Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly think we are the best team of the AFCN
(10-11-2017, 12:49 AM)Trademark Wrote: I really do, our defense is ridiculous and our offense is starting to click at the right time. Our offensive line even seems like it’s stsrting to improve since we’ve been playing Dre more. Honestly have a good feeling about the rest of the season. Who dey!

I totally agree. I hope your right Trademark. I think the Bengals would be 5-1 now if they got their new Offensive Coordinator in there by week 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:12 AM)Synric Wrote: I always hated that saying there's been so any great things invented since slicing bread. Burbon two peice bikinis duct tape...the list is endless.

Bourbon, two piece bikini's, and duct tape. 

Sounds like a party !

Was not sure what burbon was ? So edited it to bourbon even though it is much older than sliced bread.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Absolutely and have seen this hamstring many of good Bengals defenses. 

Can not have multiple 3 and outs and expect the defense to stay playing at high level. Hard to play while gasping for wind. 

But the offense is looking very improved in passing game and that may eventually open up the rushing attack somewhat. 

We really need Ross to get on the field and stretch the defense out. 

Good point and agree.

Reply/Quote
If it wasn't for our HC being a Steeler fan and the refs i would say without question this is the case.

But those are huge problems to have.

Our Defense should have us in every game though and with Lazor the Offense and even the OL have improved immensely.

We will see a week from Sunday but we have made tons of mistakes that we can learn from in that time.

For example, AJ should be really criticizing himself for those two turnovers he caused against the Bills.

Your best Offensive player makes those mistakes and you usually lose. We were able to overcome them against a good Bills team.

This says a lot IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 06:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If it wasn't for our HC being a Steeler fan and the refs i would say without question this is the case.

Our Defense should have us in every game though and with Lazor the Offense and even the OL have improved immensely.

We will see a week from Sunday but we have made tons of mistakes that we can learn from in that time.

For example, AJ should be really criticizing himself for those two turnovers he caused against the Bills.

Your best Offensive player makes those mistakes and you usually lose. We were able to overcome them against a good Bills team.

This says a lot IMHO.

This. As I kept putting on social media...I've never seen a superstar with a performance so epic in highs and lows. AJ was ripping that team apart, while continuously falling apart. It was magical...even with all those turnovers, we found a way to win.

Which reminds me, 16 of the Bills points, came off turnovers...should've been a blow out. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 06:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If it wasn't for our HC being a Steeler fan and the refs i would say without question this is the case.

This says a lot IMHO.
I would love it, if we were blowing out Pitt and Marvin told Lazor to "shut it down" and Lazor tells him to "bugger off"!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:46 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: This. As I kept putting on social media...I've never seen a superstar with a performance so epic in highs and lows. AJ was ripping that team apart, while continuously falling apart. It was magical...even with all those turnovers, we found a way to win.

Which reminds me, 16 of the Bills points, came off turnovers...should've been a blow out. 

Loved how AJ kept fighting, a lot of superstars would fade out in the game after that.

He just kept plugging away, great resiliency. For example, Odell Beckham Jr i bet would of imploded.

Especially against that Secondary and Dalton was spot on except for the one high ball. AJ knows it.

But as Eox said in another thread, AJ owes this Defense a meal. They played great once again.

(10-12-2017, 12:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I would love it, if we were blowing out Pitt and Marvin told Lazor to "shut it down" and Lazor tells him to "bugger off"!!!

That would be awesome. But Marv would probably talk shit about him if he did and we ran up the score on Pitt.

Still remember Marv undermining Paulie G last season at the bye week when Paulie wanted to make some adjustments
on Defense and start playing some of the younger players. Made me sick, another monster reason to move on from him.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:20 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I totally agree. I hope your right Trademark. I think the Bengals would be 5-1 now if they got their new Offensive Coordinator in there by week 1.

I like Lazor, but I don't see how he can give us an extra win in 5 games.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:48 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Pitt is the still the best in division until we beat them.

And they have a better defense than us. I agree they are better...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 05:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: And they have a better defense than us. I agree they are better...

I dunno...their run defense has been surprisingly vulnerable.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 05:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: And they have a better defense than us. I agree they are better...

Before folks start laying out average per yard stats and whatnot, Pitt has owned them for decades now. Until Bengals can beat them and have the better record, they are not the best team in the division.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

So far this season they don't. It's close but they don't.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 05:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Before folks start laying out average per yard stats and whatnot, Pitt has owned them for decades now. Until Bengals can beat them and have the better record, they are not the best team in the division.

Sadly true 

Yet hope this is the beginning of the end of the steelers rule over us.

and the fall off big ben as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Andre needs to become the permanent LT.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
imo, the steelers are reeling out of control....infighting, loss of confidence....
they'll go out to K.C. this sundy....4:25 pm & get their asses stomped...
might be 33-10....in that range...
then they come home & we kick their guts out in their house.....

as long as our offense continues to jell.....
I see 11-5 & an AFC North crown...
Reply/Quote
There has been a huge change of optimism since the Buffalo victory. I almost think we need a Surgeon Generals warning attached to this thread. Not telling you not to be a fan, but some of the talk can be dangerous to your health. Hoping the optimism becomes a reality. However, I'm 50 and can't take as many hard falls in a single season anymore. I will build one victory at a time (then take my crushing at the end).

Reply/Quote
Not with our offensive line we're not.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
If we are, we have a wonderful chance to prove it next Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 05:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: So far this season they don't. It's close but they don't.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

The Steelers have played HORRIBLE offenses this year too.

Browns - 31st ppg
Vikings (without Bradford) - 19th ppg
Bears - 30th ppg
Ravens - 24th ppg
Jags - 5th ppg (but their defense has scored a LOT. They average 27.8 ppg and their defense contributes 5.6 ppg to that from pick 6s and fumble recoveries for TDs)

They played all of the worst offenses in the league... I wonder why their defense has such good stats. I know we haven't played world beaters on offense, but we have played teams with better offenses than they have so far this year.
Reply/Quote
If the league decides we're the greatest thing since sliced bread and the best team in the division then we are. Otherwise we're just bread.
Think back to that playoff game when one Vontez Burfict was taking the game over almost single handed, but then in the last minutes of the game VB is vilified, Pac handed the huge penalty and the Squeelers allowed to get away with everything from dirty hits to pulling hair to having an assistant coach on the field disrupting things. We KNOW what happened and there's two schools of thought. 
One, and the one I believe,  IT WAS RIGGED
and the other, Marvin lost control, Pac lost his mind and VB, well he just HAD TO get suspended just because.. And don't forget the other villain who really wasn't a villain at all, THE FUMBLER.. 
Did anyone else just know that somehow the zebras were going to suddenly snatch victory from us and gift it to the golden boys? Come playoff time with us vs the Squats I'd just about bet that the sun would rise in the west before betting on us winning fair and square.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote