Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holocaust- Bomb The Tracks?
(10-10-2019, 03:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1  How do you know how connected all of the tracks were back then?  How many alternate routes could just go around a bombed section?

2  Like I said, it would cause big craters in the ground, which wouldn't make it an easy repair.  It would also keep the Germans occupied with men and supplies.  

3  German planes can't cover everywhere.  

It's not like it would require that many planes or bombs.

How many millions of lives could have been saved?

You're trying to make it more simple than it was, in hindsight. 

As has been pointed out, the logisitics and man-power make it difficult. As well as has been pointed out, at the time, the depth of the killing wasn't as well known. It's not like the nazi's were letting everyone know, "hey, we're killing millions of Jews over here!". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Um......  no.

And which question do you mean because a few have rose from the original question of why didn't they bomb the tracks, and I have countered answers like "because they could have rebuilt them quickly"?

Brad...you do this ALL the time. And i get your intent. Ask a question and ponder why it wasn't done differently. Discussion. I get it.

The problem is...you make a point and it comes across like you have all the answers and why didn't they do it that way?  

In most cases, hindsight gives you the answer to what should have been done, but when it's explained to you why it wasn't done that way, you almost take it personally and insist that it could have been, instead of just discussing and accepting when a valid answer is given. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 10:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're trying to make it more simple than it was, in hindsight. 

As has been pointed out, the logisitics and man-power make it difficult. As well as has been pointed out, at the time, the depth of the killing wasn't as well known. It's not like the nazi's were letting everyone know, "hey, we're killing millions of Jews over here!". 

As I pointed out, in 1944 (at the latest) they knew for sure.

However, what do they think was happening?  They were somehow cramming millions of Jews into concentration camps after they got off trains?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 02:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: As I pointed out, in 1944 (at the latest) they knew for sure.

However, what do they think was happening?  They were somehow cramming millions of Jews into concentration camps after they got off trains?

Why did Washington cross the Delaware when he could have just taken the freeway? Gas was really cheap back then ya know.. Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 02:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: As I pointed out, in 1944 (at the latest) they knew for sure.

Maybe they were thinking the samething, when they took all the Japanese Americans to their camps?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 03:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe they were thinking the samething, when they took all the Japanese Americans to their camps?

Comparing apples to oranges.

Japan attacked the United States and Japanese-Americans were taken to interment camps in fear that they could be spies or be dangerous to the country's security.

Also, they weren't stripped of all their belongings, nor did they have everything taken from them like their homes and even recognition as people.  No one thought that there was even a possibility that the Japanese-Americans were being murdered in masses.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 05:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Comparing apples to oranges.

Japan attacked the United States and Japanese-Americans were taken to interment camps in fear that they could be spies or be dangerous to the country's security.

Also, they weren't stripped of all their belongings, nor did they have everything taken from them like their homes and even recognition as people.  No one thought that there was even a possibility that the Japanese-Americans were being murdered in masses.

Why do you debate/ask questions when you already know everything? It doesn't make sense. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It seems someone has 20/20 hindsight vision because of the wonderful effects of those new rose colored corrective lenses.. No names of course. Ninja

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 11:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why do you debate/ask questions when you already know everything? It doesn't make sense. 

Nice cop-out and way to resort to insults when you had no response, but this one makes even less sense because I didn't ask about the Japanese-American camps but rather was responding to the post.

Sad.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Nice cop-out and way to resort to insults when you had no response, but this one makes even less sense because I didn't ask about the Japanese-American camps but rather was responding to the post.

Sad.

Two things.

1. 10+ people have given you reasons and you've dismissed them all but one because, it appears, they're not what you want to hear. 

2. It looks like you're missing the part where you are "resort(ing) to insults" in the very post you are claiming someone is 'resorting to insults'. 

3. I'm sure you will try and explain that away somehow. 

4. This could have been an interesting (actually it has been by others) topic to read/discuss, but it's just turned into another 'i know what they should have done' thread where you dismiss/argue against anything that doesn't agree with your stance. 

5. I never thought it was a "stupid idea" from the beginning and i have no doubt it was discussed/considered at the time. 

6. You create "discuss" threads but you're not really willing to discuss.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think "BS you've chosen to focus on" and your hinting that Fred has ever had any effect on me, which you came out and admitted in this post, are personal attacks?

False.  I just call out Fred on bogus posts.  Saying that he gets me all worked up fits your preconceived opinion about me. 

It wouldn't have taken a terribly large amount of time to plan a mission to bomb the tracks, especially since there is a photo from one plane's bomb hatch that shows the tracks below.

Historians continue to search for answers, which you see on a simple Google search, yet you seem to think you know the answer.

My college history professor, who taught a class on the Holocaust, didn't have the answer, but you do?

You act like it would have taken a large amount of resources to bomb some railroad tracks.  The Germans would have had to fix them, occupying supplies and men, or they could have bombed them so badly that they couldn't be fixed, saving millions of lives.

Only 6 camps were death camps.  

Bombing them also wouldn't have been an easy fix, especially if the land was badly destroyed.

We knew by 1941 (or 42 at the latest) because the Polish government was in exile in England and told of everything.

If everything was done, why do historians still question why bombing the tracks didn't happen?

So there were 6 dedicated "death camps". This does NOT delegitimize the thousands of other detention facilities located all around Europe at the time. There were over 42,500 ghetto's back then where people were killed, starved, beaten and all manner of horrible things happening to them on a massive scale. Just bombing the tracks to Auchwitz and a few others still wouldn't have made a dent in what was going on at the time and would have dragged the war on for several more years and very likely resulted in the deaths of far more people. The goal of allied forces was not to save Jews. The goal was to win the war at all costs and destroy the Nazi war making apparatus in it's entirety. Like it or not Jews were not a popular group to try to defend in the 1920s, 1930s nor the 1940s. To the powers that be at the time Jews were mere casualties of war as were millions of ordinary German, Russian, French, English and many other nationalities. No major powers of the day were going to cease the offensive war against Germany to protect anyone much less the Jews of Europe.
You can look for any reason you want to justify whatever you want and it still isn't going to make the powers at the time go back and say, "Oh gee...maybe we should have flown a few missions to bomb the tracks to Auchwitz and other death camps and forget about defeating Germany for awhile." when at that point in time millions of others were getting killed for several other reasons. It was simply low priority at the time and wouldn't have changed the outcome of defeating Nazi Germany. Any other ad hominem attacks at people on this board is you trying to make your initial post look far more legitimate than it ever should have been in the first place. 

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Nice cop-out and way to resort to insults when you had no response, but this one makes even less sense because I didn't ask about the Japanese-American camps but rather was responding to the post.

Sad.

Hilarious
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote