Ogbuehi's possibility of turning it around under Pollack.

I'm not at practice, I'm not in the locker room, I'll give ya that. But to me it really seems the guys heart just truly isn't in the game. It's not his passion. He gives up on plays at the drop of a hat !

I get the great athlete and ability stuff but if he's not really "in it". You can't fix him. I hope they're right and Ced O. turns it around but I just highly doubt it.

https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-change-of-scenery
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have more confidence in the Browns winning the division this year than I do in Ogbuehi playing well.
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm sure he'll be given every single opportunity under the sun for it though. God knows Marvin hates wasting high round picks.

Unless, of course, they're guards and considered actually good. Then they need to get the **** out. Preferably to Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
Not another Summer of them trying to push Ced down our throats. We won't fall for that again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 10:15 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I have more confidence in the Browns winning the division this year than I do in Ogbuehi playing well.

Me to,

I've watched him many times on the play where both the LG and LT pull to the other side to get block downfield and you'd swear he's avoided contact. He just doesn't have that mean streak in him ! Or hasn't shown it yet anyways.
Reply/Quote
ced lacks the strength to play tackle NFL.. was the scouting report on him in college
Reply/Quote
Hobsin made some good points about guys turning around their career but in general those are the exceptions. 90% of players that play like bums their first few years end up out of the league or career backups.

I have not seen anything from Cedric that makes me believe he will turn around his career.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 10:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm sure he'll be given every single opportunity under the sun for it though. God knows Marvin hates wasting high round picks.

Unless, of course, they're guards and considered actually good. Then they need to get the **** out. Preferably to Cleveland.

And Mike Brown.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 10:50 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Hobsin made some good points about guys turning around their career but in general those are the exceptions. 90% of players that play like bums their first few years end up out of the league or career backups.

I have not seen anything from Cedric that makes me believe he will turn around his career.

Agree,

You'l see some late bloomers on occasion but they're the extreme exceptions.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 10:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not another Summer of them trying to push Ced down our throats. We won't fall for that again.

You got that right!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 10:08 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hobspin article on the mother ship touting Ogbuehi's possibility of turning it around under Pollack.

I'm not at practice, I'm not in the locker room, I'll give ya that. But to me it really seems the guys heart just truly isn't in the game. It's not his passion. He gives up on plays at the drop of a hat !

I get the great athlete and ability stuff but if he's not really "in it". You can't fix him. I hope they're right and Ced O. turns it around but I just highly doubt it.

https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-change-of-scenery

Not everyone works at a job because they are particularly passionate about that line of work. Some do it just because it gives them a good paycheck because their passion might actually not be that financially stable.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 11:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not everyone works at a job because they are particularly passionate about that line of work. Some do it just because it gives them a good paycheck because their passion might actually not be that financially stable.

100% agree for the bulk of us. But you can't play NFL level football and just go thru the motions.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 10:15 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I have more confidence in the Browns winning the division this year than I do in Ogbuehi playing well.

True, this player has been filed under the wishful thinking and fantasies for the Bengals' management category.
Reply/Quote
Hope he does but not holding my breath.

It will need proven to a skeptical eye to believe.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 11:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not everyone works at a job because they are particularly passionate about that line of work. Some do it just because it gives them a good paycheck because their passion might actually not be that financially stable.

While what you’re saying is true I’m not sure I understand your point. If I hire a guy especially at high value and he doesn’t have a passion for what he does and doesn’t do it well I cut my losses and fire him. Why waste time and resources on someone that doesn’t care?
If he can do the job well I don’t care if he’s passionate about it. Ced can’t do it well. If it doesn’t come together this year they have to dump him and probably should have done it already. I’m sure any mediocre backup would be an upgrade over what he’s shown the last 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 12:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 100% agree for the bulk of us. But you can't play NFL level football and just go thru the motions.

Some people might be able to, but Ogbuehi likely isn't one of them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 01:34 PM)motoarch Wrote: While what you’re saying is true I’m not sure I understand your point.  If I hire a guy especially at high value and he doesn’t have a passion for what he does and doesn’t do it well I cut my losses and fire him.  Why waste time and resources on someone that doesn’t care?  
If he can do the job well I don’t care if he’s passionate about it.  Ced can’t do it well.  If it doesn’t come together this year they have to dump him and probably should have done it already.  I’m sure any mediocre backup would be an upgrade over what he’s shown the last 2 years.

I agree that if a person is underperforming, they likely won't last long. But just because isn't ultra-passionate about something doesn't mean they won't be good at it. Same for if someone is passionate about something, it doesn't necessarily mean they will be really good at it.

Also, it doesn't matter much if it does come together for Ogbuehi this year or not, as he hits FA next year. If he does well, he likely gets paid more from some other team. If he does poorly, he likely won't be re-signed either.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
First I have to say I couldnt stand Alexander, with that said it's not like we have always had a horrible Oline with him. Everyone who keeps thinking that OG is somehow going to be a good player just because of a coaching change is just kidding themselves. The guy not a good player period. The same goes for Hart.
Reply/Quote
Coach Pollack can teach Ogbuehi all the right dance steps, but there are a couple of things that just can't be coached. Things like aggression and urge to dominate one's opponent. I got nothing personal against the guy, he seems like a fine physical specimen. He just doesn't seem to have that inherent toughness associated with Offensive Linemen.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 03:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First I have to say I couldnt stand Alexander, with that said it's not like we have always had a horrible Oline with him. Everyone who keeps thinking that OG is somehow going to be a good player just because of a coaching change is just kidding themselves. The guy not a good player period. The same goes for Hart.

Though I really like Pollack and hope that he can pull a rabbit out of the hat, I certainly do not expect Og to suddenly change into a really good OT.

I just think Alexander was so blown away by his athletic abilities that he filed his questionable traits under the category of "played the spread in college, just needs me to coach him up".  

A player can say anything to convince you they're going to be good.  But I liked the Forest Gregg and Tim Krumrie approach to assessment.  Get into it with the player and if they put you on your butt you draft them.
Reply/Quote