Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hodge or Spence?
Whats the final verdict on the FA Hodge making the cut? Once again I think he showed good pass rush skills and also some Run D. Spence did not show me much today...I think Hodge makes it.
Reply/Quote
Easy Hodge
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hodge. Don’t think it is close tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Hodge
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hodge
Reply/Quote
It has to be Hodge. Spence got a few good pressures, but he got side stepped each time.
Reply/Quote
Why not both
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why not both

This.  Have a plastic surgeon stitch them together like Siamese twins.  

The "Spodge" would only take one roster spot but provide four strong arms and legs.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  Have a plastic surgeon stitch them together like Siamese twins.  

The "Spodge" would only take one roster spot but provide four strong arms and legs.

How would you like to be called the Spodge? I don't know about you, but it sounds too much like the remains of an unwanted pregnancy..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hodge. He has a faster get off and closes in faster
Spence showed me very little today
Reply/Quote
I think Hendrickson, Hubbard, Sample, Kareem, Hodge and eventually Ossai isn’t a bad group of rushers. Pretty happy with the Dline in comparison to last year.
Reply/Quote
Hodge for sure. I'd love it if they worked out a trade for an edge player we could put in the rotation for either a late rd pick or the other kicker. I'm liking the outlook for this defense just a little worried about the depth at end.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  Have a plastic surgeon stitch them together like Siamese twins.  

That made me chuckle. "Spodge" would definitely give opposing quarterbacks nightmares along with any small children watching the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:21 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Whats the final verdict on the FA Hodge making the cut? Once again I think he showed good pass rush skills and also some Run D. Spence did not show me much today...I think Hodge makes it.

Spence did fairly well given he is coming off an injury and has had virtually no time with the team, but Hodge just keeps making himself known.  I love how he isn't always taking a massive arc and taking himself out of the play (Dunlap) but he has inside moves and SPEED to give the offensive line fits.  

This guy could end up being the find of the season.  He deserves to be on the 53 man and should be playing where Ossai was going to play.  He's that consistently good.  
Reply/Quote

He would be a beast in a 2 gap system.
Reply/Quote
Hodge definitely. Spence did not look confident. I watched him closely as I was excited for the pickup. If you look at this feet he had a lot of stutter steps in his first move which costs him explosiveness. Something coaching can fix, but Hodge is clearly the better player.
Reply/Quote
I am definitely Team Hodge. I was impressed and think he would be a great addition to the DLine rotation.
Reply/Quote
Team hodge all day long.
Reply/Quote
Hodge has earned his spot as the last DE, IMO.
With that said, now that Ossai is out, I would still be very concerned about the pass rush if Hendrickson or Hubbard went down.
But Hodge has impressed me so far to at least make me think he could turn into something with time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hodge coming in with fresh legs to rush.
Reply/Quote