Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holding Calls
(08-19-2019, 09:11 AM)pally Wrote: And who exactly is going to supplant him?  Eifert will never be an every down player.  Sample one day may be but he is nor there yet.  Uzomah had a bad couple of series, but he, at the moment, is still the best overall TE we have

Uzomah is a decent tight end and hes good for a spot start every now and then, but he's not the guy I foresee being there on every down. That will eventually be Sample.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 09:46 AM)Whatever Wrote: Taylor had this to say about it on the mothership...

"Our guys need to be disciplined. Last year in Preseason Week 1, there were 40 offensive holding calls. This year in Preseason Week 1, there were 120 offensive holding calls around the league. "

And in one statement, ZT openly complained more than Marv did about officiating in his entire career.  Please, let this be a trend.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agreed this was, at best, a very ticky tack call even with the right arm close to being outside the pads. I guess I could see how it looked like Uzo was grabbing and locking up the player but I really don't think he was. And of course Steelers players will grab Dunlap by the head, throw him to the ground and still not get called. Sad league we live in these days.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:16 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Agreed this was, at best, a very ticky tack call even with the right arm close to being outside the pads. I guess I could see how it looked like Uzo was grabbing and locking up the player but I really don't think he was. And of course Steelers players will grab Dunlap by the head, throw him to the ground and still not get called. Sad league we live in these days.

You forgot to add stomp on his nuts and kick him in the face 
Reply/Quote
The league is putting and emphasis on holding during the preseason so they are calling every thing that could possibly be a hold.

Hopefully it doesnt go on like this into the regular season because it will kill the entertainment value.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 07:02 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Uzomah got called for holding on this play. If this is holding then there is holding on every play. This is a prime example of an over-zealous official just looking to throw a flag. Just let the players play the damn game and call the obvious penalties. Shit gets old year after year.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1162156303730585602?s=19

Sure was ticky tack that is for sure.

Believe this crew was the worst one in the NFL last season as to calling the most ticky tack calls, i could be 
wrong but this is what i remember. You are correct, shit gets old.
Reply/Quote
Vince McMahon has to be smiling after 2 weeks of NFL preseason.
Reply/Quote