Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobspin - Ogbuehi change of scenery
(07-03-2018, 01:47 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't think it's going to happen.  Ced just doesn't seem to have it in him.  Time to cut ties.

Maybe Pollack can turn him into atleast an okay backup LT.

Even that would be something. If he can do this no reason to cut him.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To be fair you have to also list his strengths.

I have seen Fisher finish blocks with a nasty streak, granted it was before the heart problem.

I am not willing to give up on him yet.

Agreed, Sam Hubbard beat Quinton Nelson badly a few times who was the #1 Guard in this past Draft too.

O-lineman get beat from time to time, even the best. Fisher is versatile and has good feet. I could see Pollack getting
something out of him as long as the heart thing is over with.

Yep.

From the same draft profile that was referred to, here is more...
Quote:"Fisher is probably the most accomplished zone tackle in this draft. He fits the zone scheme of the Cincinnati Bengals. Offensive line coach Paul Alexander is really going to like him. He finishes plays; playing through the whistle." -- Mike Mayock

Former tight end who moves easily and naturally. Good initial quickness to reach cross-face blocks. Finisher in zone game. Can sustain blocks with proper hip roll and balance through contact. Keeps base wide and uses choppy, controlled steps in pass sets. Mirrors well and has feet to shut down stunts inside. Well-timed and effortless transition from initial block to second-level assignment. Adjusts with good change of direction. Fights back with resolution after losing a rep to defender. Understands how to create leverage advantages with angles and footwork.

Does the bolded not go hand-in-hand with being a nasty, gritty player or have I always misunderstood what a nasty streak is?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep.

From the same draft profile that was referred to, here is more...

Does the bolded not go hand-in-hand with being a nasty, gritty player or have I always misunderstood what a nasty streak is?

It does go hand in hand with having some nasty to a Lineman. Have to finish and play through the whistle.

Have to have to some fight in yah. Plus this also lists Fisher's smarts as a strength which Pollack has said he needs in his guys.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 12:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So because Fisher got beat by the eventual #3 overall pick in 2016 who has had 23 sacks in the NFL in just 28 games played, it means he can't become a good NFL OT? Even though the skill in NFL is much better than college, most pass rushers are not of Bosa's caliber.

Of course he can become a good OT. Hopefully he is fit to go and no more worries about his health. I just never was that impressed with him at Oregon. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 02:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Of course he can become a good OT. Hopefully he is fit to go and no more worries about his health. I just never was that impressed with him at Oregon. 

I've never been a big fan of those "finesse" OL either but I still liked him more than Ogbuehi.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2018, 10:50 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Hobsin made some good points about guys turning around their career but in general those are the exceptions. 90% of players that play like bums their first few years end up out of the league or career backups.

I have not seen anything from Cedric that makes me believe he will turn around his career.

Yeah, but Ced hasn't even had a below average year yet. He's going into his 4th season and he's never been above down right awful.

We'll see come training camp. He'll either have a role on the OL or he'll be cut. I just don't see Pollack wanting a guy around who isn't useful.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 12:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, but Ced hasn't even had a below average year yet. He's going into his 4th season and he's never been above down right awful.

We'll see come training camp. He'll either have a role on the OL or he'll be cut. I just don't see Pollack wanting a guy around who isn't useful.

He better show something no doubt, this isn't Paul Alexander.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've never been a big fan of those "finesse" OL either but I still liked him more than Ogbuehi.
All very true. 
Reply/Quote