Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honey Badger
I cannot find the darned tweet, but I saw a tweet (and I think it was actually an NFL tweet) that stated that the Bengals were pursuing Tyrann Mathieu, as well as the Steelers and the Cowboys. Did anyone else see this or have any other reports of said pursuit ? Seems odd as I'd rather pursue other positions, but I wouldn't hate that talent for the right price.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 02:34 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I cannot find the darned tweet, but I saw a tweet (and I think it was actually an NFL tweet) that stated that the Bengals were pursuing Tyrann Mathieu, as well as the Steelers and another team. Did anyone else see this or have any other reports of said pursuit ? Seems odd as I'd rather pursue other positions, but I wouldn't hate that talent for the right price.

First I have heard of it. Maybe the extension talks with Bates have soured if this has any stock what so ever.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 02:34 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I cannot find the darned tweet, but I saw a tweet (and I think it was actually an NFL tweet) that stated that the Bengals were pursuing Tyrann Mathieu, as well as the Steelers and the Cowboys. Did anyone else see this or have any other reports of said pursuit ? Seems odd as I'd rather pursue other positions, but I wouldn't hate that talent for the right price.

I found a tweet saying the Bengals were interested, but it was a nobody account with 100 followers. That's it. I've scanned back to the beginning of FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 03:00 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I found a tweet saying the Bengals were interested, but it was a nobody account with 100 followers. That's it. I've scanned back to the beginning of FA.

Only new tweet I see is him taking shots at Tyreek Hill....
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 03:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Only new tweet I see is him taking shots at Tyreek Hill....

Found it, but it's not any NFL official account.
Sneaky bugger...
Whatever

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Might as well make a run at him. Keep the LSU train rolling.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Somebody needs to point out to him that if he goes to the Stealers, he'll face Burrow twice per year.
Reply/Quote
Why on earth would be interested in him? We have two above average safeties including one of our that we won't give a lucrative deal to...makes zero sense.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 03:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Somebody needs to point out  to him that if he goes to the Stealers, he'll face Burrow twice per year.

I've seen that mentioned by individuals on Twitter, multiple times.
LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 03:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why on earth would be interested in him? We have two above average safeties including one of our that we won't give a lucrative deal to...makes zero sense.

Unless they signed him to a 3 year deal and then rescind the tag from Bates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 03:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why on earth would be interested in him? We have two above average safeties including one of our that we won't give a lucrative deal to...makes zero sense.

Pretty much why I posted the OP asking if anyone had any info. 
I was a bit befuddled why we'd pursue him, when we could fill other holes.
Reply/Quote

So we have a Saftey after Bates tag year is over... Or cause they might be looking at trading Bates if they cant work out a deal. 

Wont know till it happens.

Or they were using those talks as leverage for a bates deal

But 3 quality Safety's are better than 2. especially in the division we are in
Reply/Quote

I would imagine the deals he has been offered were quite "lucrative". 

Do you want Bates extended as the highest paid safety or the line they just assembled?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 03:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So we have a Saftey after Bates tag year is over... Or cause they might be looking at trading Bates if they cant work out a deal. 

Wont know till it happens.

Or they were using those talks as leverage for a bates deal

But 3 quality Safety's are better than 2.  especially in the division we are in

This is why it makes some sense.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes I think the Bengals say they're interested in somebody just to drive other teams in their fan base nuts. There is no way in hell he signs here. It's Jesse Bates hotel
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 04:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Sometimes I think the Bengals say they're interested in somebody just to drive other teams in their fan base nuts.  There is no way in hell he signs here. It's Jesse Bates hotel

Or they found out the Steelers were interested so they are bidding to drive up the price storage wars style lol
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 04:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Or they found out the Steelers were interested so they are bidding to drive up the price storage wars style lol

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Curious to see people’s opinions on this. Dude is a playmaker for sure. Consistent too. What’s his injury history like? Isn’t he more of a SS type than a FS? If we signed him, is he an immediate starter or a “package” guy who comes in when we go three safeties ala Ricardo Allen? I don’t see the guy signing with Bates and Bell as the starters when he could get a starter gig elsewhere. I wouldn’t be opposed to signing him cheaper than Bates, trading Bates, and saving a bit of money AND gaining draft capital in one fell swoop. I like Bates, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t see us paying him what he may want, and this option could really cover us if talks break down or he walks.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 05:20 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Curious to see people’s opinions on this. Dude is a playmaker for sure. Consistent too. What’s his injury history like? Isn’t he more of a SS type than a FS? If we signed him, is he an immediate starter or a “package” guy who comes in when we go three safeties ala Ricardo Allen? I don’t see the guy signing with Bates and Bell as the starters when he could get a starter gig elsewhere. I wouldn’t be opposed to signing him cheaper than Bates, trading Bates, and saving a bit of money AND gaining draft capital in one fell swoop. I like Bates, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t see us paying him what he may want, and this option could really cover us if talks break down or he walks.

Matthieu has definitely been injured some and he is a FS, he would be taking Bates spot if we brought him in.

We would be trading Bates for sure if we brought in Matthieu. Not out of the question if Bates wants to be paid like he is a 
top 5 Safety. He is a top 10 Safety and that is what he should paid like and he should be happy about it. If not, need to move
on, don't need unhappy players on this squad. If we trade Bates I would bring in Matthieu and Draft either Jaquan Brisker or 
Daxton Hill at 31.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 05:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Matthieu has definitely been injured some and he is a FS, he would be taking Bates spot if we brought him in.

We would be trading Bates for sure if we brought in Matthieu. Not out of the question if Bates wants to be paid like he is a 
top 5 Safety. He is a top 10 Safety and that is what he should paid like and he should be happy about it. If not, need to move
on, don't need unhappy players on this squad. If we trade Bates I would bring in Matthieu and Draft either Jaquan Brisker or 
Daxton Hill at 31.

He has played in every game, except for two, over the last 5 years. Pretty reliable in my opinion.

At this point, Tyrann for 3 years would Be better than the tag, 1 year at a time, game that bates is bringing to the table.

All of this said, much to do about nothing
Reply/Quote