Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Holy ********* Crazy

..in a play entitled "Shakespeare In The Park" put on by the New York Theatre.

Now that some of you are back down to earth, this another example of the violent, despicable, and vile nature of the left.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/12/trump-like-julius-caesar-assassinated-in-new-york-play-delta-bank-of-america-pull-funding/?utm_term=.6eca37f89411

Delta, Bank of America, and now American Express have pulled funding.
(06-13-2017, 05:51 PM)Vlad Wrote:  

Now that some of you are back down to earth, this another example of the violent, despicable, and vile nature of the left.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/12/trump-like-julius-caesar-assassinated-in-new-york-play-delta-bank-of-america-pull-funding/?utm_term=.6eca37f89411

People wrote/produced something...other people don't want to fund it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-13-2017, 05:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: People wrote/produced something...other people don't want to fund it.

You sweet transvestite !

(For the squares, that's the actual song lyric. Don't harsh my mellow.)
(06-13-2017, 05:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That...

#1. Refusing to fund someone's play isn't stifling free speech. Unless you believe that they are required to donate their money to fund people's plays.

#2. Promoting the assassination of your country's president isn't free speech.

Shakespeare was doing that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-13-2017, 11:31 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:
You keep trying to change the debate.  Sadly, for you, I'm not allowing you to.
 The point, which is clearly and abundantly made, is that religious extremism can only be combated by confronting it and forcing it to conform to the values of a secular society.  Now, if it refuses to do so, then its place in a society that values this, like pretty much every "western" nation, will be disruptive and will require a response.  The fact that people like you want to mitigate the extremism by coddling its perpetrators as victims of imperialism or western subjugation merely enables the problem.  The issue is really not that complex, some behavior is acceptable and some is not.  I'm not going to excuse unacceptable behavior by anyone because they think they have divine permission to act in an unacceptable manner.  You keep looking for root causes while ignoring the teachings of the religion used to validate that behavior.  Essentially you're looking at the branches and wondering how they hold the tree up.

For a while the debate was about whether someone called you a "racist" because you would malign and target a whole religion via the actions of some.
You have claimed that numerous times and numerous times refused to provide an example. Let's see if that continues.

So now by avoiding the topic you raised yourself, you are not "allowing" me to "change the debate,"
which you've decided is about controlling religious extremism (but not other kinds apparently).  Islam has become a police matter and you are ready to "confront and force." Maybe "subjugate" is a better word. No more talk about root causes, after garbling your authoritarian history of secularization. Leaving only authoritarian options in the confrontation you imagine. So now that the issue is "not really that complex," back to defending your views in authoritarian style, with unsupported assertions about what powerful you will not "excuse."

Of course you cannot cite anyone who wants to "mitigate extremism" by "coddling its perpetrators as victims of imperialism or western subjugation."  Very likely "mitigating extremism" would turn out to be upholding those very secular values you would so violently champion.  Time to stop me from "changing the debate" again, lol, "sadly" for me. And you also have no examples of anyone "ignoring teachings"--except perhaps yourself in your selective reading and exclusion of practice.

Does understanding root causes "enable the problem"? Does reducing an entire world religion millions of peaceful followers to a violent ideology of people who only understand your force solve it? Our own foreign policy over the last 60 years might offer an answer, were you familiar with it. Not to mention the history of monotheism since Roman times.
(06-13-2017, 11:04 PM)Dill Wrote: Of course you cannot cite anyone who wants to "mitigate extremism" by "coddling its perpetrators as victims of imperialism or western subjugation." 

I literally just quoted one.
(06-13-2017, 11:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I literally just quoted one.

A quip.

And just yesterday you were going to show how logic, common sense and education worked.

Even this morning, people could not ignore your arguments or you would bid them "good day."  

But then your arguments weren't ignored, and this afternoon you turned to police style, all force and bald assertion. Your new topic or the highway.

And now tonight, we are at a point where you can neither explain nor demonstrate nor argue, only point and repeat.

Again.
(06-14-2017, 01:49 AM)Dill Wrote: A quip.

So we are at a point where you can neither explain nor demonstrate nor argue, only point and repeat.

Again.

You get arguments, you discount them.  

[Image: advice-animals-memes-animal-memes-chemis...tence2.jpg]
(06-14-2017, 02:05 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You get arguments, you discount them.  
[Image: advice-animals-memes-animal-memes-chemis...tence2.jpg]

I get arguments. They are not good; some are not really arguments. I question and refute them. (Jeezus, have you never read a Platonic dialogue?)

And then I get pictures.

Bald assertion with bells and whistles--a picture quip. Like an argument but safer.
(06-13-2017, 05:51 PM)Vlad Wrote:  

Terrible! Vile Shakespeare and the left.

Er, wasn't the play entitled "Julius Caesar"?  He was a Roman or something. One of the best. The greatest.
(06-14-2017, 02:07 AM)Dill Wrote: I get arguments. They are not good; some are not really arguments. I question and refute them. (Jeezus, have you never read a Platonic dialogue?)

And then I get pictures.

Bald assertion with bells and whistles--a picture quip. Like an argument but safer.

You get what you deserve at this point.