Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home v Away, Small condolences, but at least it's something.
The 2 Bengals games at Paycor have resulted in a close loss (27-24 to Ravens) and a close win (19-16 over Rams)
The 2 blowout losses have come on the road.

This weeks game is at Arizona, and the Bengals historically play bad out west.
However, IF they can somehow eek out a win (can't believe I have to type that) they can return to the friendly confines of home and hopefully pick up another win.

Not gonna lie though, having all this doubt really sucks after the last 2 seasons.
Reply/Quote
I was watching Joe Goodberrys film review of the game against the Titans and he made multiple comments about how defensive lineman were jumping off our snap count. He suggested that the Bengals change the silent count because teams could be on to it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The Bengals better be giving us condolences for forcing us to watch them like this for the first quarter of the season.

In all seriousness, yes, a win this weekend is paramount. Making the playoffs after starting 1-3 isn't impossible, just like 0-2, but it becomes unlikely. Even 1-4 isn't impossible, just even more unlikely. Historically speaking, once you go 1-6, your season is effectively over. There has only ever been one team to start 1-6 and make the playoffs...

The 1970 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 10:14 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Bengals better be giving us condolences for forcing us to watch them like this for the first quarter of the season.

In all seriousness, yes, a win this weekend is paramount. Making the playoffs after starting 1-3 isn't impossible, just like 0-2, but it becomes unlikely. Even 1-4 isn't impossible, just even more unlikely. Historically speaking, once you go 1-6, your season is effectively over. There has only ever been one team to start 1-6 and make the playoffs...

The 1970 Bengals.

Yup

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard the phrase "must win game" I'd have a lot of nickels. 

But this one ranks very high on the must win game list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 10:07 AM)Tomkat Wrote: The 2 Bengals games at Paycor have resulted in a close loss (27-24 to Ravens) and a close win (19-16 over Rams)

However, IF they can somehow eek out a win (can't believe I have to type that) they can return to the friendly confines of home and hopefully pick up another with.

Not gonna lie though, having all this doubt really sucks after the last 2 seasons.

at this rate i see us a Wildcard at best and needing help to get there
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 10:07 AM)Tomkat Wrote: The 2 Bengals games at Paycor have resulted in a close loss (27-24 to Ravens) and a close win (19-16 over Rams)

However, IF they can somehow eek out a win (can't believe I have to type that) they can return to the friendly confines of home and hopefully pick up another win.

You could also argue we're 0-fer against the AFC but we're undefeated against the NFC this year AND our next 3 opponents are all NFC teams.

Look out, we could be 4-3 heading into the Bills game. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:19 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You could also argue we're 0-fer against the AFC but we're undefeated against the NFC this year AND our next 3 opponents are all NFC teams.

Look out, we could be 4-3 heading into the Bills game. ThumbsUp

next 6 teams are all playing well.. (i didnt look past that)
Reply/Quote

No doubt. The Cards beat a very good team already too this season in their place. They are not the doormat everyone thought 
before the season started. Need to win this game to give us a shot at the Playoffs and yes, this really sucks after the last 2 seasons
where we were pretty spoiled with great play from our team. Happens though to most every team. Just didn't expect it this season.

The Burrow injury threw everyone for a loop, the coaches, the players, the fans, everybody...
Reply/Quote
Cards benefited from playing two division opponents and a Cowboys team without 3 start offensive linemen.

Cardinals aren't the Bengals and let backup scrub OL put out a resume against them.

That said, the offense needs to be at least somewhat functional.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 10:14 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Bengals better be giving us condolences for forcing us to watch them like this for the first quarter of the season.

The 1970 Bengals.

A little while ago Lap said that at 1-4 you have a 6% chance for a playoff berth, while a 2-3 team's chances rise to 23%.  He didn't say, but I would assume that's cumulative over both 16 and 17 game seasons.  Regardless, 6% is just plain bad while 23% is damn-near one in four.  Paramount indeed.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote