Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Honest question for Trump supporters
Say he does get re-elected in 2024, how does he bridge the gap between the people he loves to call Marxists and commies (ie Democrats and Biden voters) and MAGA? Because frankly, its one thing for half the country to dislike the president and its another thing for the president to dislike half the country. So how does he overcome that to lead the ENTIRE country?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:23 AM)pally Wrote: Say he does get re-elected in 2024, how does he bridge the gap between the people he loves to call Marxists and commies (ie Democrats and Biden voters) and MAGA?  Because frankly, its one thing for half the country to dislike the president and its another thing for the president to dislike half the country.  So how does he overcome that to lead the ENTIRE country?

[Image: 7yn25l.jpg]

A second Trump presidency would be little more than a revenge tour. Anyone who still supports him simply doesn't care.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:23 AM)pally Wrote: Say he does get re-elected in 2024, how does he bridge the gap between the people he loves to call Marxists and commies (ie Democrats and Biden voters) and MAGA?  Because frankly, its one thing for half the country to dislike the president and its another thing for the president to dislike half the country.  So how does he overcome that to lead the ENTIRE country?

Same way Biden bridges the gap. He doesn't. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will convince the post-modernist leftists that their policies are not only not working, but haven't worked throughout history. Like Jason Whitlock said, you just can't have peace with these people anymore. You cannot bridge the gap no matter who is in office. They're out of their minds. If you're going to call me a bigot for sticking true to the gender binary (which has been good enough for humans for 250,000 years, and only became bigoted 3 years ago), if you're trying to say puberty blockers are a good thing for healthy children, that white kids should be guilted by CRT references in math textbooks, that Jacob Blake is a martyr for trying to stab a cop after being arrested for violating a restraining order for raping a girl... sorry, I can't go there with you. That's leftist crap that we live with today. I've personally had enough and so have most Republicans and all Trump supporters.

Also, I don't believe Trump "dislikes" half of the country, but even if he did, why do you think that's unique to Trump? "Basket of deplorables" comes to mind. 

Last thing... Republican/conservative =/= Trump "supporter." I don't like Trump, but I'll vote for him, because I just want the country to not suck. I'm tired of a political party who says white supremacists are the #1 threat to domestic security yet turns a blind eye to the fact that black on black and black on white violence is taking thousands of lives each year. I'm tired of people being ashamed of the country for made up reasons, and acting like slavery didn't happen (and in many cases STILL happens) in every country that ever existed. I'm tired of the left wanting to destroy our history and paint us out to be some evil oppressive place when 25% of the executive branch is black, and a black president was voted in twice, along with MANY of the major cities being led by black majors and prodominantly black city councils. Let's see that stuff happen in the utopia that is France, Switzerland, or Sweden. I'm tired of Brittney Griner and another black athletes representing the country in the Olympics and protesting the anthem. She's a millionaire for playing a kid's game, and got freaking traded for the Merchant of Death. This country is a joke and people who think that's oppressive are even bigger jokes.

I want stronger borders (so does the woke mayor of NYC now, too), limited federal government, merit-based hirings and scholarships (as opposed to the left prioritizing skin color above anything else), white people to not be guilted about stuff they never did, black people being told every time they have a bad day it's because of racism... etc. 

That being said, I'm also pro gay-marriage, pro-choice, pro funding for the arts, etc. 
Reply/Quote

You can't put a square peg in a round hole. Obama did not unite the country. HRC campaigned on hating Trump supporters (deplorables), Biden said he woud unite the country, yet his spokesperson speaks of MAGA (supporters) as they are in some type of cult.

Sadly, at this point I see a divisive country continuing whether a Democrat or Republican wins in 2024. The question becomes which person you vote for based on your beliefs, based on who you think will do the best job on our economy, who will do best on stopping illegal immigration and other issues.

The difference between Trump supporters and Biden (Democratic) supporters is I don't hate Joe Biden, I hate Joe Biden's poor policies, I hate Joe Biden's leadership makes our country look weak and frail. I am upset at a minimum he allowed his son to use his position power to influence foreign countries into giving the Biden family tens of millions of dollars.

On a personal level, I feel sorry for Joe Biden being placed in a position when it is obvious, his mental and physical skills are diminishing by the day. Today they interrupted him taking questions in Viet Nam (foreign soil). That is embarrassing for him and our country.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You can't put a square peg in a round hole. Obama did not unite the country. HRC campaigned on hating Trump supporters (deplorables), Biden said he woud unite the country, yet his spokesperson speaks of MAGA (supporters) as they are in some type of cult.

