Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer Bailey traded to Dodgers!
(12-23-2018, 02:37 AM)kevin Wrote: Once again, I say this staff member of Bengals has the story in reverse.  The news is not that Reds traded Homer Bailey who has done very little in years and is over paid.  The news is that Reds got Wood, Kemp, Puig. 
Those guys look good on paper, we'll see how they do with the Reds.  I still think that the bigger story for the Reds here, is unloading the Homer Bailey contract.  That contract had hamstrung the organization from about the day it was signed.  The Reds now have the freedom to move forward and put that huge error behind them.

I'm certainly hoping that Wood, Kemp and Puig will pull the Reds out of the basement, but I'm betting that LA didn't send them to the Reds because they wanted to do them a favor.  It'll be interesting to see how they work out, as I'm thinking that it has to be a bit of a blow to the ego, to get shipped from one of the top Baseball markets in America to a cellar team in one of the smallest markets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those guys look good on paper, we'll see how they do with the Reds.  I still think that the bigger story for the Reds here, is unloading the Homer Bailey contract.  That contract had hamstrung the organization from about the day it was signed.  The Reds now have the freedom to move forward and put that huge error behind them.

I'm certainly hoping that Wood, Kemp and Puig will pull the Reds out of the basement, but I'm betting that LA didn't send them to the Reds because they wanted to do them a favor.  It'll be interesting to see how they work out, as I'm thinking that it has to be a bit of a blow to the ego, to get shipped from one of the top Baseball markets in America to a cellar team in one of the smallest markets.

Yep,

Dropping Bailey was huge ! The new guys they've acquired are good but they still need more starting pitching.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote