Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly think we are the best team of the AFCN
(10-13-2017, 07:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: If the league decides we're the greatest thing since sliced bread and the best team in the division then we are. Otherwise we're just bread.
Think back to that playoff game when one Vontez Burfict was taking the game over almost single handed, but then in the last minutes of the game VB is vilified, Pac handed the huge penalty and the Squeelers allowed to get away with everything from dirty hits to pulling hair to having an assistant coach on the field disrupting things. We KNOW what happened and there's two schools of thought. 
One, and the one I believe,  IT WAS RIGGED
and the other, Marvin lost control, Pac lost his mind and VB, well he just HAD TO get suspended just because.. And don't forget the other villain who really wasn't a villain at all, THE FUMBLER.. 
Did anyone else just know that somehow the zebras were going to suddenly snatch victory from us and gift it to the golden boys? Come playoff time with us vs the Squats I'd just about bet that the sun would rise in the west before betting on us winning fair and square.. 

Pretty much. It all would have went differently had someone just grabbed his fishing pole.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 08:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Pretty much. It all would have went differently had someone just grabbed his fishing pole.

True.. so stop blaming Mikey, Marvin and the team in general and blame me for not going fishing on time.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Ehem...Never underestimate the power of the history of sliced bread.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 08:48 PM)Steve Wrote: imo, the steelers are reeling out of control....infighting, loss of confidence....
they'll go out to K.C. this sundy....4:25 pm & get their asses stomped...
might be 33-10....in that range...
then they come home & we kick their guts out in their house.....

as long as our offense continues to jell.....
I see 11-5 & an AFC North crown...

When was the last time the Squealers lost 3 games in a row (loss to Jax, loss to KC and loss to Bengals)?

As much as I'd like this to happen, I doubt it will.

If the Squealers lose to KC, they will be mad as hell and will surely take it out on us.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 07:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Steelers have played HORRIBLE offenses this year too.

Browns - 31st ppg
Vikings (without Bradford) - 19th ppg
Bears - 30th ppg
Ravens - 24th ppg
Jags - 5th ppg (but their defense has scored a LOT. They average 27.8 ppg and their defense contributes 5.6 ppg to that from pick 6s and fumble recoveries for TDs)

They played all of the worst offenses in the league... I wonder why their defense has such good stats. I know we haven't played world beaters on offense, but we have played teams with better offenses than they have so far this year.

Have seen some monster holes on that Pitt Defense.

Sure would be great to get our running game going against these bastids.

You give Gio or Mixon some of these holes and they can take it to the house on any given play.

Sucks for Mixon as he just hasn't gotten many big holes to work with. Dude could be great.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 08:25 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: When was the last time the Squealers lost 3 games in a row (loss to Jax, loss to KC and loss to Bengals)?

If the Squealers lose to KC, they will be mad as hell and will surely take it out on us.

Eh, don't like this thought process, we are the ones that should be looking to take it out on them.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 08:25 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: When was the last time the Squealers lost 3 games in a row (loss to Jax, loss to KC and loss to Bengals)?

2016 the Steelers lost 4 in a row. Dolphins (week 6), Patriots (week 7), (bye), Ravens (week 9), Cowboys (week 10)
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 2016 the Steelers lost 4 in a row. Dolphins (week 6), Patriots (week 7), (bye), Ravens (week 9), Cowboys (week 10)

Then they won 7 in a row to finish.

They seem to be better mid to late season than early in a year.

They started 2015 4-4 and finished 10-6.

They started 2014 3-3 and finished 11-5.

They started 2013 0-4 then 2-6 and finished 8-8.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Then they won 7 in a row to finish.

They seem to be better mid to late season than early in a year.

They started 2015 4-4 and finished 10-6.

They started 2014 3-3 and finished 11-5.

They started 2013 0-4 then 2-6 and finished 8-8.

We normally play really well mid to late regular season

2012 - 2015 (2016 was to shitty of a year) we are 21 - 11 in the 2nd half of the season, and that's including 2 games where we lost when Dalton was hurt in 2015.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 07:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: If the league decides we're the greatest thing since sliced bread and the best team in the division then we are. Otherwise we're just bread.
Think back to that playoff game when one Vontez Burfict was taking the game over almost single handed, but then in the last minutes of the game VB is vilified, Pac handed the huge penalty and the Squeelers allowed to get away with everything from dirty hits to pulling hair to having an assistant coach on the field disrupting things. We KNOW what happened and there's two schools of thought. 
One, and the one I believe,  IT WAS RIGGED
and the other, Marvin lost control, Pac lost his mind and VB, well he just HAD TO get suspended just because.. And don't forget the other villain who really wasn't a villain at all, THE FUMBLER.. 
Did anyone else just know that somehow the zebras were going to suddenly snatch victory from us and gift it to the golden boys? Come playoff time with us vs the Squats I'd just about bet that the sun would rise in the west before betting on us winning fair and square.. 

So what you're saying is...the NFL is rigged and Vontaze Burfict is along for the ride since he picked that pass that should have won the game and then turned around and committed the first 15 yd penalty that lead to the game winning field goal. Because that def was the definition of hitting a defenseless receiver in the head/neck area.