Sadly, at this point I see a divisive country continuing whether a Democrat or Republican wins in 2024. The question becomes which person you vote for based on your beliefs, based on who you think will do the best job on our economy, who will do best on stopping illegal immigration and other issues.

The difference between Trump supporters and Biden (Democratic) supporters is I don't hate Joe Biden, I hate Joe Biden's poor policies, I hate Joe Biden's leadership makes our country look weak and frail. I am upset at a minimum he allowed his son to use his position power to influence foreign countries into giving the Biden family tens of millions of dollars.

On a personal level, I feel sorry for Joe Biden being placed in a position when it is obvious, his mental and physical skills are diminishing by the day. Today they interrupted him taking questions in Viet Nam (foreign soil). That is embarrassing for him and our country.

Yeah the Democrats HATE Trump as a person. That’s kind of their MO. They don’t like to talk about policies, they don’t even really know a lot of them. They just make up their minds that Ron DeSantis hates gay people (the “don’t say gay” bill is a perfect example of how they falsely label shit that they don’t like) or he’s racist or whatever. That’s all they have. Insult the person not their policies. The only main democrats I feel like that about are Pelosi and Newsom. I really do hate those 2. Everyone else I just see as either a crook/full of shit (Hillary, Biden, Obama) or a complete idiot (Bernie, Warren, Kamala). 
Reply/Quote
I don't hate Trump so much as I hate that he got into politics and I hate that we have 2 measly parties, and I hate that he's become the only option for one of our two choices and I hate hate HATE that it just so happens to be the one of the two parties that can win despite getting millions fewer votes and then when he loses in the manner that counts according to the GOP (the EC) he claims it was rigged.

We can talk policy about Trump in 2016 and even 2020, but Trump 2024 is basically the "Trump should be able to do whatever he wants" party. As Americans we are only given 2 choices, and we aren't even doing those 2 choices right. Sucks to suck.
Reply/Quote
To the OP, I am not a fan of Trump's childish tweets. I believed he was screwed in the 2020 election, I do feel he needed to be an adult about the loss and he was not. Did he try and organize a coup against the government, no he did not or we know a liberal weaponized DOJ would have charged him. He asked for 10,000 troops days prior to Jan. 6. Why was it denied?

I would not be opposed to the GOP being Nikki Haley versus Trump. But if Trump is the nominee, he needs a capable woman as his VP choice. Again, I like Nikki Haley over Noem. Republicans need to come to grips with abortion and quit the hard line stances on not allowing it very early in pregnancy. I think Haley understands it and is our best choice to help align Republicans on the message.

I think most leaders suffer from huge a huge ego and Trump is not an exception. I do wish he would work on bringing everyone together. The issue is that train left the station after he won in 2016, he was attacked and persecuted by the liberal media and the weaponized justice department before he entered office and it has continued now for 7 years.

It is the Democrats who need to meet Trump or any GOP winner half way, if they won't do that the country will remain divided.

The guy who could unite this country is the guy the DNC is excluding from running a fair campaign against Biden. I like Kennedy, I also like Tulsi Gabbard. I hope one of them runs as a no labels candidate.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't hate Trump so much as I hate that he got into politics and I hate that we have 2 measly parties, and I hate that he's become the only option for one of our two choices and I hate hate HATE that it just so happens to be the one of the two parties that can win despite getting millions fewer votes and then when he loses in the manner that counts according to the GOP (the EC) he claims it was rigged.

We can talk policy about Trump in 2016 and even 2020, but Trump 2024 is basically the "Trump should be able to do whatever he wants" party. As Americans we are only given 2 choices, and we aren't even doing those 2 choices right. Sucks to suck.

Agreed. My problem is the way in which the American people seem to be so accepting of this decline of democratic principles. I'm a firm believer of the phrase "love the sinner, hate the sin." I don't dislike anyone, really. Okay, maybe a few people that I cannot let go of a grudge against from a long time ago. Regardless, my issues are with the the actions, with the willingness that our citizenry will forego the foundations of our nation. Sincerely, I despair for the path our country is headed down.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:02 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Insult the person not their policies. The only main democrats I feel like that about are Pelosi and Newsom. I really do hate those 2. Everyone else I just see as either a crook/full of shit (Hillary, Biden, Obama) or a complete idiot (Bernie, Warren, Kamala). 

So you now rant about how awful it is to insult the person instead of the policies and then immediately move on to expressing your hatred for liberal politicians and call them crooks, full of shit and complete idiots.

