Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer Bailey
(06-13-2018, 11:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: RHP Homer Bailey (right knee inflammation) allowed five runs on six hits in three innings in a rehab start Sunday for Triple-A Louisville.

I heard that, sadly I'd say his MLB career is over. Sad for the Reds and their fans as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When the Reds signed Bailey over Cueto I was upset then and I am even more upset now. It is a horrible contract. Moving Bailey to the Reliever Role will do nothing to improve the team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m wondering if Bailey’s “knee inflammation” is similar to the hamstring/groin strain that football players get in training camp when they want a new contract.
Reply/Quote
Over the last 4 seasons Homer Bailey has a higher ERA (6.25) than any pitcher with at least 200 innings pitched.

Over that span he has only averaged 5.0 innings per start and has a 9-27 record.

He is finished. A pitcher can bounce back from one or two bad seasons, but 2014 was Homers last decent year (and it was cut short by injury).
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last 4 seasons Homer Bailey has a higher ERA (6.25) than any pitcher with at least 200 innings pitched.

Over that span he has only averaged 5.0 innings per start and has a 9-27 record.

He is finished. A pitcher can bounce back from one or two bad seasons, but 2014 was Homers last decent year (and it was cut short by injury).

To be fair, he only pitched a total of like 34 innings in 15 and 16 combined. He still has to rank pretty badly over the last 2 years. If you are the owner of a business, you have to bring him back but on a very short leash. Eventually they will have to eat that crazy contract. The stat that surprises me is that he’s like a 4 career WAR guy. Ouch..
Reply/Quote