Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer Bailey SMH
Another elbow surgery. This time for bone spurs and out 4-6 weeks. Likely starts season on DL. Can we just cut him and eat the contract? That way we can at least move on and quit trying to hold a rotation spot for somebody less reliable than Eifert.
Reply/Quote
Has pitched 34 innings the last two years and now this.

It's impossible to forecast injuries, but an easy second guess here that the money should have gone to Cueto.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 08:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Another elbow surgery. This time for bone spurs and out 4-6 weeks. Likely starts season on DL. Can we just cut him and eat the contract? That way we can at least move on and quit trying to hold a rotation spot for somebody less reliable than Eifert.

seems like ten seconds after he got paid, he got waylayed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Welp...

More innings for the youngsters...
Reply/Quote
End result could be one of the worst contracts in Reds history.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 08:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Has pitched 34 innings the last two years and now this.  

It's impossible to forecast injuries,  but an easy second guess here that the money should have gone to Cueto.

This. I'm glad Cueto got his ring, but I wish he would've stayed with us. 
Reply/Quote
Guess somebody else will have to lasso the clubhouse attendants in his absence. What a douchebag.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 08:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Has pitched 34 innings the last two years and now this.  

It's impossible to forecast injuries,  but an easy second guess here that the money should have gone to Cueto.

Not really a second guess when a lot of people really really didn't like the Homer contract the second it was announced.

Can't say I am surprised he's hurt again, though. Next up.. Mesoraco will get hurt 20 games into the season. (Prepare your gasps of surprise, everyone.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm beginning to think he's a hypochondriac and getting paid millions to be one. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 10:56 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm beginning to think he's a hypochondriac and getting paid millions to be one. 

Good work if you can get it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Maybe he'll run for elected office. The idle rich seem popular with voters these days. He's definitely a 'job creator ' giving all the other pitchers jobs instead of himself. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 11:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: Maybe he'll run for elected office. The idle rich seem popular with voters these days. He's definitely a 'job creator ' giving all the other pitchers jobs instead of himself. 

Keep your dirty P&R crossovers from the sacred hall of baseball. Lol

Reply/Quote
Trying to remember.... we had Cueto, Leake, Simon, and Latos maybe? and we picked this guy to give the big contract to? He was generally really good or average at best when he was on the field. Maybe he will pitch really well when/if he comes back, and we can trade him for a highly ranked prospect or two to a team in the playoff race desperate for pitching.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:30 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Trying to remember.... we had Cueto, Leake, Simon, and Latos maybe? and we picked this guy to give the big contract to? He was generally really good or average at best when he was on the field. Maybe he will pitch really well when/if he comes back, and we can trade him for a highly ranked prospect or two to a team in the playoff race desperate for pitching.

Simon was a bullpen pitcher at the time I do believe. Also like 32 or 33.

But yeah, Cueto, Leake, and Latos. Never woulda saw Latos falling off a cliff like that, but Cueto or Leake would sure be nice to have over Bailey.

Reply/Quote