Is this supposed to be funny?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Agreed. My problem is the way in which the American people seem to be so accepting of this decline of democratic principles. I'm a firm believer of the phrase "love the sinner, hate the sin." I don't dislike anyone, really. Okay, maybe a few people that I cannot let go of a grudge against from a long time ago. Regardless, my issues are with the the actions, with the willingness that our citizenry will forego the foundations of our nation. Sincerely, I despair for the path our country is headed down.

Do you and others feel our F.B.I. and D.O.J. has treated Trump fairly? Have they treated Biden, Obama and HRC fairly? Have they treated both sides equally?

I keep hearing things like Trump organized a coup against the US government, yet through all of the thorough investigations on Trump, he is not been charged with organizing a coup attempt. Yet, I see those on the left continue to lie and say definitively Trump organized a coup.

The facts do not back up Trump organized a coup so time to either charge him or let it go as no evidence proving he did it. This is example of dividing the nation and using an excuse to call Trump supporters a cult.

I would argue a biased F.B.I, C.I.A and D.O.J. is a much bigger issue (decline of democratic principles) than a failed theory leveled against President Trump.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 12:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you and others feel our F.B.I. and D.O.J. has treated Trump fairly?

The treatment Trump has received on the documents case alone is clearly not being done in an impartial manner nor following common protocols based upon the actions of the subject and nature of the documents. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 01:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The treatment Trump has received on the documents case alone is clearly not being done in an impartial manner nor following common protocols based upon the actions of the subject and nature of the documents. 

As unprecedented as the situation is, I have to say I have legitimately seen no evidence of the DOJ/FBI doing anything that indicates unfair treatment towards Trump. I'm a very by-the-book type of person (I'm actually currently under consideration to be a magistrate for this reason) and everything looks to me like Smith and his team are being exceedingly careful to cross every T and dot every I.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 02:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As unprecedented as the situation is, I have to say I have legitimately seen no evidence of the DOJ/FBI doing anything that indicates unfair treatment towards Trump. I'm a very by-the-book type of person (I'm actually currently under consideration to be a magistrate for this reason) and everything looks to me like Smith and his team are being exceedingly careful to cross every T and dot every I.

To be clear, you are basing your reputation on the D.O.J. and F.B.I. treated Trump fairly putting him through a fake Russian conspiracy theory that Johne Brennan briefed Obama and others in October of 2016 was based on a fake political hit piece (Steele Dossier) orchestrated by HRC and the DNC.

Please share how that was fair and on par on how other Presidents or Secretaries of State like HRC were treated?

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 02:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As unprecedented as the situation is, I have to say I have legitimately seen no evidence of the DOJ/FBI doing anything that indicates unfair treatment towards Trump. I'm a very by-the-book type of person (I'm actually currently under consideration to be a magistrate for this reason) and everything looks to me like Smith and his team are being exceedingly careful to cross every T and dot every I.

It's unfair in his favor. Most people don't have a year to voluntarily return misappropriated and willfully retained classified documents.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 03:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's unfair in his favor. Most people don't have a year to voluntarily return misappropriated and willfully retained classified documents.

No, that was as it should have been. They gave a lot of benefit-of-the-doubt. These cases do result in a ton of deference given to the individual. See what they did with Pence, Biden, Obama, etc. As I pointed out before, I know of tons of examples where they have worked with folks for mistakes in this realm and give them every opportunity to do the right thing.

It's like I tell people about dealing with the IRS. They are very easy to get along with and understanding so long as you are willing to work with them. When you don't, they will ruin you.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, that was as it should have been. They gave a lot of benefit-of-the-doubt. These cases do result in a ton of deference given to the individual. See what they did with Pence, Biden, Obama, etc. As I pointed out before, I know of tons of examples where they have worked with folks for mistakes in this realm and give them every opportunity to do the right thing.

It's like I tell people about dealing with the IRS. They are very easy to get along with and understanding so long as you are willing to work with them. When you don't, they will ruin you.

Ok, well we're arguing different points here because you're talking politicians, and we can agree they are treated in a different manner than regular people with security clearances who handle information at lower levels than were found in the possession of the above.  A regular government employee gets the benefit of the doubt the first time they accidentally plug a commercial USB drive into a government laptop, not a year to return top secret documents.

With that being said, we also know Trump's MO is to frame everything as if he is a victim since that plays well with the symbiotic bond he's created with his base.  Though given how well his mugshot has played with his base, he may have benefitted if he got swatted and held at gunpoint.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 10:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: With that being said, we also know Trump's MO is to frame everything as if he is a victim since that plays well with the symbiotic bond he's created with his base.  Though given how well his mugshot has played with his base, he may have benefitted if he got swatted and held at gunpoint.

