Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Administration Levies Russian Sanctions
(03-21-2018, 08:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Didn't we warn Russia that it was happening?

Yes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-21-2018, 11:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/trump-signs-bill-to-modernize-government-it-and-cybersecurity/

A group of grand standers resigning to virtue signal is irrelevant.  I agree we have issues but for you to clamp down on trump for this like a dog on a chew toy is just way over the top.

Apparently Trump's naive willingness to work on cyber protection with Putin and his inability to admit Russia attacked our election to favor him is also irrelevant.  People trying to protect the country from lax leadership in defense are "virtue signalling." 

Clamping down on a Commander in chief who refuses to admit who attacked us for a year is just way over the top.
That could have no effect on readiness lol.

People trying to protect the country from lax leadership in defense are "virtue signalling."  

Congress pushes Trump to sign their bill--your proof he is on the job.
(03-21-2018, 12:46 PM)Dill Wrote: Apparently Trump's naive willingness to work on cyber protection with Putin and his inability to admit Russia attacked our election to favor him is also irrelevant.  People trying to protect the country from lax leadership in defense are "virtue signalling." 

Clamping down on a Commander in chief who refuses to admit who attacked us for a year is just way over the top.
That could have no effect on readiness lol.

People trying to protect the country from lax leadership in defense are "virtue signalling."  

Congress pushes Trump to sign their bill--your proof he is on the job.

So your fix for this would be to trust a Democrat led congress? The same party who was so incompetent to not secure their data and network at the DNC after the fbi came in to warn them? On this matter the GOP at least secured the RNC.

You are just bent over the Republicans being in control. Which is fine but to pretend they are the white knights on cyber security is laughable.
(03-21-2018, 03:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So your fix for this would be to trust a Democrat led congress? The same party who was so incompetent to not secure their data and network at the DNC after the fbi came in to warn them?   On this matter the GOP at least secured the RNC.  

You are just bent over the Republicans being in control.   Which is fine but to pretend they are the white knights on cyber security is laughable.

Any rational person with some knowledge of government and world affairs should be "bent over" because of the Trump presidency and the Republican support which enables it.

The Democratic Congresspersons are not the same people who controlled the DNC's server and ignored FBI warnings.

For the record, we don't really know that the RNC wasn't hacked; in any case, disrupting Trump's election bid was not the goal.  Putin's goal was to weaken the U.S. and so worked to defeat Hillary, not Trump.  That is working beautifully for him.

You still don't quite get the point. Mike Pence, were he president, would be defending the US. Cruz or Kasich or Rubio or Bush would have stood by May and roundly condemned Russia, had they been elected. They would not have congratulated Putin on his win, a propaganda victory for the Kremlin.

This is not a Republican/Democratic thing so much as a specific and unique problem--a president who is unfit to lead and in Russia's pocket.  Stop circling around inside the sheep barn with all the other Trumpsters who cannot figure out why everyone is so mean and critical of an undiplomatic chief diplomat.  Come out into the sunlight.
(03-21-2018, 08:10 PM)Dill Wrote: Any rational person with some knowledge of government and world affairs should be "bent over" because of the Trump presidency and the Republican support which enables it.

The Democratic Congresspersons are not the same people who controlled the DNC's server and ignored FBI warnings.

For the record, we don't really know that the RNC wasn't hacked; in any case, disrupting Trump's election bid was not the goal.  Putin's goal was to weaken the U.S. and so worked to defeat Hillary, not Trump.  That is working beautifully for him.

You still don't quite get the point. Mike Pence, were he president, would be defending the US. Cruz or Kasich or Rubio or Bush would have stood by May and roundly condemned Russia, had they been elected. They would not have congratulated Putin on his win, a propaganda victory for the Kremlin.

This is not a Republican/Democratic thing so much as a specific and unique problem--a president who is unfit to lead and in Russia's pocket.  Stop circling around inside the sheep barn with all the other Trumpsters who cannot figure out why everyone is so mean and critical of an undiplomatic chief diplomat.  Come out into the sunlight.

Show me where trump is in russia’s Pocket.
(03-21-2018, 08:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Show me where trump is in russia’s Pocket.

I am not sure what would count as evidence for you. There is his denial of Russian interference in the election (which leaves us more vulnerable to attack), his unwillingness to say ANYTHING critical of Putin, not to mention undisclosed financial relations with Russian business entities which alone would be enough to scotch a high security clearance.

While our allies stand together condemning the fake election in Russia, Trump, the nation's foremost diplomat, congratulates the increasingly bad actor Putin on the international stage and in the name of the U.S.

And remind me why Tillerson was fired?

