Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer faces the ownage
(09-14-2016, 03:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think we beat them in that mosoon game a few years ago at PBS, if that was the last time we played them..

Lost to them the next time, which was the following season, if I remember right.  It was the "on to Cincinnati" game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Lost to them the next time, which was the following season, if I remember right.  It was the "on to Cincinnati" game.

Oh yeah, that game was an absolute bloodbath. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You could say that about the Patriots and anyone. Not hard when you lose 1-2 games a year... 

Patriots/Giants last 7, Pats 4-3

Patriots/Packers last 7, Packers 4-3

Patriots/Broncos last 7, Pats 4-3

Patriots/Ravens last 7, Pats 4-3

Patriots/49ers last 7, 49ers 4-3

Patriots/Seahawks last 7, Seahawks 4-3
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Oh yeah, that game was an absolute bloodbath. 

The offense was pretty good.  Th defense got humbled.  But wasn't that the game where we ran out of LB's?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:38 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Patriots/Giants last 7, Pats 4-3

Patriots/Packers last 7, Packers 4-3

Patriots/Broncos last 7, Pats 4-3

Patriots/Ravens last 7, Pats 4-3

Patriots/49ers last 7, 49ers 4-3

Patriots/Seahawks last 7, Seahawks 4-3

You realize that some of those match ups are going back about 25 years, right? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling we will be adding 1 more to the win column this time around. If i don't see all 11 guys on the field at any given time playing at 110% for 4 whole quarters i will be shocked, we was robbed last time. Now i don't know about you, but there is nothing that upsets me more than being cheated.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:49 PM)IMightBeRight Wrote: I have a feeling we will be adding 1 more to the win column this time around. If i don't see all 11 guys on the field at any given time playing at 110% for 4 whole quarters i will be shocked, we was robbed last time. Now i don't know about you, but there is nothing that upsets me more than being cheated.

Very true, nice post. Feel the same way.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:49 PM)IMightBeRight Wrote: I have a feeling we will be adding 1 more to the win column this time around. If i don't see all 11 guys on the field at any given time playing at 110% for 4 whole quarters i will be shocked, we was robbed last time. Now i don't know about you, but there is nothing that upsets me more than being cheated.

I hope so.  I just can't bring myself to see a win this weekend.  I can't wait until Eifert gets back as well as Burfict.  I think we will keep this thing very close though.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Oh yeah, that game was an absolute bloodbath. 

Of course, some thought it was okay because no was going to beat the Pats that night.

I'm sure some will use the same excuse if it happens again this year because it's Brady's first home game since his suspension. Whatever
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: The offense was pretty good.  Th defense got humbled.  But wasn't that the game where we ran out of LB's?

I don't think so. I think the game you are referring to was years earlier in 2007 when we had the likes of Anthony Schlegel starting in place of injured studs Dhani Jones, Lemar Marshall and Rashad Jeanty. Ahmad Brooks was also hurt too. That's 4 LB's out in the span of two weeks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 04:48 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I don't think so. I think the game you are referring to was years earlier in 2007 when we had the likes of Anthony Schlegel starting in place of injured studs Dhani Jones, Lemar Marshall and Rashad Jeanty. Ahmad Brooks was also hurt too. That's 4 LB's out in the span of two weeks.

Geathers was playing LB.
Reply/Quote
To help some feel better.

6 of those 8 victories came in Pittsburgh. So there's that. Rolleyes
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Of course, some thought it was okay because no was going to beat the Pats that night.

I'm sure some will use the same excuse if it happens again this year because it's Brady's first home game since his suspension. Whatever

Didn't even cross my mind.  The media reach-around is going to be nauseating.  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 02:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Unfortunately, the vast majority of the ownage has occurred at home...which makes it even more frustrating. The Bengals, for whatever reason, play much better in Pittsburgh.

I'm so tired of seeing the Steelers leave PBS victorious.  Sick

I want so badly to see them sweep Pitt this year, and even more so, embarrass them at PBS! 

This X 3.14159... for 16 years I've been going to the series home game including the playoff games and have NEVER seen them down right embarrassed in Cincy! I want them to beat them so bad at home this year, Steeler fans are leaving in the 3rd quarter!

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You realize that some of those match ups are going back about 25 years, right? 

I just did the last 7 games they played, just like I did the last 7 for the ones before, I don't make up the schedules and how often they play.

Yes, everybody knows that the Pats have been the most consistent team since 2001, just like the Steelers have been the most consistent franchise since 1972.

Number of losing seasons from 1972 forward:

Steelers 6
Broncos 8
Dolphins 10
Cowboys 12
Buffalo 12
Vikings 13
Packers 14
Redskins 15
49ers 17
Eagles 17
Jets 19
Giants 20
Bengals 20
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Lost to them the next time, which was the following season, if I remember right.  It was the "on to Cincinnati" game.

That game was eerily similar to 2006. The Bengals were 3-0 and becoming media darlings in both instances. Then the Pats come in with an epic beat down both times.

I'm pretty sure the Pats were pissed about all the "Brady is washed up" talk (he played awful for 3 games) and they were also getting revenge for losing in Cincy the previous year. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, it is amazing how many ways we have found to lose to these cheaters.

The league (cough.... the refs .... cough cough) has helped a lot.  These "clarification" of rules (not changes to them mind you) after the games is just pathetic.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Tomlin > Marv Ninja
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, it is amazing how many ways we have found to lose to these cheaters.

Let's kick some coach-ass!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Of course, some thought it was okay because no was going to beat the Pats that night.

If I recall, Andy played really really well. Nobody was stopping him. The rest of the team however didn't show up.
Reply/Quote