Oh, 100%. We see it in so many posts in here, even. People have a very skewed view on how things have been done. A lot of it comes from a combination of swallowing the propaganda hook, line, and sinker, as well as an ignorance regarding how government works.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To the OP, I am not a fan of Trump's childish tweets. I believed he was screwed in the 2020 election, I do feel he needed to be an adult about the loss and he was not. Did he try and organize a coup against the government, no he did not or we know a liberal weaponized DOJ would have charged him. He asked for 10,000 troops days prior to Jan. 6. Why was it denied?

How was Trump "screwed" in the 2020 election--other than by the American people who voted him out of office? 

He didn't "organize a coup" because he wasn't "charged"? THAT would be the evidence, NOT his coordination of a criminal attempt to 
invalidate a valid election, the Capitol insurrection, the scheme to throw the vote to the House?  

If he is, incredibly, voted back into office, then Dems need to meet him halfway--the guy who tried to overturn a valid election after his
party protected him from two impeachments? 

Wow. What's a Trump second term going to be like: a president and supporters who no longer value democracy, who cannot be swayed
by law or evidence?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 12:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The facts do not back up Trump organized a coup so time to either charge him or let it go as no evidence proving he did it. This is example of dividing the nation and using an excuse to call Trump supporters a cult.

I would argue a biased F.B.I, C.I.A and D.O.J. is a much bigger issue (decline of democratic principles) than a failed theory leveled against President Trump.

You do know that Trump IS being charged with a conspiracy to defraud voters and obstruct certification of the 2020 election, right? 

Twice even, as both federal and state prosecutors have brought separate cases.  And "the facts" include fake electors from seven different states, as well as a mob whipped to a frenzy and sicced on the Capitol to influence Pence to break the law.

Why don't you think that attempting to overthrow a valid election "divides the nation"? 

It's a "biased FBI, CIA and DOJ" that leads to your concern about a decline in democratic principles--not your leader's attempt to overturn an election he lost with the support of many in his party and tolerance of most of the rest.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:21 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Same way Biden bridges the gap. He doesn't. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will convince the post-modernist leftists that their policies are not only not working, but haven't worked throughout history. Like Jason Whitlock said, you just can't have peace with these people anymore. You cannot bridge the gap no matter who is in office. They're out of their minds. If you're going to call me a bigot for sticking true to the gender binary (which has been good enough for humans for 250,000 years, and only became bigoted 3 years ago), if you're trying to say puberty blockers are a good thing for healthy children, that white kids should be guilted by CRT references in math textbooks, that Jacob Blake is a martyr for trying to stab a cop after being arrested for violating a restraining order for raping a girl... sorry, I can't go there with you. That's leftist crap that we live with today. I've personally had enough and so have most Republicans and all Trump supporters.

Also, I don't believe Trump "dislikes" half of the country, but even if he did, why do you think that's unique to Trump? "Basket of deplorables" comes to mind. 

Last thing... Republican/conservative =/= Trump "supporter." I don't like Trump, but I'll vote for him, because I just want the country to not suck. I'm tired of a political party who says white supremacists are the #1 threat to domestic security yet turns a blind eye to the fact that black on black and black on white violence is taking thousands of lives each year. I'm tired of people being ashamed of the country for made up reasons, and acting like slavery didn't happen (and in many cases STILL happens) in every country that ever existed. I'm tired of the left wanting to destroy our history and paint us out to be some evil oppressive place when 25% of the executive branch is black, and a black president was voted in twice, along with MANY of the major cities being led by black majors and prodominantly black city councils. Let's see that stuff happen in the utopia that is France, Switzerland, or Sweden. I'm tired of Brittney Griner and another black athletes representing the country in the Olympics and protesting the anthem. She's a millionaire for playing a kid's game, and got freaking traded for the Merchant of Death. This country is a joke and people who think that's oppressive are even bigger jokes.

I want stronger borders (so does the woke mayor of NYC now, too), limited federal government, merit-based hirings and scholarships (as opposed to the left prioritizing skin color above anything else), white people to not be guilted about stuff they never did, black people being told every time they have a bad day it's because of racism... etc. 

That being said, I'm also pro gay-marriage, pro-choice, pro funding for the arts, etc. 

Could I ask where you get most of your news from? Just curious. 

Are websites involved as well as news organizations? If so I'd appreciate names, even links if possible, if it's not too much trouble.
Reply/Quote