So, since Pacman came right behind with the 2nd penalty, he must be in on it too.

Almost forgot...Jeremy fumbled to start the whole process. Hmm, that's 3 Bengals on the NFL conspiracy team.

And i guess they must have a machine that makes sure a FG kicker doesn't miss in the crucial moment, because the guy did have to kick the ball through the uprights in the rain. 

Man, these dudes at the NFL are really good at conspiracies in order to make everything fall in place so nicely. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 2016 the Steelers lost 4 in a row. Dolphins (week 6), Patriots (week 7), (bye), Ravens (week 9), Cowboys (week 10)

2013 Steelers started 0-4.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 02:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So what you're saying is...the NFL is rigged and Vontaze Burfict is along for the ride since he picked that pass that should have won the game and then turned around and committed the first 15 yd penalty that lead to the game winning field goal. Because that def was the definition of hitting a defenseless receiver in the head/neck area.

So, since Pacman came right behind with the 2nd penalty, he must be in on it too.

Almost forgot...Jeremy fumbled to start the whole process. Hmm, that's 3 Bengals on the NFL conspiracy team.

And i guess they must have a machine that makes sure a FG kicker doesn't miss in the crucial moment, because the guy did have to kick the ball through the uprights in the rain. 

Man, these dudes at the NFL are really good at conspiracies in order to make everything fall in place so nicely. 

No, but they have a machine to make it start and stop raining. Why do you think McCarron was saying every time the Bengals got the ball it started raining?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 02:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, but they have a machine to make it start and stop raining. Why do you think McCarron was saying every time the Bengals got the ball it started raining?

Now that, i believe. 

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have seen some monster holes on that Pitt Defense.

You give Gio or Mixon some of these holes and they can take it to the house on any given play.

Sucks for Mixon as he just hasn't gotten many big holes to work with. Dude could be great.

Would love to see us crush them.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 02:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Would love to see us crush them.

Hope this is the year, been waiting a long time haven't we?

We have the Defense to do it. The Pig has been looking wobbly as ole DC spoke of, their D has been giving up big runs etc.

We just beat a good Bills team and would of blew them out if AJ didn't cause two turnovers.

They just lost to the Jags, badly and are playing the Chiefs next, we get to rest and hopefully pumble their ass.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have seen some monster holes on that Pitt Defense.

Interestingly enough, the Bengals and Steelers are currently the top 2 teams when it comes to pass yards allowed per game.
However, I don't the Steelers are as good as their ranking indicates.
They played against the Bears (no receivers, bad QB), Browns (no receivers, rookie QB), Jags (no ARob, bad QB), Ravens (bad offense), and Vikings (no Bradford that game, Keenum first game).

While the Bengals haven't played many stud offenses either, they did play Rodgers and Co. in a game that the Bengals were leading most of the game forcing the Packers to throw a lot.
I think the Bengals have a better defense than the Steelers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 04:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Interestingly enough, the Bengals and Steelers are currently the top 2 teams when it comes to pass yards allowed per game.
However, I don't the Steelers are as good as their ranking indicates.
They played against the Bears (no receivers, bad QB), Browns (no receivers, rookie QB), Jags (no ARob, bad QB), Ravens (bad offense), and Vikings (no Bradford that game, Keenum first game).

While the Bengals haven't played many stud offenses either, they did play Rodgers and Co. in a game that the Bengals were leading most of the game forcing the Packers to throw a lot.
I think the Bengals have a better defense than the Steelers.

I feel the same, playing Rodgers in his place was one heck of a test.

Our Defense beat down the Browns way worse than the Steelers D did.

And our Offense didn't do any favors for our D the first 3 games. We have a bad run blocking O-line so the D doesn't
get much rest either. They just have to force the other team to give us the ball all the time and they have done this.

Even against the Bills all their points came off turnovers, mostly AJ.

With the O-line blocking better against one of the best fronts in football in the Bills i think our Offense can actually
start doing some favors for our Defense. Add one of the speedy wideouts to complement Green and maybe our run
game should get a lot better.

That is what is crazy, i think our Defense will just get much better as the year goes on with these young guys and
the Offense improving. The Steelers usually get better as the season goes on but the Pig is getting old, we will see
if that Offense will help or hurt their D. The Pig sure hurt their D last game.
Reply/Quote
Might have the best personnel in the North, but until Marv and PA are gone we won’t be the best team. Marv is almost as bad coming out of a bye week as he is in prime time and playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 05:32 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Might have the best personnel in the North, but until Marv and PA are gone we won’t be the best team. Marv is almost as bad coming out of a bye week as he is in prime time and playoffs.

Very true but i really like our OC and especially our DC right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 05:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true but i really like our OC and especially our DC right now.

I think the jury is still out on Lazor. All he’s really done is simplify the reads for Dalton, we still need to get more than AJ or Kroft involved in the passing game and get the running game going. The running game is going to be a tough one if we keep trying to run behind just these 5 lineman. At this point we’ll need a lead blocking fullback and jumbo package lines.

I’ve always liked Guenther as DC. No idea how he’d be as a HC, but we won’t find that out until he’s given a shot somewhere.
Reply/Quote