Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobspin at it again
(12-29-2016, 08:55 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He's employed by the Bengals. He's not a freelance writer. 

And he does his job well, based on what the Bengals need him to do.  People can rail against him all they want, but if he wasn't spewing the company-line bullshit someone else would be.  He's a just a symptom of the disease.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm tempted to find someone who knows ZILCH about football, show him nothing but Hobspin articles, and then see how many Super Bowls he assumes we have won in the past 15 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't see how that turd has a job, I heard his professional writing even sucks. All he is, is Mike browns pr guy.
Reply/Quote
When Dan Hoard, or Jim O, or even our own Wolf write a piece i read it. They are good at what they do.

This guy is the worst i have heard. Sunshine and rainbows while your team sucks. The future looks so bright with these coaches who just flushed our season down the toilet. If we keep PA i will literally puke, dude does nothing for this team, would be better without an O-line coach than with him. That is how bad he is and this season proved it.
Reply/Quote
I never liked Hobson. I sent in a response one time and he gave me a dumb answer. Like I was wasting his time.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
He was on Sports Talk last night with Lance. It was...something. I'm not even sure what the best word choice would be to describe it. Amazing, maddening, hilarious, ridiculous, dishonest, and puppeteer all come to mind.

I was in the car, and I actually offerred up a couple of rebuttals and "are you f'n kidding me's" to myself, or to no one in particular. Being that I'm not a total psycho, it's not to often I talk to myself in the car. It takes a real doosie on talk radio to get me to engage.

He managed to bring the AJ Green excuse, and threw in Tyler Eifert for good measure. Forget that we were already out of it when AJ went down. Logic be damned. Lets reach for excuses like Lippencott reaches for donuts. He cried poor, saying we could afford Dre and not Zeitler, which is laughable with our cap situation and it set to increase over 12 mil. He closed by going on a long diatribe of why the future is bright and why were in good shape.

It made me feel 33.3% nautious, 33.3% angry, and 33.3% amused. I mean, c'mon on, man. Have you no shame? I don't know how he does it. Writing it is bad enough, but saying it, on the station, with that amount of listeners... Good Lord. I'm almost impressed in a way.

What a freakin clown. Fitting when you're directly employed by a circus. I just hope there's not too many who are stupid enough to believe this garbage.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 05:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He was on Sports Talk last night with Lance.  It was...something. I'm not even sure what the best word choice would be to describe it.  Amazing, maddening, hilarious, ridiculous, dishonest, and puppeteer all come to mind.

I was in the car, and I actually offerred up a couple of rebuttals and "are you f'n kidding me's" to myself, or to no one in particular. Being that I'm not a total psycho, it's not to often I talk to myself in the car. It takes a real doosie on talk radio to get me to engage.

He managed to bring the AJ Green excuse, and threw in Tyler Eifert for good measure. Forget that we were already out of it when AJ went down. Logic be damned. Lets reach for excuses like Lippencott reaches for donuts. He cried poor, saying we could afford Dre and not Zeitler, which is laughable with our cap situation and it set to increase over 12 mil. He closed by going on a long diatribe of why the future is bright and why were in good shape.

It made me feel 33.3% nautious, 33.3% angry, and 33.3% amused.  I mean, c'mon on, man. Have you no shame?  I don't know how he does it.  Writing it is bad enough, but saying it, on the station, with that amount of listeners... Good Lord. I'm almost impressed in a way.

What a freakin clown. Fitting when you're directly employed by a circus. I just hope there's not too many who are stupid enough to believe this garbage.

Is there ever an off season when they don't claim to be out of money before it even begins?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 06:18 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Is there ever an off season when they don't claim to be out of money before it even begins?

Every year I've been on the boards (I rarely read his articles, but he always comes up on the boards).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote