Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home field advantage
Hey look I totally get why you wouldn't want to put your hard earned money in mike browns pockets, I haven't been to a game since the Steelers playoff game meltdown. Noticed Sunday was very tame from a noise level on the tv, the stands looked really bare on the second level and all over frankly. Was just looking at tickets for Thur, the prices have plummeted just from a few days ago. Do you think the players pay attention to the lack of enthusiasm? I think we have a really good fan base, just been letdown so many times it's hard to stand tall as a fan. At this point I think it's on the coach owner and players to get us fans back, not the other way around
Reply/Quote
I understand Sunday there wasn't much of anything to cheer about, just in general the past few seasons. Still seems like we're hungover from the Steelers playoff loss
Reply/Quote
I think a loud crowd pumps them up more than a smaller/quieter crowd deflates them. My opinion, the players may disagree, but I've heard players say similar things over the years.

Given the performance yesterday and it being year 26 of the Mike Brown experiment, I don't blame anyone at this point for refusing to give that old fart a dime of their money. I also understand why people like myself and many others still enjoy going. You have to find your Mike Brown tolerance threshold, I guess.

I felt like crud yesterday and stayed home under a blanket on the couch. Glad I did.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yea I can't blame anyone either for not going. I've been to all the playoff games since 05 and there is just something so much better about the game when it's packed, with that being said I'm glad I stayed home Sunday too lol. Thinking about going Thur, night games are pretty cool, just hope people show up
Reply/Quote
If they continue to perform at this level, there will be tumble weed blowing through the stadium by the Indianapolis game.
Reply/Quote
How much does that hurt mike brown financially? I know he makes money regardless. Just wondering if iteven dents his pockets when the stands are empty
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 08:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I felt like crud yesterday and stayed home under a blanket on the couch. Glad I did.

I felt like crud today after that loss. Seeing what I saw literally depressed me. Plus, not sure my liver can take another performance like that. Team is killing me!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A lot of fans don't like Pacman, Burfict, and Mixon. It could be protest.

Reply/Quote
Not much of home field advantage when stadium looks like this for the first game....Maybe more people were on there way in though

edit: other picture was a fraud, my bad

[Image: 636406584648553992-pregame2.jpg]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:46 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: A lot of fans don't like Pacman, Burfict, and Mixon. It could be  protest.

Interesting as I have not seen one fan in this forum who is a season ticket holder mount a protest and give up their tickets due to any players.

I think that is a long shot, but possible I guess.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 05:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not much of home field advantage when stadium looks like this for the first game....

[Image: field-sideline-139.jpg?auto=webp&format=...height=320]

I don't think it was the number of fans as the place gets real loud when we play well. Sunday was just a dud, we could not stop them on 3rd down in spite of the cheering and the noise. The team laid an egg and I didn't leave, but was ready to leave by halftime which has never happened to me before.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Was it really as bare on the second and top levels as cbs made it seem Sunday ? They showed shots at the beginning and halftime. Not everyone was in their seats then, but just seemed like there would be more for the home opener.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 06:22 PM)Bengalindayton Wrote: Was it really as bare on the second and top levels as cbs made it seem Sunday ? They showed shots at the beginning and halftime. Not everyone was in their seats then, but just seemed like there would be more for the home opener.

It's the Marvin Lewis effect. I still love the team and still follow them but I have no faith they'll have any success with Marvin as the coach. It's been too long and it's time for a change. 

I would guess people are just tired of the same old same old, *clap clap* we gotta do better stuff. Why spend $10 a beer and be uncomfortable when I can sit at home, drinking a cold 6...or 12 pack on the couch and when Marvin's boys lay an egg, I can flip over to redzone and watch other action.

Win, and not regular season, win a postseason game, give the fans reason to believe that the organization is serious about success and the fans will come back.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
But but but..those of us who don't spend our money and let the kids go hungry to support the Bengals aren't real fans!
I guess I'm not a real fan. I don't have a bengals man cave nor man crush on any players.. 
I can live with that..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 06:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It's the Marvin Lewis effect. I still love the team and still follow them but I have no faith they'll have any success with Marvin as the coach. It's been too long and it's time for a change. 

I would guess people are just tired of the same old same old, *clap clap* we gotta do better stuff. Why spend $10 a beer and be uncomfortable when I can sit at home, drinking a cold 6...or 12 pack on the couch and when Marvin's boys lay an egg, I can flip over to redzone and watch other action.

Win, and not regular season, win a postseason game, give the fans reason to believe that the organization is serious about success and the fans will come back.

Yep, but I might call it the Marvin/Mike effect.  The slow, steady erosion of our fan base, and by extension, those willing to shell out the moolah to see this team in person.  Yeah, there's the 35-40,000 diehards who'll be there until the last dog dies.  But the excitement and buzz around the team, that drives the casual fan and the last-minute ticket purchaser, that seems to be gone.  By the time of the Pitt game we might be back to early 2000s PBS Bengal/Steeler fan ratios, where it sometimes felt like an away game.  
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, but I might call it the Marvin/Mike effect.  The slow, steady erosion of our fan base, and by extension, those willing to shell out the moolah to see this team in person.  Yeah, there's the 35-40,000 diehards who'll be there until the last dog dies.  But the excitement and buzz around the team, that drives the casual fan and the last-minute ticket purchaser, that seems to be gone.  By the time of the Pitt game we might be back to early 2000s PBS Bengal/Steeler fan ratios, where it sometimes felt like an away game.  

Kinda felt that way last year, at least the perception on TV was that it was an away game. Sadly, it's the only thing that Mike does in fact care about. Empty seats = less money in his pocket.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 05:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not much of home field advantage when stadium looks like this for the first game....Maybe more people were on there way in though

edit: other picture was a fraud, my bad

[Image: 636406584648553992-pregame2.jpg]

This one aint much better.  This is what this stubborn old fool of an owner and his DMV-level-job-security HC have done to our fan base  Pathetic.  Kinda reminds me of those pictures of Rams games in the early '90s.  
Reply/Quote
Sunday wouldn't have made any difference if we had played at home or not. The reason nobody showed up Sunday is because why go? For years we have put up with the legacy of this team!It's getting pretty bad that this team with all the talent  it's  had over the years can't even win a playoff game! Is it MB or ML fault? I don't know, but all things seem to point in that direction. Or is it a team that never seems to have a reason to believe in themselves and think that they aren't good enough to go to the big dance.  If you want something bad enough then you have to reach way down in your gut and find the way to do more than is expected of you! Gaah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, but I might call it the Marvin/Mike effect.  The slow, steady erosion of our fan base, and by extension, those willing to shell out the moolah to see this team in person.  Yeah, there's the 35-40,000 diehards who'll be there until the last dog dies.  But the excitement and buzz around the team, that drives the casual fan and the last-minute ticket purchaser, that seems to be gone.  By the time of the Pitt game we might be back to early 2000s PBS Bengal/Steeler fan ratios, where it sometimes felt like an away game.  

Soon we'll be seeing posts spouting "IF THE FANS WOULD SHOW UP AND CHEER, THE TEAM WOULD PLAY BETTER".

Fifty years of mostly crap says something different.
Reply/Quote
Wow millhouse that's even worse than I thought. Lol damn. The players had to have noticed how bare that was, good hope mike B pays attention.
Reply/Quote