What is the sense in looking past all that?  
(03-21-2018, 09:19 PM)Dill Wrote: I am not sure what would count as evidence for you. There is his denial of Russian interference in the election (which leaves us more vulnerable to attack), his unwillingness to say ANYTHING critical of Putin, not to mention undisclosed financial relations with Russian business entities which alone would be enough to scotch a high security clearance.

While our allies stand together condemning the fake election in Russia, Trump, the nation's foremost diplomat, congratulates the increasingly bad actor Putin on the international stage and in the name of the U.S.

And remind me why Tillerson was fired?

What is the sense in looking past all that?  

1. First in google search btw
Quote:U.S. President Donald Trump has acknowledged Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential elections. Asked whether Trump acknowledges that Russians not only tried to meddle, but interfered and influenced the 2016 election, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders answered affirmatively. "Absolutely. And the President has acknowledged that multiple times before… I think one of the places where you guys seem to get very confused, and it seems to happen regularly – the President hasn't said that Russia didn't meddle. What he is saying is it didn't have an impact, and it certainly wasn't with help from the Trump campaign," she said at a press briefing on February 20, 2018. Read also U.S. mulling more sanctions against Russia – Tillerson "It's very clear that Russia meddled in the election. It's also very clear that it didn't have an impact on the election. And it's also very clear that the Trump campaign didn't collude with the Russians in any way for this process to take place," she added.

2. Yes congratulating Putin was not recommended but let’s be serious it’s not like we haven’t congratulated bad actors in the past who win corrupt elections. Not excusing it but it is just par for the course.

3. I thought tillerson was a Russian hack? https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/12/world/europe/rex-tillersons-company-exxon-has-billions-at-stake-over-russia-sanctions.html

All of this Russia stuff is so over blown. Fact is every country meddles in each other’s affairs. We have a wire inside the Germans chancellors office, we meddled in israel’s Elections to get a new PM.

If we got hacked then tighten up cyber security, which trump is doing. Not much else we can do except piss and moan about stuff we can’t control now. That horse is out of the barn now.
I'm surprised this wasn't jumped on by some people: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-administration-expels-60-russian-officers-shuts-seattle-consulate-in-response-to-attack-on-former-spy-in-britain/2018/03/26/8ada3d8e-30f0-11e8-8bdd-cdb33a5eef83_story.html?utm_term=.e24c04bf2277

Quote:The Trump administration on Monday ordered the expulsion of 60 Russian intelligence and diplomatic officers in New York and Washington and the closure of the Russian Consulate in Seattle, joining European allies in retaliation for the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Britain.

Twelve Russian diplomats at the United Nations in New York and 48 at the Russian Embassy in Washington face expulsion by the U.S. government for what senior administration officials described as covert intelligence operations that undermine U.S. national security.

The U.S. government also ordered the Russian Consulate in Seattle closed by April 2. Senior administration officials said they believe it has served as a key outpost in Russia’s intelligence operations, in part because of its proximity to a U.S. submarine base as well as Boeing manufacturing facilities.

Monday’s actions were in response to the March 4 nerve agent attack in Salisbury, England, which was blamed on Russia and critically injured a former spy, Sergei Skripal, and his daughter Yulia. The show of solidarity was especially notable because Britain’s plan to leave the European Union has strained relations with many of the country’s neighbors.

Excellent job on this one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-26-2018, 01:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm surprised this wasn't jumped on by some people: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-administration-expels-60-russian-officers-shuts-seattle-consulate-in-response-to-attack-on-former-spy-in-britain/2018/03/26/8ada3d8e-30f0-11e8-8bdd-cdb33a5eef83_story.html?utm_term=.e24c04bf2277

Ah I read about it, but have yet to determine how it fits into my Putin owns Trump narrative. A toughie, so to say.

And yeah, well done. 14 European countries joined. My own sorry country, not so much, btw.
Nice work, Trump. He grew some balls on Russia and did what needed to be done. He should be commended for this move.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-26-2018, 02:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Nice work, Trump. He grew some balls on Russia and did what needed to be done. He should be commended for this move.

Does it matter that when he called Putin to congratulate him, he axed for permission to expel those Russians? Putin said, sure go ahead comrade, give those right wingers something. ThumbsUp
(03-26-2018, 01:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm surprised this wasn't jumped on by some people: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-administration-expels-60-russian-officers-shuts-seattle-consulate-in-response-to-attack-on-former-spy-in-britain/2018/03/26/8ada3d8e-30f0-11e8-8bdd-cdb33a5eef83_story.html?utm_term=.e24c04bf2277

I think it's because it goes against the opinion of those on here that obsessed by Trump.  Most folks that do not suffer from the obsession just went about their business and those that are obsessed by Trump did not want to shine light on this. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]