Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer Bailey leading the A’s
Homer is leading the A’s to the playoffs. In his last 7 starts, he has a 1.88 ERA and is 4-0 and he should be 6-0. He went 7 scoreless tonight and got a no decision in the A’s Win. No, I don’t miss him but it’s interesting to see that he’s pitching the best that he has in like 5 years.
Reply/Quote
Good to hear he's doing well, I'm happy for him. But I'm still glad he's gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nothing new with Homer. He goes through streaks of great pitching then horrible pitching. The A's should be aware of it. In other words, he could flop the next start.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
A lot of my posts involve defending Reds and Bengals who are not that bad but are labeled "total garbage" or "the worst in the league". Generally something along the lines of "He is not great, but he is not nearly as bad as you claim". Well, I could not say that about Homer. Not only was he among the absolute worst starters in the league, he was that bad for 4 straight years. From '15 through '18 he started 46 games and went 9-27 with a 6.25 ERA and a 1.68 WHIP. Opponents lit him up for a .311 batting average, .377 OB%, and a .511 slugging percentage.

Among all pitchers with at least 200 innings pitched from '15 through '18 Bailey ranked dead last in ERA, opponents batting average, opponents on base percentage, opponents OPS, and WHIP. His .250 winning percentage was second to last (thanks to Shelby Miller 11-35).

Bailey was literally the worst starting pitcher in major league baseball over that 4 year stretch.
Reply/Quote
I held out hope for Bailey for a very long time, well beyond his expiration date with the Reds.. So the Reds invested all that time and money to rehab him only to let him go once he was ready to actually win again..  That's impeccable timing is it not? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote