Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honest Assessment of the Steelers
(10-15-2018, 05:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In 2005 the Bengals were better than the Steelers. Other than that...im not sure. 

They swept the division in 2009.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since 2011

Bengals record against teams other than Pitt.....66-35-2
Pitt record against teams other than Bengals.....64-38-1

Since 2011 the Steelers have only ONE season where they won a playoff game against a team other than the Bengals.

It has been a while since they could claim to be the class of the AFC.

History means nothing, remember.  They'll tear Pitt a new one in Pittsburgh!
Reply/Quote
This year we may have to settle for dropping both to them because come week 16, they won’t matter. We’re going to win the north and rest our starters that game so we can prepare for the playoffs.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The proof is in the Superbowl wins, You can spout off statistics about wins, losses, sweeps, whatever, but a BIG fat ZERO remains in the W column for Superbowls
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:29 PM)McC Wrote: Honest assessment of the Steelers? In all the time Marvin has been here, how often has he had the better team?

The Steelers are almost always better. It suxx being handled like we are by them but why is it such a shock that it would happen? New England has owned their division for all of Brady's career.

If anything, beating the Steelers is usually going to be an upset.

Our defense is under manned and having guys in the secondary dropping nearly ever play didn't help.

We were a bad team last year. We've come a long way in a year. But there is still farther to go. It's pretty hard to turn it all around in a year.

But we went toe to toe with the big bad wolf yesterday and didn't blink and came within one really bad defensive call from pulling out a W.

A little perspective is not such a bad thing.
Still pretending this years diffrent?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The defense was banged up.  Blatant holds on Bengal's defensive line.  A clear illegal pick toward the end of the game; which may have put the Steeler's out of FG range for their kicker plus a run off of 10 second penalty.  

Bengals are in first place.  I know there are problems on defense, and the WR choked not holding on seemingly easily passes by Dalton.  Nevertheless, the Bengals are just as good if not better than the Steelers.  

Bengals have major issues at backer and safety.  They also cannot solve the conundrum of covering TE to save their life.  Still work to do for sure.  I can see the Bengals going into their house and beating them.  They need Ross and Price back though.

I am in this camp. 

By the end of the game half our defense was hurt. McRae was covering Antonio Brown for goodness sakes and they still had to pick him. 

The defense just needs to get healthy. My biggest concern is still the OL though. 

Never thought starting 4-2 while suffering numerous injuries would bring such doom and gloom to the Jungle. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 01:29 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I am in this camp. 

By the end of the game half our defense was hurt. McRae was covering Antonio Brown for goodness sakes and they still had to pick him. 

The defense just needs to get healthy. My biggest concern is still the OL though. 

Never thought starting 4-2 while suffering numerous injuries would bring such doom and gloom to the Jungle. 

You're new here suddenly? Where is Go Cards and what have you done with him? This is doom and gloom city here where we celebrate any excuse for doom and gloom.  LOL Heck, we need no excuses. Even if we somehow win the super bowl doom and gloom ain't going anywhere . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:37 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Marvin punting on 4th and 1 at the 40 yard line in 3rd quarter proved that Steelers are in his head.  Gotta show confidence in your offense to pick up the yard, especially the way Mixon was running.

Not sure about the "Steelers are in his head" thing, maybe so, but that wasn't a bad decision to punt on 4th down.

It was a 3rd and 1 and they actually lost yardage so what makes you think they were going to run it back up in there and be successful?  I suppose they could have passed the ball but those percentages are less than running.

It could've gone either way.  The decision was not bad but considering the circumstances it may have made sense to go for it, if for nothing else to show your team you have confidence in them and possibly to hopefully keep the drive moving and keep the offense on the field longer since the defense was completely beat up.

I'm more concerned why the coaching staff didn't call a timeout when they saw Ben pull AB closer to the line to beat the zero coverage on the last drive.  Inexcusable to leave an inexperienced player in that type of situation.  Heck, with a timeout they could've even show the same coverage and instructed the players better (for example, make sure the corner gets inside leverage and have the OLB shoot over to take away the slant.  If I'm going to get beat there is over the top and not on an easy pitch and catch.  Just poor execution by the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote