Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John McCain dies
Senator John McCain has passed away from brain cancer. He was 81.

Godspeed, John!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sen-john-mccain-independent-voice-gop-establishment-dies-81-n790971
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
It's a sad day in the world.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rest In Peace John McCain. Thank you so much for service and sacrifice to our wonderful country. You will be missed.
Reply/Quote
A nasty disease. It’s what got my brother, Ted Kennedy, Beau Biden and now John McCain.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 12:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: A nasty disease. It’s what got my brother, Ted Kennedy, Beau Biden and now John McCain.

Brain cancer is incredibly fast when it reaches the final stage. They just removed John McCain from treatment yesterday, I believe.

Sorry to hear about your brother. May his memory always be a blessing.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 09:38 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Senator John McCain has passed away from brain cancer. He was 81.

Godspeed, John!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sen-john-mccain-independent-voice-gop-establishment-dies-81-n790971

I have always admired Mr. McCain for his military service (ex-navy myself) but also as a politician.  Never afraid to put country over party.  Interesting man, I read his book "Restless Wave".  I consider my self as a liberal but more of a moderate one. I've voted for both parties and I voted for McCain in 2000 and 2008, just liked the guy.  Hope we can vote in more moderates in both parties to get more done.  Sorry I'll stop now to keep it from being moved to the PnR forum.
Reply/Quote
Rest easy John
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 02:18 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Brain cancer is incredibly fast when it reaches the final stage. They just removed John McCain from treatment yesterday, I believe.

Sorry to hear about your brother. May his memory always be a blessing.

Yeah and a glio is the worst of the worst. The only good thing is there is not any of the pain associated with other end stage cancers. You just go to sleep.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
RIP to one of our counties finest of all time. He would have been up there with the founding fathers had he been born in that period.
Reply/Quote
A true politician who kept the peoples interest close to his heart.A decent person who worked with the other side to get things accomplished.
War hero and life hero.Just glad he isn't suffering any longer.
R.I.P Mr McCain, you did far more to make the USA better instead of only yourself.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 12:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: A nasty disease. It’s what got my brother, Ted Kennedy, Beau Biden and now John McCain.

Sorry to hear about your brother.
Reply/Quote
Thank you about my brother. I didn’t want to make it about him just that I have first hand knowledge of this and it is a death sentence. I think something like 2% make it 3 years and if you make it 5 they pretty much figure they misdiagnosed it. I’ve often wondered if it’s actually a cancer as it doesn’t metasticise.

Anyway it’s odd that it’s pretty rare and yet we’ve had two senators and the Vice President’s son die of it.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 12:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thank you about my brother. I didn’t want to make it about him just that I have first hand knowledge of this and it is a death sentence. I think something like 2% make it 3 years and if you make it 5 they pretty much figure they misdiagnosed it.  I’ve often wondered if it’s actually a cancer as it doesn’t metasticise.

Anyway it’s odd that it’s pretty rare and yet we’ve had two senators and the Vice President’s son die of it.

Actually it can.  It happened to my friend's mother.  She was a wonderful lady.  I agree with you about what a horror it is for those who have it and their loved ones around them.
Reply/Quote
Rest in Peace Mr. McCain. You served our country to the fullest.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 12:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thank you about my brother. I didn’t want to make it about him just that I have first hand knowledge of this and it is a death sentence. I think something like 2% make it 3 years and if you make it 5 they pretty much figure they misdiagnosed it.  I’ve often wondered if it’s actually a cancer as it doesn’t metasticise.

As others have mentioned, sorry to hear about your brother.  My mother did not have the same cancer, hers was in her neck and stage 4, but she survived, same cancer that killed her father when she was 16yo.  It's been 7yrs now and cancer free.  Hope it lasts.

Again sorry for your loss.
Reply/Quote
Just saw that McCain and Kennedy died on the same day of the year. And they had the exact same cancer. Not quite Adams and Jefferson, but pretty wild.

Reply/Quote
A True American and good person overall... he will be missed.
Reply/Quote