Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authoritarianism: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
It's funny and sad that we even have to have this conversation.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Filipino chicks are hot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
People love power and cruelty as answers to everything as long as they are brainwashed to believe they will not be subject to it.
(03-04-2019, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People love power and cruelty as answers to everything as long as they are brainwashed to believe they will not be subject to it.

It comes down to the very appealing mindset that people want to have:

Why are things bad?  Because of people who don't look/think like me.

What will make things better?  More people looking/thinking like me.

And how did things get this bad in the first place?  Why isn't my life the success I've been told anyone in this country can have?  Why, because we have been TOO NICE to people who don't look and think like me!  We've been too nice, too long and it's time to crack down for my safety and my prosperity.
(03-04-2019, 12:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Filipino chicks are hot.

I had some cute filipino friends in high school. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-04-2019, 02:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I had some cute filipino friends in high school. 

I had a few "meh" dates with a filipino gal a few years ago and we went to a Chinese restaurant and they gave her a menu that was in Mandarin/Cantonese/Chinese.  I was like geez, you'd figure they should be able to tell you people apart...or something.
(03-04-2019, 03:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I had a few "meh" dates with a filipino gal a few years ago and we went to a Chinese restaurant and they gave her a menu that was in Mandarin/Cantonese/Chinese.  I was like geez, you'd figure they should be able to tell you people apart...or something.

No kidding.  I can spot a Canadian in plenty of time to turn and head the opposite direction.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall