Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homage to Bengals Worst Draft Pick of All-Time - A Chain-Smoking TE
(09-20-2017, 01:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You also have to consider the bounty of picks we turned down to take Akili.

But I agree, Brewer vs Akili is almost apples to oranges. Brewer was probably the dumbest pick without hindsight.

Yeah Champ Bailey and Chris Samuels or Lavar Arrington would have looked good on our roster. Bailey especially.

Although we may have taken David Boston from OSU.
Reply/Quote
I guess it depends on what we mean by “dumbness”.

Both picks were space cadet specials. I thought about Akili because we turned down a bevy of picks to take a QB whose scouting report said lacked pocket presence and touch on passes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I honestly think Akili's biggest hindrance was his mind and not being able to learn a pro offense. He was a 1 year wonder at Oregon too.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 01:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah Champ Bailey and Chris Samuels or Lavar Arrington would have looked good on our roster. Bailey especially.

Although we may have taken David Boston from OSU.

Ah David Boston, the WR who was built like a linebacker.

[Image: 2495d1064528824-david-boston-causing-sti...go-bos.jpg]

The dude had to be on steroids through his career. He was busted for PEDs in 2005 and 2006. Plus he flamed out at 26 years old after a rash of soft tissue injuries, which happens often with steroid use. When he was at his peak he was considered a freak of nature, pushing DBs aside with ease. He caught 98 passes for 1598 yards in 2001.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi, Rivers, Akili, Perry, damn i can go on forever
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 03:04 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ogbuehi,  Rivers, Akili, Perry,  damn i can go on forever

Dennard

Margus Hunt was a terrible pick. He was like 26 when we drafted him in the 2nd Round. He's another guy that had freakish combine stats and measurables that we reached on. But, when you don't have a ton of scouts...you have to rely on workouts a lot.
Reply/Quote